Havana balcony-privacy issues?

Doclt

We booked the Celebration for March of 2023, we were debating a Havana balcony (deck 8) or ocean suite (deck 12). We went with the ocean suite. We have been on 8 carnival cruises and have never booked a Havana balcony, there just seems to be a privacy issue with the lanai right outside your window. We are still thinking a Havana balcony for another booking. Any thoughts (good of bad) on privacy issues without keeping the shades closed all the time?

If your future possible Havana booking is on one of the three Vista Class ships, stay in an inside and use your savings for other expenses.  The Havana area can be utilized like your own communal balcony with a pool and two large hot tubs that are never full.  

The Havana experience on the Excellence Class ships is reduced because the large aft section on deck five is reduced down to a thin strip just forward of the atrium on the starboard side of the ship on deck eight.  There will also be a  smaller pool and no hot tubs.

• Like 1

What about the Havana extended aft-balconies on the Vista Class?  I agree the Havana Cabana (with the porch) has no privacy outside the room.  

I am on the Vista Feb 2022.  3 couples in aft-balcony (deck 7) cabins and one couple in Inside (deck 7).  I personally dislike inside cabins, so despite the added cost I chose an aft-balcony.

6 minutes ago, highcorral25 said:

What about the Havana extended aft-balconies on the Vista Class?  I agree the Havana Cabana (with the porch) has no privacy outside the room.  

I am on the Vista Feb 2022.  3 couples in aft-balcony (deck 7) cabins and one couple in Inside (deck 7).  I personally dislike inside cabins, so despite the added cost I chose an aft-balcony.

There is a possibility of those in the aft balconies above you on decks 8 & 9 can see a portion of your balcony.   I believe the aft balconies are slightly staggered. If you were up on deck 9, you would not have to worry about it.

We booked the Vista Havana patio balcony room and liked it, but if I went again I’d just book an inside room, much cheaper. It’s so easy to just walk out to the pool area anyway. We did use it, because we paid for it. 🙂 it was VERY nice to have an area that was NOT crowded around the pool. No problem ever getting a lounge chair, 2 hot tubs, pool, bar. I don’t like lido because of all the people. 

Edited by kona_wahine

I had a Havana cabana on Panorama and loved it. Yes, you do have fellow cabana neighbors occasionally walking by you during the day when lounging on your cabana but no gawkers. Here are the pros:

1. the cabanas unlike the balconies have an overhead so people above can only see the end of your cabana but not you if you’re lounging under the overhead.
2. This overhead also protects you from inclement weather so you still can enjoy your outdoor space unlike balconies.

3. There are privacy partitions between each cabana that allows for partial privacy from adjacent neighbors.

I hope this helps you in making your decision.

3 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Not much of a view.

Your other options in the Havana area are aft balcony, corner wrap or inside.  Staying in an inside and hanging out in the pool area is a good value because the cost is substantially cheaper than the other options and you just treat the pool area as your balcony. 

We have loved our corner aft balcony Havana cabana cabins on Vista.  They have been 90% private, other than when you are standing at the balcony edge looking up, down or sideways.   But I DO always remind myself that there are cameras in many places for safety, so I always act accordingly. 😉