Jump to content

New cancelations including May cruises?


Recommended Posts

My friend got an email this morning that her May cruise is canceled (either Galveston or New Orleans..I can't remember which).  Is there new cancelations out today?  (ETA:  I am almost positive she said it was Vista and the first or second week of May)

Edited by NewKansasKruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewKansasKruiser said:

My friend got an email this morning that her May cruise is canceled (either Galveston or New Orleans..I can't remember which).  Is there new cancelations out today?  (ETA:  I am almost positive she said it was Vista and the first or second week of May)

My current booking is for 5/17 and I’ve not received word that it’s cancelled..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewKansasKruiser said:

My friend got an email this morning that her May cruise is canceled (either Galveston or New Orleans..I can't remember which).  Is there new cancelations out today?  (ETA:  I am almost positive she said it was Vista and the first or second week of May)

please ask her to share the email.. peasy easy........  I'm expecting more cancellations through July.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked the Carnival website and they are showing no cruises available for May 2021.  I’m feel confident that my May 2021 Alaska cruise will be canceled, but it seems that I’d there is not a single May cruise available then they already know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 9:33 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

please ask her to share the email.. peasy easy........  I'm expecting more cancellations through July.  

Not a chance. Carnival will be sailing in May. They’re still taking reservations and look forward to bringing the fun back to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Not a chance. Carnival will be sailing in May.

They’re still taking reservations and look forward

to bringing the fun back to you. 

 

I'm hoping you could be right!
Now that vaccines are out and about (Get Yours!)

the numbers are on the down-slope -bigly!

 

So there's a good chance  that, in 2 months time

this wretched affliction upon mankind will be abating

to the point where 'normality' might be starting to resume?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

 

I'm hoping you could be right!
Now that vaccines are out and about (Get Yours!)

the numbers are on the down-slope -bigly!

 

So there's a good chance  that, in 2 months time

this wretched affliction upon mankind will be abating

to the point where 'normality' might be starting to resume?

While I share your enthusiasm (and I also note that xD had tongue firmly in cheek), the vaccines have not been issued widespread enough for any effectiveness in reducing case.  The drop in caseload is probably because the big spikes triggered by US Thanksgiving through New Year's Day have cycled through, and now we've just returned to the numbers from late-October or mid-November (nationally vs FL, for example).  And death rates are still high, because they always lag new cases (both as a natural result of you have to get a case before you die from it, and because death reports are not as timely as new cases).

 

I suspect by the end of March we'll start to see actual headway form vaccinations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

 

I'm hoping you could be right!
Now that vaccines are out and about (Get Yours!)

the numbers are on the down-slope -bigly!

 

So there's a good chance  that, in 2 months time

this wretched affliction upon mankind will be abating

to the point where 'normality' might be starting to resume?

😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in October, Carnival Corporation was told by a federal court that they had to certify to the court that each Carnival Corp. ship is in environmental compliance 30 days before entering US waters. I don't know if that step is something that will delay Carnival longer than other cruise lines, or if that's a step that has already happened. Let's see what I can figure out.

 

The Breeze was in Port of Miami January 6th and again February 8th, so I assume that means she must have done her notification already since she entered US waters.

 

The Conquest in in POM as I write this.

 

The Dream was in POM January 24th.

 

The Ecstacy was in POM 3 times this year, most recently 2/21.

 

The Elation was in POM January 22nd.

 

The Freedom has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 8th.

 

The Glory has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 11th.

 

The Horizon has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 5th.

 

The Legend has been hanging out near St. Maarten and hasn't been in a US port this year. But there are no cruises listed for her until November.

 

The Liberty has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 8th.

 

The Magic is hanging our near Civitavecchia, but also isn't scheduled to sail until November.

 

The Miracle has been in Long Beach 5 times this year, most recently on Feb. 14th.

 

The Panorama has also been in Long Beach, Feb. 9th.

 

The Paradise has been in St. Maarten, and is supposed to be due in Freeport Feb 25th, but hasn't been to a US port yet this year.  Not scheduled to resume cruises until November.

 

The Pride has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 12th.

 

The Sensation has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 16th.

 

The Spirit is near Singapore, but since she is doing Australia cruises that doesn't matter.

 

The Splendor is also near Singapore, and also doing Australia cruises.

 

The Sunrise has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 18th.

 

The Sunshine has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 21st.

 

The Valor is near Civitavecchia, but won't resume cruises until November.

 

The Victory/soon to be Radiance is still in a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.

 

The Vista has been in POM twice this year, most recently February 17th.

 

Assuming the ships having been in port means they've cleared that court order hurdle, it sounds like it's not an issue at all anymore, save for a few ships that have until November to comply. No wonder I haven't heard anything more about it if it's mostly been resolved by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Not a chance. Carnival will be sailing in May. They’re still taking reservations and look forward to bringing the fun back to you. 

lol lol lol lol whatever!!!!!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received email below from the VA.  I've called & made appointment for this Sat morning.  So if things go smoothly, we'll have 2nd shot by end of March.... 

