Interesting interview with Carol and Orlando

oddjob16

15 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Thanks for this Odd👍. It sounds very positive and we will see where it all goes. At the moment I'm having doubts as to when it will all start back up again. Let's hope the plans include possible delays. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I really liked the positive direction they're taking. Thankx for posting the interview.  I can't explain why, but I believe them.  One very good aspect, IMO, is they no longer have to please the giant conglomerate but can make AZ their own. 

Initially I was sceptible about AZ's future at the sale announcement.  However the information the new owners and this interview shared plus the immediate fourth ship acquisition make me look forward to when they begin sailing again so I could definitely include them in my considerations.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I really liked the positive direction they're taking. Thankx for posting the interview.  I can't explain why, but I believe them.  One very good aspect, IMO, is they no longer have to please the giant conglomerate but can make AZ their own. 

Initially I was sceptible about AZ's future at the sale announcement.  However the information the new owners and this interview shared plus the immediate fourth ship acquisition make me look forward to when they begin sailing again so I could definitely include them in my considerations.

I feel the same way. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, eggcream3 said:

What programs are going to be carried over from Royal ie loyalty, choice air, cancellation policy for example. 

Carol should also learn new adjectives to describe what they are planning "cool" does not really sound exciting  

This was a helicopter view of the deal to give us a feel for the way the company will be moved forward. The little details you mention, whilst important will follow, but it's not for this message. We will wait and see. 

Phil 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, eggcream3 said:

What programs are going to be carried over from Royal ie loyalty, choice air, cancellation policy for example. 

Thats a level of detail that will not be announced until the new brand is fully separated from Oldco.  Standard merger and demerger language being used and limited information shared is as I would expect

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like Azamara will include shore excursions in their price.  Not happy with this option especially in the Caribbean.  Also hope they hold off on Oprah.  Not a big fan.  I wish them the best.  I will watch what happens here before committing to a booking.

3 hours ago, lhcruzin said:

It sounds like Azamara will include shore excursions in their price.  Not happy with this option especially in the Caribbean.  Also hope they hold off on Oprah.  Not a big fan.  I wish them the best.  I will watch what happens here before committing to a booking.

What makes you say that?  I haven't picked up on the shore excursions I guess; only the Azamazing Evening

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, laurieb said:

What makes you say that?  I haven't picked up on the shore excursions I guess; only the Azamazing Evening

I agree. Not sure where that comes from, but one thing is for certain. If they try it then it won't work. The Azamara demographic is canny as far as shorex is concerned and part of the appeal in docking close is to go off and do your own thing. 

Phil 

• Like 12