New cancelations including May cruises?

NewKansasKruiser

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Just checked... I only see one cruise for May -- May 27 out of Jacksonville FL.  None of the other previous May cruises show.

So that looks like my May 8th cruise has been cancelled. 

And with the Jacksonville cruise, you can’t to room selection!! 

10 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You do know @xDisconnections has his/her tongue firmly in cheek with these posts, right?  They were a strident pessimist/realist for the longest time with various snide yet accurate remarks about Carnival, but I think they changed tack for personal amusement.

No idea what you're talking about

The requirements of the CDC Framework for returning to cruises has extensive port operations requirements for health care and transportation.  We have already see cruise lines plan the first cruises to be at large volume ports in Florida.  So it's not surprising to me if they are canceling Galveston or New Orleans cruises for May - zero chance they will have ports with a single ship ready to go at the beginning.  Miami, Port Canaveral, Port Everglades are the likely first ports to go operational when ready. Also watch for those test cruises and news of staffing up on selected ships.  Those are the key milestones to see next. After the test cruise, the cruise line can submit the request to start cruising and that must be submitted 60 days prior to the planned first sail date. So we really have a 3 month time line including the month of a test cruise.  This is per ship! For a cruise to take place in May, we need to see a test cruise for that ship in March.  Rumors flying that the CDC will finally issue all the remaining detailed requirements so cruise lines can make arrangements and schedule test cruises. Let's hope.

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

After the test cruise, the cruise line can submit the request to start cruising and that must be submitted 60 days prior to the planned first sail date.

Is the 60 days you are referring to the federal court required notification of environmental compliance? If so, I believe that was reduced to 30 days.

"...the Company shall submit to the Interested Parties, 1 CAM, and TPA , no less than 30 days in advance of each Covered Vessel’s planned entry to U.S.Waters, a certification signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer as to the status of the items listed below from the Company’s Pause Priorities Plan for such Covered Vessel"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8yaw9lc8euaxwc/207.pdf?dl=0

Bottom of page 1 and top of page 2 is the above quote.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

For those that like official Press Releases:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-extends-pause-us-through-may-2021

I am not surprised, at this stage - we've heard nothing of test cruises, and the general state of things is such that we are not likely to be cruising within a couple of months COVID-free.

I wonder whether everyone (CDC and cruise lines, possibly as a group decision together or just independently all coming to the same conclusion looking at the same data) has decided to just wait until an approximation of herd immunity is attained, rather than jumping through costly and possibly pointless hoops to get cruising while still under the cloud of COVID-19?

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Is the 60 days you are referring to the federal court required notification of environmental compliance? If so, I believe that was reduced to 30 days.

"...the Company shall submit to the Interested Parties, 1 CAM, and TPA , no less than 30 days in advance of each Covered Vessel’s planned entry to U.S.Waters, a certification signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer as to the status of the items listed below from the Company’s Pause Priorities Plan for such Covered Vessel"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8yaw9lc8euaxwc/207.pdf?dl=0

Bottom of page 1 and top of page 2 is the above quote.

No... it's in the CDC Framework. Lines must submit an application for a Conditional Sailing Permit at least 60 days prior to first planned sailing. It must show compliance to all conditions of the framework - onboard, and in port, with details of planned sailings, compliance to the crew safety requirements, and include a copy of the USCG Inspection valid for the last 6 months. And that is after conducting the test cruise and filing a report on that.

49 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I wonder whether everyone (CDC and cruise lines, possibly as a group decision together or just independently all coming to the same conclusion looking at the same data) has decided to just wait until an approximation of herd immunity is attained, rather than jumping through costly and possibly pointless hoops to get cruising while still under the cloud of COVID-19?

Royal's CEO Richard Fain has basically said this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Royal's CEO Richard Fain has basically said this.

It seems to me if they required pax to be vaccinated, the risk of a Covid outbreak would be minimal. But I guess it's possible some new variant that the vaccine was rather ineffective against could pop up.