Crystal to require vaccinations

3 hours ago, puerto penasco lady said:

I have had both doses of the vaccine and love that it will be a requirement.  Makes me feel much safer on board.  See you on the World Cruise on Serenity in Feb 2022.

Brenda

By then you most probably will have to be vaccinated again. It is still not clear how long vaccines protect you and besides that, current vaccines offer only limited protection against mutations like the one in South Africa and Brasil. We are also booked on the WC 2022. We are cautiously optimistic and we will wait until final payment to see how things develop. Specially how countries will react if COVID does happen onboard despite the precautions and what agreements are being made between cruise lines and those countries.

Ivi

48 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

By then you most probably will have to be vaccinated again. 

I fully expect that. It will be an annual thing. Maybe even more frequent in the next 12 months. Fortunately, we will be swimming in vaccines by the end of the year. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

I fully expect that. It will be an annual thing. Maybe even more frequent in the next 12 months. Fortunately, we will be swimming in vaccines by the end of the year. 

Yes, the US maybe.  But other countries may not.  Where will you go?

Thanks for sharing, Pcardad.  This is another cruise line to add to the list.  I'll add the link for Crystal's vaccination FAQ:  https://www.crystalcruises.com/advisory-alerts/covid-19-vaccine-requirement .  It's very interesting reading.  Some of the most interesting points (to me):

• NO VACCINE, NO BOARDING, NO EXCEPTIONS - not for medical, religious, or personal reasons, and certainly not for kids
  • Policy also applies to charters
  • You'll still need a negative test before boarding
  • There's a notable non-answer to the question of the exact proof required, other than the fact that it needs to be in English
  • Vaccine = both doses (if 2 dose) + 14 days
  • Flu-like symptoms prior to departure?  Sorry, no refunds. 😰  Should've bought insurance.
  • Flu vaccine not required
  • Only vaccines approved by the FDA or EMA are accepted for guests
  • Crew not required to be vaccinated yet; the expectation is that they will do so as soon as practicable in their home countries

I hope if you are vaccinated  and do provide a negative test , passengers also can go ashore  - not only with excursions 

I am booked on Italy to Marseille on Symphony  , so if cannot go on my own i do cancel. ( i do know all the places , speaking French and partly Italian 😄)  - despite well organised by Crystal the excursions are far too slow for me.

That is not so the problem on my booked river cruise as i do not know the cities on the Donau cruise and i do not speak neither Hungarian nor Czech  🤣🤣

Also not an issue for the Seychelles on the Esprit. 

What if you are vaccinated and had a "false " positive test ??? that can happen 

some particular blood tests must be done 3 times ( like HIV ) to be sure  

4 minutes ago, vistaman said:

I hope if you are vaccinated  and do provide a negative test , passengers also can go ashore  - not only with excursions 

This is addressed, sort of, in the Crystal vaccine FAQ I linked in my post above.  To summarize, they're considering it and may make an update soon.

Received an email from Crystal confirming the new requirements and most certainly agree with the vaccination requirement for cruising. However, might have a problem getting the negative test within the time limit. Here's my situation: Booked the Crystal Bach from Amsterdam to Basel leaving on May 14, 2022. Thinking about booking a transatlantic on Celebrity Apex from Ft Lauderdale to Amsterdam, leaving April 30, 2022 and arriving in Amsterdam May 14, 2022. Is that a problem giving the 14 day rule for testing negative before the cruise?

Of course no one knows what the rules might be then. Perhaps they will change as we gain control.

Edited by Orator
5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing, Pcardad.  This is another cruise line to add to the list.  I'll add the link for Crystal's vaccination FAQ:  https://www.crystalcruises.com/advisory-alerts/covid-19-vaccine-requirement .  It's very interesting reading.  Some of the most interesting points (to me):

• NO VACCINE, NO BOARDING, NO EXCEPTIONS - not for medical, religious, or personal reasons, and certainly not for kids
  • Policy also applies to charters
  • You'll still need a negative test before boarding
  • There's a notable non-answer to the question of the exact proof required, other than the fact that it needs to be in English
  • Vaccine = both doses (if 2 dose) + 14 days
  • Flu-like symptoms prior to departure?  Sorry, no refunds. 😰  Should've bought insurance.
  • Flu vaccine not required
  • Only vaccines approved by the FDA or EMA are accepted for guests
  • Crew not required to be vaccinated yet; the expectation is that they will do so as soon as practicable in their home countries

