Azamara extends Suspension of Sailing through 6 /30/21- Celebrity Next??

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just saw on  that Azamara has extended the Suspension of Sailing through June 30?

Wonder when. Celebrity will make a announcement.?

Very soon I expect. 

Interesting that Azamara are offering lift and shift on cancelled cruises. That would be a very welcome addition to the celebrity offer.

Although Azamara is now sold it might start to deviate from the standard RCL line

39 minutes ago, york survey said:

Very soon I expect. 

Interesting that Azamara are offering lift and shift on cancelled cruises. That would be a very welcome addition to the celebrity offer.

Although Azamara is now sold it might start to deviate from the standard RCL line

I think the modified L&S for cruises canceled by the cruiseline will mostly stick around for a while. 

Richard Fain's comments earlier this week should have set the expectation for this. While they are hopeful and closer to resuming service, it was apparent there is no real plan yet. Azamara is a bit different in that their sailings during this timeframe were from Italy, Greece, Spain, Southhampton, Norway and Ireland which adds to the complexity. 

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Just saw on  that Azamara has extended the Suspension of Sailing through June 30?

Not sure if the announcement will come from Celebrity. Azamara has been sold. Link below. 

https://amp.tennessean.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/01/19/royal-caribbean-group-selling-off-azamara-cruise-line/4211806001/

June 30 would make it all VERY interesting for me...Our next booked cruises are the Apex on July 10 and Infinity July 19...

It would mean that we are "still on"...but on the precipice...In limbo until either until the next round of cancelations OR on edge (no pun intended there...maybe it should be "on Apex") until almost right up to the sail date.  Our flight out to Barcelona is scheduled for July 5...

8 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Not sure if the announcement will come from Celebrity. Azamara has been sold. Link below. 

https://amp.tennessean.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/01/19/royal-caribbean-group-selling-off-azamara-cruise-line/4211806001/

RCI sold Azamara in January.  Long thread about it.  The new owners now need to start over with registration, permits, suppliers etc. Will take some months 

Steve - If Celebrity cancells until July 1st then your July cruises cannot happen.  Remember the starting with"trial" cruises followed by single destination cruises for the US.  Not sure what the procedure will be for Europe, but you will have a better idea by April.

The vaccine rollout in Spain makes the US look perfect.  Huge delays and constant changes.  Infection and deaths continue high. 

Know you want to make plans and cruise.  Hope it works out.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
29 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

June 30 would make it all VERY interesting for me...Our next booked cruises are the Apex on July 10 and Infinity July 19...

It would mean that we are "still on"...but on the precipice...In limbo until either until the next round of cancelations OR on edge (no pun intended there...maybe it should be "on Apex") until almost right up to the sail date.  Our flight out to Barcelona is scheduled for July 5...

You REALLY need to be researching what's going on in Europe with the vaccines since that's going to be your answer with regards to your trip. And currently the answer is no,you're not going to be going to Europe this summer,much less boarding a cruise ship. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-europe-airlines/airline-outlook-dims-again-as-new-travel-curbs-threaten-summer-idUSKBN29V25P

Vaccine Delays Damp Prospect of Normal Summer in Europe https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-setbacks-damp-europes-prospects-for-normal-summer-11611597792

39 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I hate to break it to you but that sailing is not happening. Europe is ages behind the US in vaccinations. Plus, the Apex is sitting out in the Bahamas which means they'd have to sail (empty) all the way to Europe for the Summer Med season. The only cruises that have a chance at going this Summer are Caribbean cruises.

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

Not happening and you know it

10 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Just cancel it all, until we are all guaranteed of never getting sick again.  We'll all live forever....like we did before Covid.  

Yeah, ONLY 300,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019.... big deal right????

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

According to the Royal Caribbean Group web site.... As of January 2021, Royal Caribbean Group fully owns three cruise lines: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises.[2]  Feel free to google to verify!!

All of the reporting that I've read to date says that the deal will be closed by the end of Q1. I've not seen a report as yet stating that it has been finalized. I suspect that RCG fully anticipates that the sale will be concluded and consequently has been proactive in its website updating.

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

It will definitely be after all final payments for the period.  I had a June Azamara Greece cruise I knew last month wouldn't go so I took the cancellation penalty rather than do the first week in February final payment date.  I've already had a fully paid 2022 XX cruise after final payment.  Didn't want to give RCG more money before re-booking at an Azamara prevailing rate.

11 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

According to the Royal Caribbean Group web site.... As of January 2021, Royal Caribbean Group fully owns three cruise lines: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises.[2]  Feel free to google to verify!!

Thanks, but don't need Google to verify.

Until the sale is approved and closes, RCG is the owner of record.  My =X= and Azamara accounts are still interconnected.  Communications with Azamara still go through the RCG group.

When the sale closes, likely before the end of next month, all that will change.

10 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

330,000,000 in the US...I can do math. 

that’s not the right comparison. You compare deaths or deaths. Total number of deaths in the US increased by 12% in 2020 compared to 2019. That’s significant, even if most people in the US still lived. Also that was the increase with the shut downs, lock downs, and masks. It would have been significantly higher had we not done all that.

18 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

And this is why your European cruise won't be sailing.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2021/02/disney-cruise-line-cancels-disney-magic-cruises-through-august-10-2021/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDisneyCruiseLineBlog+(The+Disney+Cruise+Line+Blog)

Edited by kwokpot