Mandatory vaccination

armwinder

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

This thread should be locked because it has strayed from talking mandatory vaccination cards for cruising to political talking points about Covid.  Seriously, our country went through the civil war, the great depression, the Spanish Flu and fought the Nazis yet people are boo hooing because they could not get a hair cut at a professional salon for a whole 2 months OMG!!!!!!  Seriously we will never survive much longer with such cry baby behavior.  People want to have it both ways.  They complain government is over reaching yet also complain government is not doing enough.  
Back on topic.  Just got my vaccine and got my Covid card.  Yes it should be mandatory prior to boarding.  So lets bring on cruising again!

Here's the thing, David. Your mockery of me is really uncompassionate and, frankly, rude. It's beneath you.

Edited by DCGuy64
deleted unnecessary extra content
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

This thread should be locked because it has strayed from talking mandatory vaccination cards for cruising to political talking points about Covid.  Seriously, our country went through the civil war, the great depression, the Spanish Flu and fought the Nazis yet people are boo hooing because they could not get a hair cut at a professional salon for a whole 2 months OMG!!!!!!  Seriously we will never survive much longer with such cry baby behavior.  People want to have it both ways.  They complain government is over reaching yet also complain government is not doing enough.  
Back on topic.  Just got my vaccine and got my Covid card.  Yes it should be mandatory prior to boarding.  So lets bring on cruising again!

AMEN, David!  Well said!

Got my first shot last week.  2nd one coming up next week.  Glad to be able to get both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Yes, let's get back on topic. If vaccines are mandatory to cruise, Donald Trump and Melania will be able to board a cruise ship. They were both secretly vaccinated with their first shots in January when they were in the White House. They received their second shots as private citizens in Florida.

18 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Yes, let's get back on topic. If vaccines are mandatory to cruise, Donald Trump and Melania will be able to board a cruise ship. They were both secretly vaccinated with their first shots in January when they were in the White House. They received their second shots as private citizens in Florida.

sorry, and your point is?

19 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I wish I lived in Texas:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/03/02/texas-gov-greg-abbott-to-make-statewide-announcement-in-lubbock/

Businesses open at 100%. One. Hundred. Percent.

Now I'm quite sure, given how these things usually go, that someone will rush to reply with something like "oh great, now people will die of Covid as a result." Well, that happened last year in NY and CA, and they had draconian lock downs, too. So the real question is: is it better to at least have society back open, if the death toll remains the same? I have a hunch it'll go down due to people being vaccinated.

What would you like to bet in 4, 6 -8 weeks that's going to come back and really bite them in the ass?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

What would you like to bet in 4, 6 -8 weeks that's going to come back and really bite them in the ass?

Absolutely. I'd take that bet any day of the week. But I get to set the terms. Deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

and what's your point ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Nope. Not going to get into THAT debate. Try to figure it out yourself!!!!!!!

it's not a topic for debate, who cares if the  trumps had their shots, so did my wife and I. so did 1000's of other people. that's the  point of the vaccine, to protect and possibly help eradicate covid -19/

i dont think you actually have or had a point to make,  and that the whether  or not the trumps had their covid shots, is completely and wholly irrelevant to the issue of cruising, im sure they havent signed up for any cruises on any ship line, nor do they have any intention of doing so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Absolutely. I'd take that bet any day of the week. But I get to set the terms. Deal?

No thanks, your supposed to disagree with me LOL

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I wish I lived in Texas:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/03/02/texas-gov-greg-abbott-to-make-statewide-announcement-in-lubbock/

Businesses open at 100%. One. Hundred. Percent.

Now I'm quite sure, given how these things usually go, that someone will rush to reply with something like "oh great, now people will die of Covid as a result." Well, that happened last year in NY and CA, and they had draconian lock downs, too. So the real question is: is it better to at least have society back open, if the death toll remains the same? I have a hunch it'll go down due to people being vaccinated.

This drastic change was not based on science. Leaders here attempting to distract from the horrendous snowstorm and all the ensuing ramifications. Oh well, this month is Spring Break.

• Like 3

If they were “secretly vaccinated”, how is it that we know about it? 

Putting that mystery aside, and getting to the question of why the Trumps’ vaccine would be relevant to cruising... all I can come up with is this might suggest that naturally acquired immunity would not meet a cruise line’s requirement for boarding. So a lab report showing one has had covid and recovered from it would not be a way around the vaccine requirement.  I won’t be at all surprised if that turns out to be the case.

31 minutes ago, macandlucy said:

If they were “secretly vaccinated”, how is it that we know about it? 

Putting that mystery aside, and getting to the question of why the Trumps’ vaccine would be relevant to cruising... all I can come up with is this might suggest that naturally acquired immunity would not meet a cruise line’s requirement for boarding. So a lab report showing one has had covid and recovered from it would not be a way around the vaccine requirement.  I won’t be at all surprised if that turns out to be the case.

Evidently, it was just "leaked" very recently. I only heard about this two days ago. Agree with you about natural immunity not being a viable option for boarding a cruise ship. There are reports though that natural immunity lasts at least 3 months, so there is that.

Edited by coffeebean

1 hour ago, macandlucy said:

So a lab report showing one has had covid and recovered from it would not be a way around the vaccine requirement.

Considering that it's believed that "natural immunity" is either not as effective or is not as long-lasting as the vaccine, this would be reasonable.  People that have had COVID and recovered are still being advised to get vaccinated.

11 hours ago, hallux said:

Considering that it's believed that "natural immunity" is either not as effective or is not as long-lasting as the vaccine, this would be reasonable.  People that have had COVID and recovered are still being advised to get vaccinated.

Very true. President Trump and Melania have been vaccinated and they both had Covid.

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Very true

Considering my dad had COVID and had a vaccine appointment a month after his positive test, I certainly know this.  He went to the appointment and as long as he wasn't within the isolation period (he wasn't, it was a month later) they had no problem administering the shot to him.

Mandatory vaccinations as a policy continues to grow for the cruise industry.

"Royal Caribbean will set sail out of Israel for the first time this spring, and every passenger and crew member will be vaccinated. Starting in May, with three to seven-night journeys to the Greek Isles and Cyprus on its new Odyssey of the Seas, the cruise will leave from a port in Haifa for the first time ever, the cruise line said in a statement. Guests 16 years old and older on the sailings, along with all crew, will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19."

https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/royal-caribbean-vaccinated-israel-sailings