Cruise Port hotels Miami

maggienc17

There is a board here for that:  Florida Departures, under North American Homeports.  EM

i have used a number of hotels with free shuttle from the airport, but never a free shuttle to the port.  

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, maggienc17 said:

I am interested in finding the best cruise port hotels in Miami, preferably those that provide free shuttle from airport to hotel and or from hotel to port.  I am particularly interested in the Marriott Bonvoy brand.  Thank you

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Even pre-virus, most downtown hotels did not offer airport shuttles.  The only hotels offering both airport and port shuttles are a few out near the airport - fine if you are arriving late and just want a bed, but you'll see nothing of Miami and except for the weather might as well be in Cleveland.

There are a number of Marriott properties scattered around Miami, including a few near the MIA airport.  Look at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay (next door to the Doubletree) with some rooms offering a view of the port - a great view to wake up to when starting a cruise!  There are nearby dining options as well as drug and convenience stores for any last minute items. Taxi to this hotel from MIA will run about $30+ or you can use Uber or Lyft for about $20.  Under $10 should get you an Uber/Lyft to the port the next day.  If you choose to fly into FLL then use Uber/Lyft to your hotel for about $35+ (cab will be $75+ on the same FLL to downtown Miami run).

Have a great cruise! 😃

• Like 1

We prefer to stay near the port (Intercontinental) with a bay view room .... over looking the port. Love to see the ship at the dock in the morning. 

While we find Miami cabs are a bit less than good we use them from airport to hotel and then to ship in the morning. But on return we want an upscale ride to the airport and use CATA car service. Don’t want to break the spell of a great vacation.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, Noxequifans said:

We prefer to stay near the port (Intercontinental) with a bay view room .... over looking the port. Love to see the ship at the dock in the morning. 

While we find Miami cabs are a bit less than good we use them from airport to hotel and then to ship in the morning. But on return we want an upscale ride to the airport and use CATA car service. Don’t want to break the spell of a great vacation.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn recently which is just down the road from Intercontinental...right across from Bayside Market. The difference in price between a taxi and uber was HUGE...Uber was $16 a taxi was $60....

19 hours ago, richbum said:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn recently which is just down the road from Intercontinental...right across from Bayside Market. The difference in price between a taxi and uber was HUGE...Uber was $16 a taxi was $60....

From where to where? 🤔

$16 from Holiday Inn to the port sounds high - should have been about $10 or less

$60 from Holiday in to the port is a rip off!

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

From where to where? 🤔

$16 from Holiday Inn to the port sounds high - should have been about $10 or less

$60 from Holiday in to the port is a rip off!

I'm sorry...I meant from the airport to the Holiday Inn....My bad. 

2 hours ago, richbum said:

I'm sorry...I meant from the airport to the Holiday Inn....My bad. 

MIA to Holliday in should have been about $30+ in a taxi, not the $60 you were quoted - which is why I have just about given up on cabs and switched to Lyft and Uber.

30 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

MIA to Holliday in should have been about $30+ in a taxi, not the $60 you were quoted - which is why I have just about given up on cabs and switched to Lyft and Uber.

We were sitting outside the airport ordering an uber last month when a taxi driver asked if we wanted a ride...Hubby asked how much to Holiday Inn POM...the driver said $60....we said no thanks...My friend who lives in Miami said that taxi drivers like to screw tourists...I had never used an uber before that trip coming from a small town...but we had a great experience with them...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richbum said:

We were sitting outside the airport ordering an uber last month when a taxi driver asked if we wanted a ride...Hubby asked how much to Holiday Inn POM...the driver said $60....we said no thanks...My friend who lives in Miami said that taxi drivers like to screw tourists...I had never used an uber before that trip coming from a small town...but we had a great experience with them...

If it was an honest cab driveer, the fare on the meter would have been about $30+

Glad you had a good Uber experience - after too many bad cab experiences (especially the crooks in Philly! 🤒), I have just about given up on taxis.

