Cape Liberty - Bayonne

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Glad you were able to get it done.  Did this occur this month or last?

I rec'd an email with options on 2/12.  Did L&S on 2/13.

I had an Alaska cruise booked for May 2021, but canceled on 2/11 (final payment date).  I rec'd the email the next day and assumed it was for the Alaska cruise.  I later realized that my other 2 cruises, while they're transatlantics, also have port calls in Canada.  That is when I decided to do the L&S of my Jewel cruise.  Still need to decide whether to L&S my Anthem TA.

29 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Glad you were able to get it done.  Did this occur this month or last?

Roysl is extending a modified lift and shift for any sailing they cancel or select others where they give people the option (Alaska)

the modified lift and shift is a lot more restrictive.  One week plus or minus your sail date and only one ship to choose from.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Roysl is extending a modified lift and shift for any sailing they cancel or select others where they give people the option (Alaska)

the modified lift and shift is a lot more restrictive.  One week plus or minus your sail date and only one ship to choose from.  

Thanks for the clarification ken, I thought that you had posted on another thread that the original Lift n Shift option had expired on Jan 31 so that is why I posted what I did.

With the 125% FCC that also gives you 125% with any cruise planner purchases, right?

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Thanks for the clarification ken, I thought that you had posted on another thread that the original Lift n Shift option had expired on Jan 31 so that is why I posted what I did.

With the 125% FCC that also gives you 125% with any cruise planner purchases, right?

The original lift and shift (free for all) did expire at the end of January.  This new modified L&S replaced it. 

if you choose the 125% FCC you can also opt for the 125% cruise planner OBC.  You do need to opt in though as it is not automatic. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The original lift and shift (free for all) did expire at the end of January.  This new modified L&S replaced it. 

if you choose the 125% FCC you can also opt for the 125% cruise planner OBC.  You do need to opt in though as it is not automatic. 

Thanks....in general, the best rates are usually during the Black Friday sale for unlimited drink and dining packages?  Right now we got UDP for 179, UBP for 46 and Coco Beach Club for 65. 

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thanks....in general, the best rates are usually during the Black Friday sale for unlimited drink and dining packages?  Right now we got UDP for 179, UBP for 46 and Coco Beach Club for 65. 

While Black Friday sales CAN be good (each year seems different), there have been several times I have gotten a better price on things during other 'sales'.  The prices you are listing are good for those things are pretty good--I would probably buy at those prices and then cancel and repurchase if they do drop lower.  UDP and UBP tend to be higher the Oasis/Quantum class/newer ships from what I've seen.  I've been watching for Coco Beach Club for a couple of cruises and it hasn't dropped below $118, so as of now, we'll pass on that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

To be honest last year the only prices I found cheaper in Black Friday was the refreshment and soda packages for the 6 cruises I had booked.  I found all the other prices to be the same or in some cases more than what I had already booked things for. I don’t follow the UBP but 46 sounds like a great price. 

• Like 1