• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Renaissance Marriot

jerseycanadian

Hi,

I haven't gone yet, but I did call tonight and they said a day pass to the private island is $50 per person, includes transportation to & from island, which runs from 7am-7pm, also includes lunch, beverage, use of non-motorized watersports, kayaks, floats, tennis courts etc. The day pass can be purchased right in the lobby.

Looks really nice, I think we may go when we are in town.:)

I emailed the Holiday Inn and Radisson about paying for a beach chair and both responded that the facilities are only for their guests. The Renaissance answered in the same way, but I inquired about the hotel and NOT Renaissance Island. No answer from the Allegro resort which I'm not sure has re-opened or not. Would be really interested in Renaissance's phone # or email address too since I'm trying to find out this info for a client. Thanks for your help!

I emailed the Holiday Inn and Radisson about paying for a beach chair and both responded that the facilities are only for their guests. The Renaissance answered in the same way, but I inquired about the hotel and NOT Renaissance Island. No answer from the Allegro resort which I'm not sure has re-opened or not. Would be really interested in Renaissance's phone # or email address too since I'm trying to find out this info for a client. Thanks for your help!

Allegro is closed until the end of March, may be an option for you depending on when you go. We had vactioned there & really liked it, so we were hoping they would be open in time for our trip, but no such luck.

Thanks! I called the 800 number for Marriott but it's just their general number and she had no details on Renaissance Island or the day passes. She gave me the direct line in Aruba, but it's not an 800 number and I'm not sure how much a call to Aruba might cost me.

Thanks for the info on the Allegro resort. I'll try to check with them in early April.

Hi,

I would try calling the 800 number again in hopes of getting someone different from customer service, as I called the 800 number and the guy I spoke with was able to find some info for me. I had explained that I saw online about day passes to Renaissance Island. He did a little research while I was on the phone with him and found the info in the system.

Good luck :)

PS-It looks like we are going there next week while in Aruba, so I will let you know how it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We just got back from AOS and went to Renaissance Island & loved it-would go again in a heartbeat! The cost per person for the day pass was $50. While it may seem expensive at first to some, once you are there & see what it is like it is well worth it. See below for whats included.

When we arrived in port on Tuesday my family & I (group of 8, age range of 19 yrs-50 something) got off the ship & walked over to the Renaissance which is a 5 minute walk, you cross the street at the over pass and it leaves you right in front of the hotel. You go to the upstairs lobby & can purchase the pass with no reservations needed. This is great in case the weather is not cooperating on your trip (ours was perfect, but you never know) For $50 pp they give you an access card & coupons for lunch, 1 alcoholic beverage & use of non-motorized water sports. Right inside the hotel lobby you catch the boat shuttle to Renaissance Island. It runs every 15 minutes, from 7am to 7pm. This in itself is really cool, and we enjoyed the trip over to the island and got some great photos.

At the island there are 3 nice large beaches-2 family beaches & 1 adult beach where more daring folks can go topless. There is a hut where you can get floats for the water, snorkeling gear, towels, a kayak and this is all included in your price. We went to the family beach on the left when you first get off the shuttle. The beach really is beautiful. There are is plenty of shade(they have lots of what I think is called Palupas?) & plenty of chairs in the sun, so either way you can have your choice. They also have hammocks to relax on.

We snorkeled out just past the rock jedi and saw lots of fish around the coral. There is a rock wall sort of surrounding the area so it makes for something like a cove. We ate lunch at the restaurant at this beach and it was very good. I had the iguana wrap which was ham & gouda, and others in our party had burgers, philly cheesesteak and everything was good. Jorge was our waiter and he was very friendly & accomdating. Included with the lunch was a nice beverage, I think most of the group had pina coladas. Jorge went out of his way for us, and also included was a haagan daz ice cream bar. Next to the restaurant are colorful parrots in a very large cage, and also turtles next to that.

After enjoying the beach & snorkeling we went for a walk and saw the second family beach, which is also beautiful. This one is to the right once you get off the shuttle. On the way, there is a spot where they feed iguanas every day, at noon I beleive. The iguanas are friendly and seemed to like the french fries we had left over from lunch also ;) Right before the beach there is a little cove that you walk over where there are some colorful fish that come out if you throw food in the water. They have a fish food dispenser where you can purchase food for them. I threw them a french fry, they didn't eat it but did come over to check it out, including the small barracuda that hangs out there. On this beach they have pink flamingos which make for more great photos.

I never saw the adult beach, or the spa but I am sure they are nice if that is what your looking for.

Our whole family loved the day spent at Renaissance Island, and would go again, including the skeptics who were unsure how it would be until they got there.