21 hours ago, richbum said:

30 plus years cruising from Miami, I have never paid a fare to the port. Where we live 4hrs away, we go down the day before. Always stay at the La Quinta on LeJeune. Flying in, they will pick you up at the airport. Cruise day, they take you to the port. Once at the hotel, they have a company that picks you up at the port and takes you to the airport or back to the hotel. Where we drive in, we park our car for free. The fee back is like $20. 

I would  stay downtown and just pay to  Uber to the port.

I would not stay at  some airport Days  Inn for a free shuttle.  I'd hate to be  in Miami and be stuck out at the airport.   It's' a dismal area.  Pawn shops and strip  clubs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Increasingly it seems to me that the “free shuttle” is not a draw. Too often there is a long wait followed by a long ride - when traveling for pleasure, give yourself a break and Uber or Lyft .

My opinion as well.  For example at Port Everglades, if one is not in an early disembarkation group, I have seen people waiting for a shuttle to hotel (?), parking facility (?), wherever while I am getting into a taxi or on my way to the parking garage at the Port.  

Just booked a holiday cruise for 2021 and thinking we should come in the night before.  Looking for a clean and reputable place to stay.  Will need transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to port, port to hotel and finally hotel to airport.  DH says Uber reviews are not very good.  Any info or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  

12 hours ago, imola said:

Just booked a holiday cruise for 2021 and thinking we should come in the night before.  Looking for a clean and reputable place to stay.  Will need transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to port, port to hotel and finally hotel to airport.  DH says Uber reviews are not very good.  Any info or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  

Read post #6 

Are you flying into FLL or MIA? 

If FLL and your DH does not like Uber (where did he read Uber reviews?) there are several shared shuttles that will get you to POM for about $15 per person - check SAS, QLS, MJS and GO Airport.  Same ones will get you back to FLL after the cruise.

If you are flying into MIA then  your transport options are Uber, Lyft or taxis.  Cab fare to downtown hotels will run about $30+ on the meter (Uber should be under $20).  If DH is still worried about bad reviews, wait until he checks the reviews of Miami taxis! 😲

Dates, budget and who is cruising will help the hotel suggestions to be closer to your target.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:54 AM, JohninDC said:

Read post #6 

Are you flying into FLL or MIA? 

If FLL and your DH does not like Uber (where did he read Uber reviews?) there are several shared shuttles that will get you to POM for about $15 per person - check SAS, QLS, MJS and GO Airport.  Same ones will get you back to FLL after the cruise.

If you are flying into MIA then  your transport options are Uber, Lyft or taxis.  Cab fare to downtown hotels will run about $30+ on the meter (Uber should be under $20).  If DH is still worried about bad reviews, wait until he checks the reviews of Miami taxis! 😲

Dates, budget and who is cruising will help the hotel suggestions to be closer to your target.

Thank you for your reply.  DH read reviews online somewhere.  There will be just the two of us traveling together.  We are mid 70's in age.  Don't need the party life.  Decent hotel with a view, a nice place for dinner and easy to get to port from.  Looking at staying upon return for one more night.  I will look at both airports for best flights and transportation available.  

13 hours ago, imola said:

Thank you for your reply.  DH read reviews online somewhere.  There will be just the two of us traveling together.  We are mid 70's in age.  Don't need the party life.  Decent hotel with a view, a nice place for dinner and easy to get to port from.  Looking at staying upon return for one more night.  I will look at both airports for best flights and transportation available.  

Doubletree Biscayne or the next door Marriott in Miami should be perfect for you two.  Some rooms offer a view of the port, several nearby dining and shopping options, and a quick ride to the port in the morning.  Have a great cruise! 😎

On 3/15/2021 at 4:30 AM, JohninDC said:

Doubletree Biscayne or the next door Marriott in Miami should be perfect for you two.  Some rooms offer a view of the port, several nearby dining and shopping options, and a quick ride to the port in the morning.  Have a great cruise! 😎