Azamara extends no sail suspension until June 30th 2021

upwarduk

24 minutes ago, Riocca said:

BBC are reporting this morning that the President of P&O U.K. has said all passengers will have to be fully vaccinated to board their ships.

Yes, I doubt in the UK they’d allow them to sail otherwise. They are accepting their target market will be over 60s in the early part of their sailings, they maybe by August get the over 40s. My medic friend said rule of thumb is the vaccine is fully effective 14 weeks from first dose based on the 12 week gap.  

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

Yes, this is for their “UK getaways” operating from mid June to mid September.  He did say however, that following these cruises they would review their criteria for sailing.  The vaccination criteria for their “UK getaways” clearly can’t apply to their staff.  

No Simon Calder confirmed that he had been told by P&O that the crew wouldn’t be vaccinated but would have rigorous testing protocols. We are going to just watch with interest hopefully all will go well, our next cruise is not until next January/February in the Caribbean really hoping we can go and enjoy a near normal cruise by then.

8 minutes ago, Riocca said:

No Simon Calder confirmed that he had been told by P&O that the crew wouldn’t be vaccinated but would have rigorous testing protocols. We are going to just watch with interest hopefully all will go well, our next cruise is not until next January/February in the Caribbean really hoping we can go and enjoy a near normal cruise by then.

Yes we’re in your “wait and see” camp.  As you say, we hope all goes well as that’s in everyone’s interest.  However, this wouldn’t be our cup of tea, irrespective of the cruise line and price.

Regards

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ellbon said:

Interesting that you will not sail unless vaccinations are required.I just said that To  my agent today. So far only Crystal  has said that. We were talking about a booking on a family cruise. Her answer more or less that not everyone could get the vaccine by then. Really! By this summer I would think all adults in NC and other states could  get it. Some states now I know adults who are the 40 to 60 range are getting their shots.

Yes, I am quite confident that everyone in the US who wants it will be vaxxed by June at the latest.  Here in NC there are a several counties that are vaccinating everyone over the age of 18 (and 1 county over the age of 16) as of today.  

And the list of those requiring vaccinations (at least at the onset) continues to grow.  Crystal, Virgin, RCCL out of Israel and as of this AM, P&O for their British sailings. 

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 1

Unfortunately it has just been announced that the supplies of vaccine from the end of March in the UK has a possible problem.  Its all down to tensions between the UK and EU.  Many people are due second vaccines late March early April so it is concerning.  It will impact on these cruise restart plans.

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately it has just been announced that the supplies of vaccine from the end of March in the UK has a possible problem.  Its all down to tensions between the UK and EU.  Many people are due second vaccines late March early April so it is concerning.  It will impact on these cruise restart plans.

We're stuck on an horrendous roller coaster, and the UK is in better shape than most ! How any cruise or holiday company can plan or manage their business in these conditions is a mystery.

• Like 2

Here in Arizona we're currently 55 and above but it's really moving quickly!!   We also have some counties 18 and over.  I hope the rate picks up in the UK and EU;  I'm sure everyone is looking forward not only to travel but to having life closer to normal

• Like 2

Two weeks ago here in Greenville DE we were clawing to get an appt for the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, & I stayed up 'til midnight in the hope that appts would open up then, which they did. I understand that it's now fairly easy to get an appt in DE. Friends in the distant Philadelphia suburbs were able to get an appt but only for center city Philadelphia.

Question for UK posters - what do you think the odds are of the Aug 4 Amsterdam to Dublin cruise going? I know that the Scots have different rules from England & probably Ireland as well. At this point we have not booked air, as it has seemed unlikely the cruise would go.

Best wishes to everyone! Today (still!) is the day to believe in pots of gold at the end of rainbows, & a world in which people don't wear masks.

18 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Yes, I am quite confident that everyone in the US who wants it will be vaxxed by June at the latest.  Here in NC there are a several counties that are vaccinating everyone over the age of 18 (and 1 county over the age of 16) as of today.  

And the list of those requiring vaccinations (at least at the onset) continues to grow.  Crystal, Virgin, RCCL out of Israel and as of this AM, P&O for their British sailings. 

I am wintering in a hotel in Mexico. I am going to FL to get the vaccine as I thought it would be easier than Asheville. Are you saying it is getting easier  now to get the vaccine. Having to go back to FL for three days is a pain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shedridt said:

Two weeks ago here in Greenville DE we were clawing to get an appt for the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, & I stayed up 'til midnight in the hope that appts would open up then, which they did. I understand that it's now fairly easy to get an appt in DE. Friends in the distant Philadelphia suburbs were able to get an appt but only for center city Philadelphia.

Question for UK posters - what do you think the odds are of the Aug 4 Amsterdam to Dublin cruise going? I know that the Scots have different rules from England & probably Ireland as well. At this point we have not booked air, as it has seemed unlikely the cruise would go.

Best wishes to everyone! Today (still!) is the day to believe in pots of gold at the end of rainbows, & a world in which people don't wear masks.