According to the CDC fact sheet of both sets of shots: "The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19."  https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download    https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/eua-fact-sheet-recipients.pdf

48 minutes ago, Orator said:

Received an email from Crystal confirming the new requirements and most certainly agree with the vaccination requirement for cruising. However, might have a problem getting the negative test within the time limit. Here's my situation: Booked the Crystal Bach from Amsterdam to Basel leaving on May 14, 2022. Thinking about booking a transatlantic on Celebrity Apex from Ft Lauderdale to Amsterdam, leaving April 30, 2022 and arriving in Amsterdam May 14, 2022. Is that a problem giving the 14 day rule for testing negative before the cruise?

Of course no one knows what the rules might be then. Perhaps they will change as we gain control.

I am in the same situation.  Crystal said a negative test within THREE days not fourteen.  We will be touring Europe for ten days prior to boarding the river cruise.  It will be a challenge to find a testing facility in Europe when we are US citizens.

1 minute ago, scottjeanne said:

I am in the same situation.  Crystal said a negative test within THREE days not fourteen.  We will be touring Europe for ten days prior to boarding the river cruise.  It will be a challenge to find a testing facility in Europe when we are US citizens.

The stated rules were developed to meet the demands of what we know today. Rules have frequently changed during the pandemic. Remember the note from your doctor rule that some lines required? We really don't know what requirements will apply when we are ready to cruise. Perhaps there will be accurate, instant tests available so that they may test shortly before you board. Play it one day at a time.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

We have already booked the exact same itinerary...Celebrity transatlantic to Crystal River cruise. May cancel Crystal Bach and book same day itinerary on Emerald or Avalon on the 14th, or Uniworld on May 15. However they may also put pre tests in place.. Lots of uncertainty!

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

We have already booked the exact same itinerary...Celebrity transatlantic to Crystal River cruise. May cancel Crystal Bach and book same day itinerary on Emerald or Avalon on the 14th, or Uniworld on May 15. However they may also put pre tests in place.. Lots of uncertainty!

I'm thinking most cruise ships will have testing capability and it might be possible to get tested on Celebrity.

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I'm thinking most cruise ships will have testing capability and it might be possible to get tested on Celebrity.

Roy

If we pull it off, this will be the first time we will have gone directly from one cruise to another on different lines. Roy, there are many folks like you who, with return to a sort of normalcy will want to go back to scheduling back to back cruises as, I know you often have done. These testing requirements could be an issue.

Who knows what the rules will be when (if) the ships start sailing?!?! I say, read the current rules and think, this too shall change. Until we are much, much closer to actual sailings, don't get your knickers in a twist over whatever the rules du jour might be!

Patty

12 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Who knows what the rules will be when (if) the ships start sailing?!?! I say, read the current rules and think, this too shall change. Until we are much, much closer to actual sailings, don't get your knickers in a twist over whatever the rules du jour might be!

Patty

Of course things could change, but when deposit money is due for a set of itineraries that are logistically impossible according to rules currently being put in place, concerns being raised are valid and acting on those concerns is rational. 

1 minute ago, edgee said:

Of course things could change, but when deposit money is due for a set of itineraries that are logistically impossible according to rules currently being put in place, concerns being raised are valid and acting on those concerns is rational. 

Agree, but since Crystal owes me money, they aren't about to get any new money from me until we are even and I know they will continue to be a going concern. It seems you have faith in them that I just can't muster! 😲😏😜

Patty

1 hour ago, scottjeanne said:

There are several places in Europe where you can get your test. Do not worry about that. In the country where you are going to be 72 hours before your cruise, look for PCR tests and make an appointment. Some do not require an appointment but it is better to have one. Look close to your hotel for example.  You will get your results about 24 hours later per email. They can give you the results in English. Prices vary. By the time you will travel, there will be even more places for the tests.

Ivi 

7 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Vaccine = both doses (if 2 dose) + 14 days

There is increasing evidence that one dose of the mRNA vaccines is enough.  And this fact may influence public policy in various countries to, in fact, administer only a single dose, or at least delay the second dose.  It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out with cruise lines.