Jump to content

Azamara extends no sail suspension until June 30th 2021


upwarduk
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they pulled the cruise yesterday. I do feel RCG are being very hopeful with their new Greek itineraries. There are still lots of unknowns and there won't be any British onboard if they follow our government advice not to travel. 

 

We are all keen to get back to cruising, but it needs to be an enjoyable experience. This will take a time to achieve I feel and both Pursuit and Journey will need to go into dry dock

before they start. Another unknown on time. 

 

Phil 

Sorry you lost your cruise Phil.  It was good you got such early notice and had not reached the do I/don’t I pay dilemma.

I want to be optimistic about travel to and from the UK without quarantine but I cannot.  UK realises the impact of reopening borders during last summer and can’t go through that pain again as we face a second Easter locked in, closed down and not allowed to travel beyond our local boundaries. 
But we are promised...one day soon 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 4:43 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they pulled the cruise yesterday. I do feel RCG are being very hopeful with their new Greek itineraries. There are still lots of unknowns and there won't be any British onboard if they follow our government advice not to travel. 

 

We are all keen to get back to cruising, but it needs to be an enjoyable experience. This will take a time to achieve I feel and both Pursuit and Journey will need to go into dry dock

before they start. Another unknown on time. 

 

Phil 

The Lisbon to Miami cruise is still showing on their website. Makes me wonder if they’re in the process of cancelling other cruises. We’re booked on the Journey, Dubai to Singapore, in November and thinking it might not happen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The Lisbon to Miami cruise is still showing on their website. Makes me wonder if they’re in the process of cancelling other cruises. We’re booked on the Journey, Dubai to Singapore, in November and thinking it might not happen.

Phil was on Celebrity not Azamara though in due course I’m sure Azamara are going to have to alter their schedules especially in the first instance for July and August and of course to remove Myanmar from your cruise if indeed they do head East. 

Edited by uktog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The Lisbon to Miami cruise is still showing on their website. Makes me wonder if they’re in the process of cancelling other cruises. We’re booked on the Journey, Dubai to Singapore, in November and thinking it might not happen.

I’m concerned about my Athens to Dubai cruise too. 😟

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we are Azamara newbies I have a question for the more experienced travelers on this forum. We are booked on the Israel intensive cruise on October 27 and while we are really hoping it will actually sail, I am getting nervous reading all the other posts saying they don’t think their cruises in October or later will actually happen.  Azamara doesn’t have that same itinerary listed in 2022.  If the cruise does get canceled, is there any chance they would add it to their 2022 cruises?  Since we are seniors, we are worried about having to keep postponing these trips for year(s) at a time!  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Since we are Azamara newbies I have a question for the more experienced travelers on this forum. We are booked on the Israel intensive cruise on October 27 and while we are really hoping it will actually sail, I am getting nervous reading all the other posts saying they don’t think their cruises in October or later will actually happen.  Azamara doesn’t have that same itinerary listed in 2022.  If the cruise does get canceled, is there any chance they would add it to their 2022 cruises?  Since we are seniors, we are worried about having to keep postponing these trips for year(s) at a time!  Thanks!

For 2022 as there is a new vessel that has had no itineraries announced, you have a much better chance of itineraries being added than you normally would.  We are in uncharted territory on what they are going to do re cancellations etc and repeating the voyages that got chopped.  Fingers crossed you will get your cruise this year

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

That's what I was hoping too!  But we are really hoping to go this year!  

I hope too that you are able to cruise this year or at least can find a similar one in 2022 when hopefully things are more settled. 

 

Phil 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

thinking it might not happen.

We were looking to book Azamara out of Athens in November also (different cruise) but things are changing rapidly every week ... right now in Athens the tourism minister is very positive that a lot of travel will open up from here soon ... however the COVID-19 spike keeps going and we are still locked down (every 2 weeks he says just give it 2 more weeks of lockdown) ... who knows?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

We were looking to book Azamara out of Athens in November also (different cruise) but things are changing rapidly every week ... right now in Athens the tourism minister is very positive that a lot of travel will open up from here soon ... however the COVID-19 spike keeps going and we are still locked down (every 2 weeks he says just give it 2 more weeks of lockdown) ... who knows?

