I've Had Enough !!!

baldilocks

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yet the UK have done an amazing job on the vaccination front. Far superior to what was expected. So much so that Boris Johnson is now the hero of the piece again with a poll lead over labour (over whom he has a record majority of seats now) which if an election was held today might mean he gets an even higher record majority.

Israel is doing an amazing job with their vaccination program that is also monitoring the results and antibodies of those vaccinated.  Kudos to Israel!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those people are also employed by companies that have plenty of resources. Don't you think that as vaccines become more available the cruise lines could take care if vaccinating their employees? It would seem like a smart investment to help ensure another shutdown doesn't occur and help people feel safe getting into a ship.

How soon do you think it will be before the vaccines are available to other than governments?

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Dr. Fauci on March 8, 2020, 

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

Thanks! And the next sentence?

"LaPook: And can you get some schmutz, sort of staying inside there?

Fauci: Of course, of course. But, when you think masks, you should think of health care providers needing them and people who are ill. The people who, when you look at the films of foreign countries and you see 85% of the people wearing masks — that’s fine, that’s fine. I’m not against it. If you want to do it, that’s fine.

LaPook: But it can lead to a shortage of masks?

Fauci: Exactly, that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it."

That was March 8.  On April 3, the CDC put out new guidance, and has been consistent since then.  https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/outdated-fauci-video-on-face-masks-shared-out-of-context/

Something is definitely happening.  Exactly what remains to be seen.  The vaccine will definitely help those at risk.  

Ppl crossing the southern USA border illegally are being released into the country every day without CV testing while Americans have to provide a negative test to re-enter by airplane.  It doesn’t make sense.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

And that's why I say it will not be as simple as most here on CC believe to get the crew vaccinated.

I understand your point. I just don't think restarting cruising with non vaccinated crew will be an option for quite some time. And if it does happen in the near future I think the on board experience need to be way too restrictive to help keep the environment safe and ports of call will be less likely to open to those ships.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

How soon do you think it will be before the vaccines are available to other than governments?

I think it depends upon the country in question. In UK I think NEVER will be the answer. The UK Government seems determined to keep it out of so called profit hands/private sector - NHS provides vaccination for no charge though NHS is funded through taxes - A stance which will mean people I believe have to take the vaccine they are given and like it.

In other countries like USA perhaps money will talk? After all why have Ford got those big fridges for storage of vaccine as reported before Christmas? Unless they think they can get their hands on supply for their operation what would be the point?

9 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

And that's why I say it will not be as simple as most here on CC believe to get the crew vaccinated.

Exactly.  I have been saying this for awhile now.  Also, my concern is the vaccine they receive such as the one made in china is said to be only 50% effective and no idea if that will work with the new variants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

BUN= Blood Urea Nitrogen. One if the tests we look at to ascertain kidney function, volume depletion, upper GI tract bleeding, etc.

Is that test in wide use for treating CV patients properly?  Seems as those it should be from my brief research. 

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I think it depends upon the country in question. In UK I think NEVER will be the answer. The UK Government seems determined to keep it out of so called profit hands/private sector - NHS provides vaccination for no charge though NHS is funded through taxes - A stance which will mean people I believe have to take the vaccine they are given and like it.

In other countries like USA perhaps money will talk? After all why have Ford got those big fridges for storage of vaccine as reported before Christmas? Unless they think they can get their hands on supply for their operation what would be the point?

Think about the countries where the majority of crew live.  Not the uk or us. 

2 minutes ago, atgood said:

Is that test in wide use for treating CV patients properly?  Seems as those it should be from my brief research. 

Yes, it is a standard, readily available, test that we have used for years in taking care of patients.

10 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

You seem to be the only one bringing up the crew over and over in this thread. You even said everyone says the crew should get vaccinated. Btw I never one time ever said that. I cant speak for others. I do get you were crew and that's why you are so concerned.

If all pax are vaccinated to me if the crew is or isnt, I would personally feel safe. It wouldn't surprise me if cruiselines by the time we resume can even buy doses. USA donated $6b? toward worldwide vaccinations, I'm sure more coming. If the crew has to be vaccinated then the lines will pay for it, quit worrying. The end is in sight. 

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Think about the countries where the majority of crew live.  Not the uk or us. 

And what of the political decision to allow companies like Royal to buy vaccine when people in those countries who do not work for Royal may not be vaccinated until 2022.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

There have been few studies on the percentage of asymptomatic cases but it seems to be around 25%.  What percentage of US citizens have no access to medical care when they do get sick?

All 'citizens' have some form of access😉

21 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We will getting our second Moderna shots on March 5th....we hope. We are willing to wear our masks and keep social distancing when we are out....but not forever. We have been listening to the news and several well respected, well known doctors of virology stated that the USA will reach herd immunity around the end of April....even with the new strains. They also said that all schools should open immediately. Those doctors were verbally attacked by the news media, the teacher's union and the politicians. The 'polys' want to keep us down until Christmas 2021 or longer. I believe the doctors.

