Good News / Good Progress towards back to Cruising....

NavyCruiser

Let's get away from whether you agree, or disagree, with Gov't decisions in the above steps.  It just small incremental steps to slowly re-open our society & allow citizens to make their own personal decisions & CHOOSE what's best for them.  

These small steps will lead to bigger gains & progress to allow cruising again.

Then it's up to you to CHOOSE whether you want to go cruising, with or without masks on.

I'm sure whenever cruises starts to sail again, they'll be Millions who will disagree with people who personally CHOOSE go on a cruise. 

That's it's too early, it's still a petri dish...etc...

• Like 9

As predicted,  it even much earlier than I predicted I saw my first commercial to please get your vaccine.    Yep, demand is already plummeting.   There was even a news report today begging people to get tested as demand for testing is plummeting.   This is actually a a good sign indicating that people are not seeing a need as cases plummet.  Don’t worry they will get their vaccine when they can easily go to the neighborhood pharmacy or to their own doctor. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

As predicted,  it even much earlier than I predicted I saw my first commercial to please get your vaccine.    Yep, demand is already plummeting.   There was even a news report today begging people to get tested as demand for testing is plummeting.   This is actually a a good sign indicating that people are not seeing a need as cases plummet.  Don’t worry they will get their vaccine when they can easily go to the neighborhood pharmacy or to their own doctor. 

I don't think demand is plummeting as much as supply is increasing exponentially. 2.5 million doses were administered yesterday alone. Months ago there were discussions of media campaigns. Now that they have a decent handle on the most vulnerable in many areas they are starting their mass market campaigns. That campaign correlates to the huge increase in doses that the mfrs. have said they will be able to deliver to us 2 months earlier. 

Edited by Laminator
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Laminator said:

I don't think demand is plummeting as much as supply is increasing exponentially. 2.5 million doses were administered yesterday alone. Months ago there were discussions of media campaigns. Now that they have a decent handle on the most vulnerable in many areas they are starting their mass market campaigns. That campaign correlates to the huge increase in doses that the mfrs. have said they will be able to deliver to us 2 months earlier. 

Reports are starting to surface.  I think the people who still have active jobs are waiting until it is easier to get a vaccine.  They simply do not have time to wait in line for an hour or two nor the time to invest in the current scheduling schemes.  When it is as easy as walking into the pharmacy, like the flu vaccine, they will get theirs.  The younger crowd does not see the urgency that those of us older or with conditions have.

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Reports are starting to surface.  I think the people who still have active jobs are waiting until it is easier to get a vaccine.  They simply do not have time to wait in line for an hour or two nor the time to invest in the current scheduling schemes.  When it is as easy as walking into the pharmacy, like the flu vaccine, they will get theirs.  The younger crowd does not see the urgency that those of us older or with conditions have.

We were in and out for our vaccines in just over 20 minutes including the 15 minute wait time before leaving.

I remember our walk in flu shots at a pharmacy taking just as long if not longer, and that is with no 15 minute wait time to leave. There was a wait to get the paperwork to sign in so they could bill our insurance. Then there was filling out the paperwork. Then there was a wait until we were called in for the actual flu shots. Then we had to do the billing, even though it was zero after insurance.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We were in and out for our vaccines in just over 20 minutes including the 15 minute wait time before leaving.

I remember our walk in flu shots at a pharmacy taking just as long if not longer, and that is with no 15 minute wait time to leave. There was a wait to get the paperwork to sign in so they could bill our insurance. Then there was filling out the paperwork. Then there was a wait until we were called in for the actual flu shots. Then we had to do the billing, even though it was zero after insurance.

That's interesting, we have always just walked in.  DH's insurance is on file and I have a membership with the pharmacy so that might be the difference.  I have never waited in line for flu even when I used to go to public health.   

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I think you are spot on.  I don’t yet qualify to get the shot.  When I become eligible I’m not playing the scheduling game that takes hours or days to book.  I’m also not willing to lose a day to get the vaccine.  When I can go to the drug store or my providers office and get it in under an hour total then I’ll do it.

• Like 2

NEW C.D.C. RULES as of RIGHT NOW..