Very difficult to say.  There is talk of opening up more by the end of June but the one concern is importation of new strains and a late summer wave.  I think we will be able to travel around the UK freely in August but whether there are some quarantine restrictions for overseas travellers remains to be seen.
The other issue is Amsterdam, the EU and Holland in particular have really slow rates of vaccination and very high rates of infection still. 

I might be tempted to book fully refundable air because if things do open up to overseas travellers they reckon it will be on reduced capacity so seats may be hard to get.

Fingers crossed for you, we are due on 27 July cruise but because it heads to Norway who are being very cautious I’m not dusting the huge cobwebs off our cases yet.  Good luck 🤞 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mrs Miggins said:

The Viking email say" you will have the opportunity to explore beautiful destinations close to home "

as well as "curated shore excursions" so one assumes they intend to dock.  

Don't think they have said whether vaccines will be required or not.

My friend's daughter lives in the Philippines and says that very few locals are being vaccinated = the vaccine is in short supply but also there is a great deal of mistrust of any vaccinations.  This is very sad and may impact crew on Azamara.

I see that CC have updated their news about this today. Cruises are round trip Portsmouth, with calls at Liverpool, Tresco, Falmouth and Portland. Presumably you will get to see the other cruise ships that will continue to be laid up in various bays along the south coast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ellbon said:

I am wintering in a hotel in Mexico. I am going to FL to get the vaccine as I thought it would be easier than Asheville. Are you saying it is getting easier  now to get the vaccine. Having to go back to FL for three days is a pain.

Yes, much easier now.  We don't know anyone who hasn't been either vaccinated or with a firm appointment in the last few weeks.  It was so dire for a while but things opened up quickly with lots of sites with waitlists that go fairly quickly.  The NC FindYourShot website shows most of the available sites. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shedridt said:

We’re also on the 8/4 cruise and the following one. I think I will probably rebook Scotland for next year before final payment. We booked air through Azamara since we could cancel without penalty until final payment. We will hold on to the Iceland cruise for now since there’s nothing similar scheduled next year. I can tolerate having to take ship’s excursions for one cruise if necessary but not two!

10 hours ago, ellbon said:

Here in Hawaii, what you describe is called Vaccine Tourism and is not allowed.  Visitors to the island are not permitted to access this resource.  I thought each state had its own allotment, and each county, jurisdiction as to delivery.  Are you a resident of Florida, ellbon?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

Here in Hawaii, what you describe is called Vaccine Tourism and is not allowed.  Visitors to the island are not permitted to access this resource.  I thought each state had its own allotment, and each county, jurisdiction as to delivery.  Are you a resident of Florida, ellbon?

Each state makes their own rules and even then, vaccination sites either follow them or not.  In our 4 trips for vaccinations here in NC, saw lots of FL and SC tags and yesterday, as far away as OH.  Some may own property here but they are not residents. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We’re also on the 8/4 cruise and the following one. I think I will probably rebook Scotland for next year before final payment. We booked air through Azamara since we could cancel without penalty until final payment. We will hold on to the Iceland cruise for now since there’s nothing similar scheduled next year. I can tolerate having to take ship’s excursions for one cruise if necessary but not two!

Good news for your second cruise:

Iceland opens its borders to vaccinated travelers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Each state makes their own rules and even then, vaccination sites either follow them or not.  In our 4 trips for vaccinations here in NC, saw lots of FL and SC tags and yesterday, as far away as OH.  Some may own property here but they are not residents. 

Not sure why Ohio residents are going there for vaccines. It took some time but both of us were able to schedule appointments the day we became eligible for the following week about 1/2 hour from our home. 40 and under are eligible starting tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

Not sure why Ohio residents are going there for vaccines. It took some time but both of us were able to schedule appointments the day we became eligible for the following week about 1/2 hour from our home. 40 and under are eligible starting tomorrow.

I thought that was a bit strange, also.  My guess is they were vacationing here, saw an opportunity to get vaxxed, and took it. 

On 3/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, uktog said:

News varies day to day.

Vaccination for the under 50’s has been paused, in April, due to the uncertainty of supplies of the Astra Zeneca vaccine from India.

However, it should not effect people who already have an appointment or second doses (I hope🙏).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ellbon said:

Arizona...

MSC Cruises has become the latest line to announce a restart date in the U.K., resuming operations on May 20, 2021. It joins Viking, P&O Cruises and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines in confirming a restart date for U.K. cruises for U.K. residents. 

MSC will restart cruising from Southampton on MSC Magnificainitially offering short break cruises with only sea days before embarking on longer voyages with stops in ports of call.

The line will not require passengers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 but will require proof of a negative PCR test taken no longer than 72 hours before boarding. MSC said it will also test passengers before boarding.

The waters around the UK 🇬🇧 are going to be very busy.  MSC have the earliest start date. 

28 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

The vaccines are not perfect.  Someone in our building tested positive three weeks after getting Pfizer's second dose.  Mild symptoms, apparently.  Still need to be very careful.

Reality is we are going to have to learn to live with this disease the same as we do with the flu. Hopefully the vaccine will reduce the severity of the symptoms but as with the flu there will sadly be many who die from Covid-19 every year.

We can’t go on living as we have for the past year so we must learn to manage the disease and accept it as another risk to our health.

• Like 2