I cannot for the life of me see why cruising should not begin by August 2021. That should give the cruise lines enough time to get their crews on board, have them vaccinated and do a couple of test cruises and determine open destinations.. If they are held back, it is a political move...not science speaking. As a stockholder in Royal, I would expect Royal to protest to the the highest level....the news media about their situation. 

As for us, no masks after April. We want to get back to normal living....not being treated like animals in a zoo.

OMGG.  Thanks for this.  You hit this one out of the ballpark. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And what of the political decision to allow companies like Royal to buy vaccine when people in those countries who do not work for Royal may not be vaccinated until 2022.

The politicians do not control the vaccines, the manufacturers such as pfizer and moderna sell them.   Currently, I suspect their orders are from many different countries not individual businesses.

6 hours ago, cured said:

Unfortunately, as more knowledge is gained about Covid, vitamin D has been shown to be far less effective than previously thought.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/02/vitamin-d-not-effective-moderate-severe-covid-study-finds

The study to me is akin to two person lounging on the deck of a ship in the Caribbean on a sunny day. An hour later the girl puts on sunscreen as she feels hot while the guy spritz on water to cool himself. They might enjoy their dinner at Izumi’s, but by the time for The Quest they will feel the sunburn. If only they had put on sunscreen before they went lounging, the protection might have been different. There are different studies saying different things about vitamin d on whether it helps or not.  But I’m 100% sure it doesn’t hurt to take it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You seem to be the only one bringing up the crew over and over in this thread. You even said everyone says the crew should get vaccinated. Btw I never one time ever said that. I cant speak for others. I do get you were crew and that's why you are so concerned.

If all pax are vaccinated to me if the crew is or isnt, I would personally feel safe

I feel sorry for the crew who would be infected by the passengers (who seemingly don't care about the welfare of others as long as they can cruise) in this hypothetical. 

28 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I did not know that my comment would start WWIII. Best wishes and an air hug to Missusdubbya.

Bound to happen, everyone is passionate in some way about this. Not the worst thread we've seen so don't worry about it 😀

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I feel sorry for the crew who would be infected by the passengers (who seemingly don't care about the welfare of others as long as they can cruise) in this hypothetical. 

Bound to happen, everyone is passionate in some way about this. Not the worst thread we've seen so don't worry about it 😀

You left out that by then I suspect there will be a way for the cruiselines to buy some doses. 

If I'm protected I wouldnt be passing it on. I havent seen studies proving this to be true. I have read it's possible, but have not seen the documentation. I get it, some people cant stand positive news. And want to take this thread negative. Personally, I'm close to hibernation, except grocery stores and I always wear my mask. I social distance. If the crew is or isnt vaccinated would they be if they stayed home? 

If ocean boy says I can pass it on if I'm vaccinated I'd believe him, as he is a doctor. I have only seen theoretical. That it's possible but unproven. If he says there is solid proof I'll believe ocean boy. 

I think I'm just a optimist that things will work out eventually,  not that I'm going to be exposed to covid as I keep away from crowds. You dont know me. But i just think things will improve as they already are. Being negative al, the time doesnt help anyone.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

You left out that by then I suspect there will be a way for the cruiselines to buy some doses. 

If I'm protected I wouldnt be passing it on. I havent seen studies proving this to be true. I have read it's possible, but have not seen the documentation. I get it, some people cant stand positive news. And want to take this thread negative. Personally, I'm close to hibernation, except grocery stores and I always wear my mask. I social distance. If the crew is or isnt vaccinated would they be if they stayed home? 

If ocean boy says I can pass it on if I'm vaccinated I'd believe him, as he is a doctor. I have only seen theoretical. That it's possible but unproven. If he says there is solid proof I'll believe ocean boy. 

There is not a vaccine on the market that offers 100% reduction in spread “from” or “to” an individual. The purpose of a vaccine is to greatly reduce viral load for spreading, and to greatly increase resistance to spread. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There is not a vaccine on the market that offers 100% reduction in spread “from” or “to” an individual. The purpose of a vaccine is to greatly reduce viral load for spreading, and to greatly increase resistance to spread. 

Of course, but I also know I'm careful. Dont appreciate being told I dont care about crew when I say usa is contributing money worldwide to doses and maybe the cruiseline will pay for it.

I just think this will eventually work out. Personally I'm careful and follow the rules. On a cruise I avoid crowds before this. I'm often alone watching the wake or reading in a corner. 

I've also seen where if you are vaccinated you get covid less. ..they think. There will be a lot more known by this fall when possibly at the earliest cruises resume. I'm careful and believe me I do my part. Let things work out for 2021. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

It's not simple in New York. Getting an appointment is like winning the Lottery. A customer gave me a phone number to call. Reservations are open 7 days a week 7am to 10pm. I called and got an appointment for April 13th. A week later I gave the phone number to some friends. They both got appointments for the next day. Today another couple I'm friends with called.  The wife got an appointment for tomorrow and the husband got an appointment for March 20th. All of them have appointments before me. Fortunately I am now getting the vaccine through work on Friday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1