If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.

You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.

If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

They also said no need for masks among vaccinated adults and low-risk groups (like children)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

They also said no need for masks among vaccinated adults and low-risk groups (like children)

IMO, the CDC is trying to get more people to vax, Offering an incentive here. Caveat emptor.

I'll follow the experts who are still masking/distancing after vax. That's because...

"One of the mutations in this variant is the same concerning change found in the variant first seen in South Africa and known as B.1.351. It appears to evade, somewhat, the body's response to vaccines, as well. And it's becoming more common.

"We observed a steady increase in the detection rate from late December to mid-February, with an alarming rise to 12.7% in the past two weeks," one team, at Columbia University Medical Center..."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/health/variants-coronavirus-new-york-city/index.html

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I think you are spot on.  I don’t yet qualify to get the shot.  When I become eligible I’m not playing the scheduling game that takes hours or days to book.  I’m also not willing to lose a day to get the vaccine.  When I can go to the drug store or my providers office and get it in under an hour total then I’ll do it.

After reading this I appreciate even more the job the State of Indiana has done. We are now down to 50 and older. Scheduling an appt takes less than 2 minutes. Granted it is 5 weeks out now since we went down to 50 and over and that is with 4 times more facilities issuing the vaccine including a few larger vaccination centers. 

"According to data compiled by the CDC, 9.2% of the U.S. population is now fully vaccinated, and 17.7% have received at least one dose."

Thus, 17.7% will have their 2nd dose by end of March, & be fully vaccinated by mid-April.

So maybe the cruise lines will look into only allowing fully vaccinated people to start cruising by the summer...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.

If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

However, most things that would seem to impact cruising are still in the what has not changed category, at least until the cruise lines require everyone to be vaccinated prior to cruising.

What Hasn’t Changed

For now, if you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, like wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take these precautions whenever you are:
  • You should still avoid medium or large-sized gatherings.
  • You should still delay domestic and international travel. If you do travel, you’ll still need to follow CDC requirements and recommendations.
  • You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
  • You will still need to follow guidance at your workplace.

7 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That's interesting, we have always just walked in.  DH's insurance is on file and I have a membership with the pharmacy so that might be the difference.  I have never waited in line for flu even when I used to go to public health.   

I have never waited in line but it does take some time to get it done at Rite-Aid even with having my insurance and medical file on their system.    So about 15 to 20 minutes is usual.

23 hours ago, boscobeans said:

If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have 

Edited by TiogaCruiser

Evidently now Cunard have cancelled through the summer and into November for QM2 - someone on the Cunard forum posted:

"Just got this from a respected Cunard TA that shares the latest news on my fb Cunard Groups...

I am sorry to now be able to share with you that Cunard have just announced their hopefully final pause in service. First, the bad news:
Sailings on Queen Victoria are now cancelled for all departures up to and including the 27th August 2021.
With many of Queen Elizabeth summer itineraries visiting international ports and with cruises departing outside of the UK being unlikely for some time further, they are also cancelling Queen Elizabeth’s summer Mediterranean fly cruise season and all departures up to and including 11th of October 2021.
For Queen Mary 2, there are a number of factors affecting her current programme and after careful consideration Cunard are cancelling all of her departures up to and including 12th November 2021.
Cunard will be emailing all affected guests shortly, with the choice of a 125% future cruise credit or a 100% refund.
The good news is that Cunard will be offering luxurious summer staycation cruises this summer on board the Queen Elizabeth. Sailings will be round-trip Southampton and will be in UK coastal waters, as well as voyages simply seeking out the best of the summer sunshine. I will ensure that XXX members alongside XXXX clients will be the first to know about these when they go on sale later this month. They are anticipated to sellout very quickly."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Cruises from England look set for a possible May 17 restart, maritime minister Robert Courts revealed last night.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5936/

Domestic cruises only, no international. and it also says "The announcement comes just days after both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises cancelled all international cruises from the UK and announced they would be sailing domestically all summer."

don't know if it means anything, but I had a look at Princess Cruises, and the fist British Isles cruise is October 2021.

L.

• Like 1