Good News / Good Progress towards back to Cruising....

NavyCruiser

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

I think perhaps @firefly333 read vacation timeline instead of vaccination timeline?

Yes but I thought subject was good news toward cruising. I agree both countries have lots of good news. Here good news is being underplayed. 

I do agree with all the new vaccines that time line will be before sept for adults. Perhaps in 6 months they will also do a emergency approval for children. Maybe 12 and older first as the first trials are for that age.

But ok I saw what you said about getting vaccines earlier but maybe went off on a tangent that it wouldnt help cruising restart. Cdc here doesnt care. Sorry. Yes I went off on a tangent. Congrats to canada. At least you all will be safe sooner. 

More Good News/Progress towards cruising again: 

1. Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent:

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-lifts-mask-mandate-opens-texas-100-percent

2.  Register for COVID-19 Vaccine | Harris County Public Health. (HOUSTON)  This vaccine can be provided to individuals 18+ years of age. (Note that individuals vaccinated at the NRG Park site will receive the Pfizer vaccine. Learn more ...

https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus/Register-for-COVID-19-Vaccine

3.  Royal Caribbean will offer 'fully vaccinated' cruise with sailings starting in Israel,  in May

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/03/01/royal-caribbean-offer-fully-vaccinated-sailing-new-cruise-ship/6871142002/

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, ontheweb said:

Wishing you in Canada good luck with that. Isn't the Astra Zeneca the vaccine that seems to be prevalent in the UK? Odd that it is not even in the trial stage in the USA.

It is in the post-trial stage, actually, with results due out shortly, based on the timeline presented here, from early Feb:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-usa/astrazeneca-expects-u-s-trial-results-in-next-4-6-weeks-research-chief-says-idUSKBN2A51U3

But has some issues in how the trial was conducted, apparently.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/fda-could-reject-astra-zeneca-s-covid-vaccine-efficacy-and-manufacturing-shortfalls-analyst

Our Provincial govt announcement yesterday states that everyone in Alberta should have thier first shot by end of June if supply is not interrupted and is delivered on time.  However they are moving to a 4 month wait between 1st and 2nd shots so full immunization probably wont be until Oct-Nov still.  Will take it regardless.

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Our Provincial govt announcement yesterday states that everyone in Alberta should have thier first shot by end of June if supply is not interrupted and is delivered on time.  However they are moving to a 4 month wait between 1st and 2nd shots so full immunization probably wont be until Oct-Nov still.  Will take it regardless.

I thought the shots had to be like only 3 weeks apart to be effective?

45 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I thought the shots had to be like only 3 weeks apart to be effective?

No the 3 week guideline was the minimum wait time before the next recommended dose.  They had extended the second dose out to 3 months but with new research they say it can be extended out to 4 months between shots.  This will ensure maximum coverage in short period of time vs allocating supplies to second doses first and delaying rollout to next stage if there is a shortage of supply.  (So the Science Says 😬)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

No the 3 week guideline was the minimum wait time before the next recommended dose.  They had extended the second dose out to 3 months but with new research they say it can be extended out to 4 months between shots.  This will ensure maximum coverage in short period of time vs allocating supplies to second doses first and delaying rollout to next stage if there is a shortage of supply.  (So the Science Says 😬)

3 weeks is the minimum guideline for the Pfizer vaccine; 4 weeks is the minimum guideline for the Moderna vaccine.

We have now had both our Moderna shots. The second was scheduled 4 weeks from the first, but due to non-delivery caused by weather it ended up being rescheduled another 10 days later.

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Cruises from England look set for a possible May 17 restart, maritime minister Robert Courts revealed last night.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5936/

Domestic cruises only - i.e. from an English port, to an English port, no foreign ports (not even Scotland, Wales, or NI right now, but "in discussions").

Our governor here in CA must be panicking about the recall. He just basically released the vaccine for all starting next week.

The way they are spinning it is that you simply make the appointment stating that you have a risk factor and you get your vaccine. Thing is, you do not need to provide any proof what so ever of said risk factor. No doctors note,  no health record, nada.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

There is no data of those vaccines being good or bad. Also, there is no real statistics on it what so ever. I also wonder if it was even tested. I dont want anything interfere with my DNA 

How does the vaccine interfere with your DNA?

Do you have information that the virologists do not have?

The only effect not taking the vaccine will have on DNA is that there is a segment of the population will be taking their DNA out of the gene pool for further generations due to death or, if suspicions about Covid 19  (the disease, not the vaccine) prove out, the impact on male fertility. 

• Like 1