FCC FRUSTRATION

wwjd1947

We have FCC's worth $1800 from a cancelled Asia cruise.  We have attempted to use the FCC's on 3 more cruises that were cancelled by Royal.  The latest was Rhapsody in late December.  The email notification I received said the new FCC would be issued on February 12.  We found another cruise on Brilliance that we have on HOLD until the FCC's are released.  Finally, on Feb. 19 our travel agent received notice that one of the FCC's has been released.  Great, right?  Today our agent tried to book the cruise using the FCC's and was notified that even though the FCC was released they have not yet put the money in.  This is balony!!!!    Why would they issue an FCC that cannot be used because they have not put the $$$$ on it????  Anyone else had this problem?

1 minute ago, wwjd1947 said:

We have FCC's worth $1800 from a cancelled Asia cruise.  We have attempted to use the FCC's on 3 more cruises that were cancelled by Royal.  The latest was Rhapsody in late December.  The email notification I received said the new FCC would be issued on February 12.  We found another cruise on Brilliance that we have on HOLD until the FCC's are released.  Finally, on Feb. 19 our travel agent received notice that one of the FCC's has been released.  Great, right?  Today our agent tried to book the cruise using the FCC's and was notified that even though the FCC was released they have not yet put the money in.  This is balony!!!!    Why would they issue an FCC that cannot be used because they have not put the $$$$ on it????  Anyone else had this problem?

Yes it happens.  I have a stack of cabins on hold for clients until the FCC’s are issued.  Not sure why it’s that big of a deal.  Royal will keep the hold on the reservation until the FCC’s are issued. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wwjd1947 said:

I'm familiar with that problem.  Happened with 2 of mine so far.  It only takes a few days if I remember correctly for the money to get added on

The FCC process has become insanely stupid.  Used to be, if I got a price drop on a cruise, the FCC could be reapplied automatically.  Now, looking at 2-3 weeks to get it reapplied.  Makes me not want to do any more FCC's if they are going to make it so stupid crazy to use them

Also have another cruise was just fine.  Then they went to the ""new" process, and it got all screwed up.  Going on 4 weeks now and still not fixed.

I really do regret booking with RCL.  I made a reservation.  The RCL agent did not tell me it was non-refundable.  Yes, I should have asked but I didn't.  We needed to change the booking and ended up with FCC from the deposit.  Booked another, a second deposit, and had to wait for the FCC.  RCL agent did not tell me that the cruise I booked did not fall into the FCC schedule, i.e. travel was outside the FCC allowed dates.  Now I have a new booking and must wait for the new FCC.  I am so frustrated.  There are no exceptions to their rules.