Will Princess Cruises follow????

33 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I still think the major cruise lines aren’t going to require a vaccine. It would rule out too many pax. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian would lose most of their demographics due to kids being unvaccinated. Plus, pax in their 30s and 40s are the next set of potential lifelong cruisers and have therefore become the new target market for cruise lines . If cruise lines turn them away now, they could lose their window to hook them. Not to mention, many can not get the vaccine due to medical conditions.

Niche cruise lines can risk limiting their pax to vaccinated only, but I don’t think the mass market lines can take that risk. 

I don't foresee vaccinations to be a requirement permanently.  My thinking is that it will only be necessary until the official announcement that the pandemic emergency has ended.  If various cruise line destinations end up with vaccination requirements, all of those cruise lines you mentioned can either require vaccinations to dock at those locations or they can pass on the vaccinations and be limited to what itineraries they'll be able to offer (if any.)

I agree. I feel that seniors undoubtedly make up the largest portion of the public who go on cruises, sometimes numerous times in the one year. The majority of these senior cruisers either have been vaccinated or are just waiting for the vaccine. It doesn't make any economic sense for the cruise lines to allow unvaccinated people onto their cruises, as I feel they would lose a big percentage of their valued customers - the seniors!

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

.....................  I've never heard of children becoming depressed and harming themselves because they didn't get to go to Princess Cay this year.................

Yeah, but I personally know of a couple of adults who might be in the situation!😉 I don't care so much about Princess Cay, but I'd sure like to feel the ship move beneath my feet, and hear and see he ocean!

Doug

4 hours ago, memoak said:

If a large portion of the current cruisers refuse to cruise without proof of vaccination then I will bet that cruise lines will go that way. There is no reason that the under 65 group cannot get vaccinated by the end of summer

Totally agree..... no way are cruise lines are going to allow passengers on who have not been vaccinated.... and when vaccines are open to everyone it will be people’s choice whether they want to cruise or not.... already European countries are requiring a Covid -19 vaccination passport......