 

email-icon-reading_original.png

 

VISN 16 – Houston VA Medical Center – Announcement

 

 

 

Dear Veteran,

Your VA is proud to offer the COVID vaccine to all enrolled Veterans ages 50 and over!

This week we will be opening a special Drive thru vaccine clinic on our main hospital campus, located at 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030. The Drive-Thru Clinic will be open Wednesday through Friday, February 24-26, from noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, February 27, from 8 a.m. to noon.

Enter through our Almeda gate to get the COVID vaccine at the VA Regional Office on our campus without leaving the comfort of your car.  No appointment is necessary for these drive thru vaccine clinics.

Veterans will receive a two-dose series of vaccinations and will receive an appointment for their second vaccine dose when they check in to get the first dose. 

If you are 50 years and older and would prefer to make an appointment to get the COVID vaccine at our main medical center during the week, call us at 713-794-8985.  If you already have an appointment to get the vaccine, please keep your appointment.

Thank you for choosing the Houston VA as your healthcare provider. It is our honor and privilege to serve you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Back in October, Carnival Corporation was told by a federal court that they had to certify to the court that each Carnival Corp. ship is in environmental compliance 30 days before entering US waters.

Was it entering US waters, or operating in US waters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Was it entering US waters, or operating in US waters?

 

Well, I got it from a third party source, Cruise Law News (which seems to have a anti-cruise slant), and they said "...require Carnival to certify that each of its cruise ships is compliant with its probation obligations at least 60 days" (later modified to 30 days) "before the ships could reenter U.S. waters to resume cruises."

 

Assuming that is accurately worded, I think you're right. Because the ships were not re-entering  US waters to resume cruises. So the fact that they've been in and out of US ports may mean nothing at all, and they may still have an extra 30 days to get through before they can resume sailing that Royal Caribbean Group and Norwegian don't have.

 

So perhaps I did all that looking up for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

She probably got the same email that was sent out giving the option on cruises booked May thru July. Nothing has been canceled yet except for NCL that did announce  that they canceled thru May 31st.  We took the option offered and changed ours out of California in May to Europe in August 2022 and retains all our OBC

Edited by dbrucern
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just received email below from the VA.  I've called & made appointment for this Sat morning.  So if things go smoothly, we'll have 2nd shot by end of March.... 

 

email-icon-reading_original.png

 

VISN 16 – Houston VA Medical Center – Announcement

 

 

 

Dear Veteran,

Your VA is proud to offer the COVID vaccine to all enrolled Veterans ages 50 and over!

This week we will be opening a special Drive thru vaccine clinic on our main hospital campus, located at 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030. The Drive-Thru Clinic will be open Wednesday through Friday, February 24-26, from noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, February 27, from 8 a.m. to noon.

Enter through our Almeda gate to get the COVID vaccine at the VA Regional Office on our campus without leaving the comfort of your car.  No appointment is necessary for these drive thru vaccine clinics.

Veterans will receive a two-dose series of vaccinations and will receive an appointment for their second vaccine dose when they check in to get the first dose. 

If you are 50 years and older and would prefer to make an appointment to get the COVID vaccine at our main medical center during the week, call us at 713-794-8985.  If you already have an appointment to get the vaccine, please keep your appointment.

Thank you for choosing the Houston VA as your healthcare provider. It is our honor and privilege to serve you.

'Looking forward to when they drop to the below 50 range. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival wouldn't accept bookings for sailings they don't intend to operate.

hmm like last time????????    They were accepting bookings RIGHT BEFORE THEY canceled previous cruises..   NICE TRY....... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

hmm like last time????????    They were accepting bookings RIGHT BEFORE THEY canceled previous cruises..   NICE TRY....... 

You do know @xDisconnections has his/her tongue firmly in cheek with these posts, right?  They were a strident pessimist/realist for the longest time with various snide yet accurate remarks about Carnival, but I think they changed tack for personal amusement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 7:43 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

While I share your enthusiasm (and I also note that xD had tongue firmly in cheek), the vaccines have not been issued widespread enough for any effectiveness in reducing case.  The drop in caseload is probably because the big spikes triggered by US Thanksgiving through New Year's Day have cycled through, and now we've just returned to the numbers from late-October or mid-November (nationally vs FL, for example).  And death rates are still high, because they always lag new cases (both as a natural result of you have to get a case before you die from it, and because death reports are not as timely as new cases).

 

I suspect by the end of March we'll start to see actual headway form vaccinations.

Agreed.  And where we live the COVID cases dropped big time over the past week simply due to one thing:  WINTER STORMS - or make that TWO things.  People couldn't get anywhere to be tested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...