Is switching rooms without rebooking possible

We are booked on the NCL Escape for April 2022 and I just noticed our bed is by the balcony.  We would rather have the sofa by the balcony.  Does anyone know if it is possible to switch to the room next door (it is available) without having to rebook?  The price currently is double what we paid and we also don't want to lose any of our perks.

Thanks for your help.

We have switched rooms many times without extra cost as long as the new room is in the same category.  We prefer rooms with the bed by the balcony, it just seems like they have more usable space and its easier to access the closet.  The Escape was our last cruise in January 2020 before all the craziness started.  We loved it!

we've also done it numerous times, as long as it's before the final payment. we've switched from a 2 bedroom suite to a 2 bedroom haven suite, we've switched from starboard to port, as long as its the same category

Done it also, just got moved to the new room (obviously same category), over the phone with NCL. got a new email confirmation within minutes showing new location.  But I do not remember if the price from original to making change was the same, ?  but never seemed to be a problem,

On 2/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, WeLuv2TravelAlot said:

We are booked on the NCL Escape for April 2022 and I just noticed our bed is by the balcony.  We would rather have the sofa by the balcony.  Does anyone know if it is possible to switch to the room next door (it is available) without having to rebook?  The price currently is double what we paid and we also don't want to lose any of our perks.

Thanks for your help.

Just out of curiosity how did you figure out the layout of the cabin.                                    BTW you can change cabins with no issue.  We have done it several times before.

4 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

Just out of curiosity how did you figure out the layout of the cabin.

On Escape, a standard balcony or Club balcony that sleeps 4 will have the bed near the balcony. There are some "sleeps 3" that also have the bed near the balcony (no pullman) but most of the "sleeps 3" are bed near closet. 

17 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

Just out of curiosity how did you figure out the layout of the cabin.                                    BTW you can change cabins with no issue.  We have done it several times before.

Using one of the many search engines i.e. Google for one Search:

NCL (ship name) xxxxx (cabin number) 

What probably will pop up is a stock photo of the cabin or one similar -

Then there is a chance that someone who has been in that cabin has

posted photos of it -

You could go to one of the DeckPlans sites or one NCL uses:

Norwegian Escape Deck Plans, Diagrams, Pictures, Video (cruisedeckplans.com)

Click on the deck of your interest - - -

Scan for the location and cabin of your interest - - -

If you just click on a cabin number you will get a generic stock description. 

If there is a small camera icon - click on that for generic photos of that cabin

If there is a YouTube video icon - a video clip of the cabin can be played

Finding your exact cabin - No icons images to view -

look for an adjacent one or one on the other side of the ship -

still nothing scan a few cabins away forward aft -

find something then the cabins in that section are similar but alternating

mirror images (two cabins next to each other the bed headboards are facing

the same common wall).

In this case you are looking for beds near the balcony with the convertible

couch bed near the bathroom and entrance door.

Cabins in the most case are on a cookie cutter diagram - the same format

through out the ship only thing changing is reversing (mirror) the layout. 

Using all the resources available you should be able to get a good idea of the

cabin layout and features. The ESCAPE is large ship with multiple decks -

not finding something on one deck look on another. Also while using a

deck plan look for what is above and below you and all around you for a

quiet less noisy convenient location to activities of interest to you. 

Thank yo Don’t-Use_Real_Name. I have found the perfect cabin on getaway and Breakaway so i just keep booking that one.hopefully they want switch anything up. I too like the sofa by the balcony. After not cruising in a year i would like any cabin.lol

im not sure if it's only the luck of the draw, but  any cruise ive booked with ncl (18) since 2010, the sofa has always been by the balcony. any mini suites we've ever booked the sofa was by the balcony

a few years ago we booked adjoining forward facing penthouse suites on the star and even those had the sofa by the balcony. we've booked suites on the getaway with a separate bedroom, and the sofa in the front room was by the balcony, and even in 2 bedroom suites, our sofa has always been by the balcony.

just lucky i guess

On 2/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, WeLuv2TravelAlot said:

Thanks for your help.

I have done it many times. It should not be an issue as long as you don't switch cabin categories.

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

I have done it many times. It should not be an issue as long as you don't switch cabin categories.

@zqvol I appreciate your input here... I've booked an HI on BA (as a solo) but the price has increased by abt 2K, so would they still be willing to change my stateroom without changing the price of my stateroom?   I'm just wondering since I wouldn't mind being in a more forward cabin.

BTW, final payment is Jan. 2022. 

TIA

Cheers

On 2/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, WeLuv2TravelAlot said:

Thanks for your help.

I know this is not NCL but I switched my cabin on Allure of the Seas from deck 14 down to deck 10 (same balcony category & before final payment) to avoid any potential noise coming from the pool deck above (dragging deck chairs, etc). Just took a quick phone call to RCL.