Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Up by nearly £1 so far today. There seems to be little rhyme nor reason in the ups and downs.

There’s very little logic anywhere in world stock markets at the moment.  All driven by sentiment, people looking for a home for money earning practically no interest, and a belief that markets only ever rise.

• 1 month later...

A quick question for other shareholders.

I bought enough shares to get the benefit on board. I used eToro - and I'm finding it impossible to find a page/document that gives all the required info to send on to Carnival for them to implement the on board extras. I've emailed eToro a few times, but whatever they come back with still doesn't seem to be right to fit the criteria Carnival would want.

Who did you guys use to buy your Carnival shares? 
Anyone used eToro and know where I can find the correct info?

Thanks in advance 🙂
Dan

30 minutes ago, reef112 said:

I bought enough shares to get the benefit on board. I used eToro - and I'm finding it impossible to find a page/document that gives all the required info to send on to Carnival for them to implement the on board extras. I've emailed eToro a few times, but whatever they come back with still doesn't seem to be right to fit the criteria Carnival would want.

Thanks in advance 🙂
Dan

Do you not get some sort of statement showing your various shareholdings? If you print that off, redact everything that is not Carnival related, that should be sufficient

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Do you not get some sort of statement showing your various shareholdings? If you print that off, redact everything that is not Carnival related, that should be sufficient

Not that lists Carnival specifically.  At least not that I've been able to find!

I am not familiar with eToro but I assume your shares are held in a nominee account as apposed to a share certificate.
My shares are held in a nominee account but with a different company. All I do is to log on to my account and take a screen print of my holdings. This needs to show the date, your name and the number of Carnival shares held. I blank out any non relevant information. I then email this to Carnival in Southampton.

This link may help out.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reef112 said:

Not that lists Carnival specifically.  At least not that I've been able to find!

If Carnival is not listed, then do you actually own them.

Brian

41 minutes ago, reef112 said:

As Brian says, surely you must have access to some sort of information that shows you what your holdings are?  

2 hours ago, reef112 said:

Thanks in advance 🙂
Dan

You should be able to access your account with eToro  like I can with HL, I just down load my statement from their website as shown, cross out the account number, leaving my name   and attach to the email I send to Cunard.

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 11.03.15.png

Edited by LifeonMars
spell and change attachment

36 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

You should be able to access your account with eToro  like I can with HL, I just down load my statement from their website as shown, cross out the account number, leaving my name   and attach to the email I send to Cunard.

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 11.03.15.png

I do similar, but have my shares with a Halifax Share Dealing account.

So, with eToro, I can go to "My Portfolio" and is shows the number of Carnival shares I have, but it doesn't show my name etc on that page. 

If I download a statement from my account then here's what it shows:
34556329_eToro3.thumb.jpg.b2867c375afc59851fb264b6979a1eb7.jpg

Another page in the document shows my details. 

But as you see, it doesn't show the number of shares I own with that transaction.

1 hour ago, reef112 said:

So, with eToro, I can go to "My Portfolio" and is shows the number of Carnival shares I have, but it doesn't show my name etc on that page. 

If I download a statement from my account then here's what it shows:
34556329_eToro3.thumb.jpg.b2867c375afc59851fb264b6979a1eb7.jpg

Another page in the document shows my details. 

But as you see, it doesn't show the number of shares I own with that transaction.

It seems strange. Surely there must be somewhere that shows your current holdings.

I don’t understand what the 2437.66 figure is. Is this American dollars? If so, have you purchased Carnival USA shares (Carnival corporation) rather than Carnival UK (Carnival PLC) shares. In March Carnival PLC shares were around £1600 for 100 shares.

The share price today is Carnival PLC £16.81, Carnival corporation $28

Brian

1 minute ago, BrianI said:

It seems strange. Surely there must be somewhere that shows your current holdings.

I don’t understand what the 2437.66 figure is. Is this American dollars? If so, have you purchased Carnival USA shares (Carnival corporation) rather than Carnival UK (Carnival PLC) shares. In March Carnival PLC shares were around £1600 for 100 shares.

The share price today is Carnival PLC £16.81, Carnival corporation $28

Brian

It's very odd - I put the money in in £, the CLL.L buy and sell prices are in GBP, but all other numbers show as USD.

Here's the view in my portfolio page - Buy my details aren't shown anywhere on that page.
I have 205.25 shares. 

215007326_Etoro4.thumb.jpg.a1077cfe5e956c9a5645cf91b86d673b.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one  confused.

On 2/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, ann141 said:

I just phone Hargreaves Lansdowne who hold our shares and they phone P and O or Princess or Cunard and OBC is added.

Rather do it myself, only takes a few seconds to download and send the email .  I know it's done then,  rather than involving a third person. 

1 hour ago, LifeonMars said:

Rather do it myself, only takes a few seconds to download and send the email .  I know it's done then,  rather than involving a third person. 

Agreed, that’s what I do.

Brian

16 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Do you not have a full breakdown page showing all your investments?

Not that I can find anywhere, nor have eToro been able to help me when I've asked.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, Harry Peterson said:

There’s very little logic anywhere in world stock markets at the moment.  All driven by sentiment, people looking for a home for money earning practically no interest, and a belief that markets only ever rise.

But sentiment and future prospects are what always drives the stock market, and of course the future is anyone's guess.

After the scandalous way HL were promoting Woodford funds, when the funds were basically broke, and making millions in the process, I'm surprised that anyone still uses them.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, wowzz said:

As Brian says, surely you must have access to some sort of information that shows you what your holdings are?  

THIS IS THE STANDARD EMAIL WE SEND EACH TIME:.....................
EMAIL:  shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Hello
I have been given your email as have been told you can help!!. We have 100 Carnival PLC shares and would like you to apply the shareholder benefit to the following booked cruise:
LEGAL NAME:                                      XXXXX
RESERVATION/BOOKING REF:         P&O:  XXXX
BOOKING AGENT REF:                       XXXXX
CRUISE REF:                                        XXXXX
DAYS:                                                   XX
SHIP:                                                     XXXXX
SAILING DATE:                                     XXXXXX
OBS:                                                      £250 or whatever for the length of cruise.

I have done 2 attachments to show proof of shares from our Barclays account. I hope this is sufficient to apply the OBS. If there is any problem with this, please can you phone me on 07931984915 or email us. If this is sufficient, please email me so I can relax!!

We just take a screen shot from our Barclays portfolio and attach to this email. They always reply by email, agree and attach our OBS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...