I read that too, GlobalMethod, but won’t feel confident until it happens. I am booked on that cruise and also concerned about all of the other ports. 
Betsey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I am booked on that cruise and also concerned about all of the other ports. 
Betsey

I understand your viewpoint ... we've been to every port scheduled on this cruise from Athens so destinations are not as important to us ... we just wanted to get our toes back into the crusing waters again after a 1 year absense ... this seemed to be safe opportunity to cruise again and enjoy the great hospitality we have always recevived from Azamara ... more about enjoying a cruise journey for us than enoying new ports ... good luck with all your travels!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GlobalMethod said:

I understand your viewpoint ... we've been to every port scheduled on this cruise from Athens so destinations are not as important to us ... we just wanted to get our toes back into the crusing waters again after a 1 year absense ... this seemed to be safe opportunity to cruise again and enjoy the great hospitality we have always recevived from Azamara ... more about enjoying a cruise journey for us than enoying new ports ... good luck with all your travels!

 

I can understand that. But this is a new part of the world for us, so would be important for us to actually see it. I will have to keep an eye on various local regulations. And hope that if the cruise is canceled, it is before my final payment in June!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the UK government has just announced mandatory 2 week quarantine in government facilities (at a significant cost) for all arrivals from the Philippines whether vaccinated or not commencing 8 April. I doubt this helps start up plans 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if Azamara will jump into the summer schedule frenzy.  NCL announced today that they will be sailing from Punta Cana, Montego Bay and Athens.

 

They join Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, P&O and others recently announcing new sailings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder, too.  It strikes me as odd that Azamara has been completely silent about the schedules, especially since virtually  every other cruise line (big and small) has been making the news almost daily.

It makes me a bit nervous.  Cruisers are focusing their attention elsewhere  and Azamara is losing out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, travelinjudy said:

I wonder, too.  It strikes me as odd that Azamara has been completely silent about the schedules, especially since virtually  every other cruise line (big and small) has been making the news almost daily.

It makes me a bit nervous.  Cruisers are focusing their attention elsewhere  and Azamara is losing out.

There are now a lot of round UK cruises, which initial logic would have said at least one Azamara vessel could have taken on.  My concern, we only have so many ports/berths in the UK and they are getting very busy so if Azamara is not booked it could be a challenge for them to put a meaningful itinerary together.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, travelinjudy said:

... It strikes me as odd that Azamara has been completely silent about the schedules, especially since virtually  every other cruise line (big and small) has been making the news almost daily.

...

With the the sale, split from Celebrity and growth (new ship), perhaps management is planning, re-imagining and re-inventing itineraries.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And another of Azamara’s competitors, Seabourn has just announced 7 day sailings from Athens from 3rd. July... and they can be combined as B2B’s. Greece islands are going to be busy this summer!

 

Still  waiting for AZ to confirm or cancel our  2 July cruises that were lift and shifted from last year!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to hear they are planning all these cruises out of Athens... that is where our 10/27/21 Israel intensive AZ cruise is leaving from... hopefully it will really happen!  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, puppymama1 said:

Glad to hear they are planning all these cruises out of Athens... that is where our 10/27/21 Israel intensive AZ cruise is leaving from... hopefully it will really happen!  

Hoping my 11/2 cruise out of Athens happens too. Watching Greece’s travel guideline. Right now, would not be possible to travel from the US

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We're on the July 10th Greece Intensive cruise -- 1st one after start-up. Do we think this cruise will happen? NO. Just waiting for Azamara to cancel July cruises. Booked this with FCC, so it should be rolled over to something else we'll have to find. Hurry up & wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We also waiting on July 20 sailing Athens to Athens Black Sea 

every country it will visit Is level 4 covid very high doesn’t sound so good for travelers i image we will wait and see and reschedule for 2022 or 2023 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...