I've Had Enough !!!

baldilocks

14 minutes ago, flamingos said:

No one said masks were bad, what they said was that surgical masks are in short supply and front-line health care people should have priority.  Once hand-made cloth masks came out, they said that those were what was needed for protection for regular people.

Dr. Fauci on March 8, 2020, 

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Dr. Fauci on March 8, 2020, 

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

So BIG DEAL! Everyone in the world knows he said that. At the time neither he, or anyone else knew what the problem would grow into. Guidelines have changed through the whole pandemic and still are changing as needed

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

So BIG DEAL! Everyone in the world knows he said that. At the time neither he, or anyone else knew what the problem would grow into. Guidelines have changed through the whole pandemic and still are changing as needed

Thank you for further emphasising my point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I think the majority of people here are pro vaccination for everyone, not just one group of people. 

And your point is?  I'm not saying people are anti-vax or that I am or anything.  I'm just wondering why folks think that because vaccines are becoming very available in the US, that crew will be vaccinated just as quickly, when coming from countries with far less economic power and infrastructure.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

And your point is?  I'm not saying people are anti-vax or that I am or anything.  I'm just wondering why folks think that because vaccines are becoming very available in the US, that crew will be vaccinated just as quickly, when coming from countries with far less economic power and infrastructure.

It'll get sorted, there's time. Let's get society back up and running and cruising will follow. 

19 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We will getting our second Moderna shots on March 5th....we hope. We are willing to wear our masks and keep social distancing when we are out....but not forever. We have been listening to the news and several well respected, well known doctors of virology stated that the USA will reach herd immunity around the end of April....even with the new strains. They also said that all schools should open immediately. Those doctors were verbally attacked by the news media, the teacher's union and the politicians. The 'polys' want to keep us down until Christmas 2021 or longer. I believe the doctors.

I cannot for the life of me see why cruising should not begin by August 2021. That should give the cruise lines enough time to get their crews on board, have them vaccinated and do a couple of test cruises and determine open destinations.. If they are held back, it is a political move...not science speaking. As a stockholder in Royal, I would expect Royal to protest to the the highest level....the news media about their situation. 

As for us, no masks after April. We want to get back to normal living....not being treated like animals in a zoo.

Dr.Fauci stated today that mask wearing will continue into 2022.

13 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Aren't most from China, India and the Philippines?  Those countries will all have one form of vaccine or another.  India, which is a big produce of the vaccines, has helped out Caribbean nations

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article249351155.html

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

He didn't say that.  He said it's possible,. but also said it's possible we're back to near normal by then.

You are correct. A friend called me earlier today and said that Dr.Fauci stated masks will be worn in 2022.I should have fact checked before posting.

36 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Aren't most from China, India and the Philippines?  Those countries will all have one form of vaccine or another.  India, which is a big produce of the vaccines, has helped out Caribbean nations

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article249351155.html

Indonesia, a major source of cruise ship crew has vaccinated 0.7% of the population to date, and the Philippines has only just received it's first shipment of just over 100k doses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Those people are also employed by companies that have plenty of resources. Don't you think that as vaccines become more available the cruise lines could take care if vaccinating their employees? It would seem like a smart investment to help ensure another shutdown doesn't occur and help people feel safe getting into a ship.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't need the news or world renowned doctors to tell me that herd immunity will happen in April. All I have to do is turn to my friends and family who were part of the first vaccine group who still can't get appointments to know that herd immunity is impossible to happen by April. My 88 yr old mother was admitted to the hospital today due to difficulty in breathing and fever. Thank God she tested negative for Covid. Hopefully she will be able to get the vaccine while she is in the hospital. We don't have a diagnosis yet so who knows what will happen.

I hope your Mom will be ok. 

Same here in PA I know lots of family and neighbors that are eligible but not enough vaccine is available yet.  

I say operation warp speed failed in many ways across the US.

We are hearing large deliveries of vaccine are due in March.

I'm at the bottom of the eligibility list and hearing probably by July category for my category.  My Dh is eligible now but since he just recovered from covid, he is told to wait at least 30 days before getting.  which is fine since we dont have anywhere to go to get it where I live in PA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dr.Fauci stated today that mask wearing will continue into 2022.

Mask wearing will continue forever this will never go away you know. There will be half a million deaths ever year from this in USA and 100k in UK. Masks will be on cruise ships forever to avoid lawsuits if nothing else.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Mask wearing will continue forever this will never go away you know. There will be half a million deaths ever year from this in USA and 100k in UK. Masks will be on cruise ships forever to avoid lawsuits if nothing else.

Welcome back, Ace.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I say operation warp speed failed in many ways across the US.

