Transferring Cruises from HAL to a TA

richwmn

So if you CALL HAL (the general sales number) and book with any agent who answers, does this policy apply also? (I’m assuming it does...) Are the general agents PCCs, or other staff? The context of these threads has made it sound like there are PCCs assigned and agents who answer the phone and do call in bookings. (In the past I even received emails from individuals introducing themselves as my new PCC after I called in and booked.)🧐

32 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So if you CALL HAL (the general sales number) and book with any agent who answers, does this policy apply also? (I’m assuming it does...) Are the general agents PCCs, or other staff? The context of these threads has made it sound like there are PCCs assigned and agents who answer the phone and do call in bookings. (In the past I even received emails from individuals introducing themselves as my new PCC after I called in and booked.)🧐

No, on the general sales number they are reservation agents, not PCCs.  

On 2/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, CaliforniaAC said:

It was very strange. I looked for the charge and credit on the three cards I use, it didn't show up at all. No charge and no credit. Stephanie at the HAL main office took my problem to a Supervisor, and they gave my T/A the booking today. She was nice and very helpful. Everything a customer service person should be. Shout out to Stephanie!!!!

An update to this post. I thought they were going to take care of it, but they didn't. Then the offer we booked was to expire March 1st, so it looked like we were stuck. Then the offer was extended. Yesterday I cancelled and rebooked with my TA. The reason I didn't book with her originally was because she was on a well deserved holiday, and I thought this cruise would sell like hotcakes. It didn't. 

It's still up in the air if anything will sail in 2021, but I'm not taking any chances that it will sail without me.😎