Yet the UK have done an amazing job on the vaccination front. Far superior to what was expected. So much so that Boris Johnson is now the hero of the piece again with a poll lead over labour (over whom he has a record majority of seats now) which if an election was held today might mean he gets an even higher record majority.

58 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Everyone needs to simmer down. End is clearly in sight and no one is arguing that. Here are latest US numbers and world is not far behind.

8F8AD776-DE34-4AD9-9EC7-FD5D847EDF23.jpeg

That’s not a good sign for those still trying to take advantage of the crisis and keep everyone locked down regardless.  One thing is for sure, we’re another day closer to the end. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So what are your destinations on your cruise?  Why you all of the other countries open up their ports to visitors when their population hasn't been vaccinated.

BTW science isn't absolute.  Science is making the best educated guess based on all of the available data.  The guesses from the scientists today will be different tomorrow because there will be more data.  If I'm in charge of a poor Caribbean island, I'm not sure I open up my island to visitors before I can vaccinate the vulnerable population on my island.

And that must be a tough decision wherever tourist dollars feed many families. Heartbreaking.

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yet Johns Hopkins very well known medical establishment world renowned in fact says this pandemic "will end by april". Facui does not.

Huh.  And I thought it was a professor at Johns Hopkins who offered the opinion that the coronavirus would be ‘mostly gone’ by April.  Evidently, I misunderstood.

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Welcome back, Ace.

22 months ago somebody lied about having Noro to board the NCL pearl. The effect was devastating on the transatlantic crossing. And NCL lied through their teeth about what was happening onboard. They conducted irish immigration checks in the spinnaker lounge during the middle of the outbreak.  No wonder if spread the way it did. There was also no hand cleansing offered at the initial boarding. They could have handled that very differently imho

If masks are the only way to stop Covid spread on a ship they will do it forever.

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Huh.  And I thought it was a professor at Johns Hopkins who offered the opinion that the coronavirus would be ‘mostly gone’ by April.  Evidently, I misunderstood.

Apparently Facui DOES NOT agree with that statement. Though Hopkins who have done a very good job tracking cases appear to. Interesting.

17 hours ago, baldilocks said:

COVID Testing has gotten more accurate in the last few months. The quick tests still seem to have a way to go though.

An interesting article I read several week ago about predicting the mortality of COVID. When a patient is brought in with COVID, the doctors would do a blood panel. There were seven things they looked at. The more of the seven things that were out of balance. The more likely the patient was in trouble. The doctors stated if all seven things were out of whack, there was a 70% chance of a fatality.

Yes this is true.  My Dh is an organ transplant recipient and I had to call 911 as he was having some kind of seizure, at first I thought he was having a stroke after dinner.  He couldn't talk, couldnt sit up, kept flopping on his side on sofa.  Very scary to see.  Went to Er and he had covid.   Doc said his blood work was "all over the place"  reviewed numbers with me as I know his normal ranges since he has to get labs done on a regular basis.  He was way out of whack.

They decided he was a perfect candidate for monoclonal antibodies (same treatment trump got last october).   He responded very well and within 2 or 3 days his labs were all back to normal range and he was sent home the next day.  

The treatments they are using nowadays are helpful for most people.  

My SIL that is a charge nurse at ICU still has to intubate some patients as they just have no choice sometimes.

I have 8 future cruises booked and ready to get sailing as soon as we can.  I have had 12 cruises cancelled so far and know our May sailing  will be on the butcher block soon.   

• Like 1

Fauci no longer has any credibility IMO.  He’s been studying viruses for almost 40 yrs.  He knows better to be flip flopping on mask wearing.  

The big problem I see with mask wearing is either ppl I see aren’t even wearing a N95, don’t wear one properly, and probably don’t even change out frequently either.   Mostly symbolic wearing is what I see.  

Fresh air is a good thing.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We will getting our second Moderna shots on March 5th....we hope. We are willing to wear our masks and keep social distancing when we are out....but not forever. We have been listening to the news and several well respected, well known doctors of virology stated that the USA will reach herd immunity around the end of April....even with the new strains. They also said that all schools should open immediately. Those doctors were verbally attacked by the news media, the teacher's union and the politicians. The 'polys' want to keep us down until Christmas 2021 or longer. I believe the doctors.

I cannot for the life of me see why cruising should not begin by August 2021. That should give the cruise lines enough time to get their crews on board, have them vaccinated and do a couple of test cruises and determine open destinations.. If they are held back, it is a political move...not science speaking. As a stockholder in Royal, I would expect Royal to protest to the the highest level....the news media about their situation. 

As for us, no masks after April. We want to get back to normal living....not being treated like animals in a zoo.

We are getting our 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow....we are done with masks.  If required on a cruise we will not be going....