For the $50 you have an excursion in walking distance of the ship, the place is beautiful & relaxing, and looks like a post card. Lunch & drink are included, as well as the non-motorized water sports. The boat shuttle runs frequently, and when you get back you are in walking distance of the ship and right in the middle of the shopping area. You really get your monies worth here, and I would recommend going, I don't think you will be disappointed!:)

Hi,

We just got back from AOS and went to Renaissance Island & loved it-would go again in a heartbeat! The cost per person for the day pass was $50. While it may seem expensive at first to some, once you are there & see what it is like it is well worth it. See below for whats included.

When we arrived in port on Tuesday my family & I (group of 8, age range of 19 yrs-50 something) got off the ship & walked over to the Renaissance which is a 5 minute walk, you cross the street at the over pass and it leaves you right in front of the hotel. You go to the upstairs lobby & can purchase the pass with no reservations needed. This is great in case the weather is not cooperating on your trip (ours was perfect, but you never know) For $50 pp they give you an access card & coupons for lunch, 1 alcoholic beverage & use of non-motorized water sports. Right inside the hotel lobby you catch the boat shuttle to Renaissance Island. It runs every 15 minutes, from 7am to 7pm. This in itself is really cool, and we enjoyed the trip over to the island and got some great photos.

At the island there are 3 nice large beaches-2 family beaches & 1 adult beach where more daring folks can go topless. There is a hut where you can get floats for the water, snorkeling gear, towels, a kayak and this is all included in your price. We went to the family beach on the left when you first get off the shuttle. The beach really is beautiful. There are is plenty of shade(they have lots of what I think is called Palupas?) & plenty of chairs in the sun, so either way you can have your choice. They also have hammocks to relax on.

We snorkeled out just past the rock jedi and saw lots of fish around the coral. There is a rock wall sort of surrounding the area so it makes for something like a cove. We ate lunch at the restaurant at this beach and it was very good. I had the iguana wrap which was ham & gouda, and others in our party had burgers, philly cheesesteak and everything was good. Jorge was our waiter and he was very friendly & accomdating. Included with the lunch was a nice beverage, I think most of the group had pina coladas. Jorge went out of his way for us, and also included was a haagan daz ice cream bar. Next to the restaurant are colorful parrots in a very large cage, and also turtles next to that.

After enjoying the beach & snorkeling we went for a walk and saw the second family beach, which is also beautiful. This one is to the right once you get off the shuttle. On the way, there is a spot where they feed iguanas every day, at noon I beleive. The iguanas are friendly and seemed to like the french fries we had left over from lunch also ;) Right before the beach there is a little cove that you walk over where there are some colorful fish that come out if you throw food in the water. They have a fish food dispenser where you can purchase food for them. I threw them a french fry, they didn't eat it but did come over to check it out, including the small barracuda that hangs out there. On this beach they have pink flamingos which make for more great photos.

I never saw the adult beach, or the spa but I am sure they are nice if that is what your looking for.

Our whole family loved the day spent at Renaissance Island, and would go again, including the skeptics who were unsure how it would be until they got there.

For the $50 you have an excursion in walking distance of the ship, the place is beautiful & relaxing, and looks like a post card. Lunch & drink are included, as well as the non-motorized water sports. The boat shuttle runs frequently, and when you get back you are in walking distance of the ship and right in the middle of the shopping area. You really get your monies worth here, and I would recommend going, I don't think you will be disappointed!:)

Wow, this sounds wonderful.

Are the use of their pools included in your day pass, just in case you get tired of salt walter. LOL

Hi,

Jane, In the other ports (St. Martin, St. Thomas & Curacao) we pretty much just shopped. I am writing up a review now & will be posting tomorrow in case you are interested in any shopping.

Opal, Thanks for your post, I am glad you found the review helpful. It really is so nice there, I think you will love it. The skeptics in our group were so glad they decided to come. It really makes for a perfect beach day :)

Newfie, only the private island is included with the day pass. They do have showers so you can refresh from the salt water ;) LOL

You say that the non-motorized water sports are included in the day pass. What would they be? Do you need to reserve them or how would you go about using them? I see someone mentioned kayaking... I know this is something one dd would like to do, while the other dd likes peddle boats, and if these things are included in the price of the day pass, all the better.

Hi,

Newfie, only the private island is included with the day pass. They do have showers so you can refresh from the salt water ;) LOL

Thanks CtCruiser! It's great to know there is some way to refresh from the salt water.

I'm pretty sure this is something I want to do, now to convince the others in my party. :) We are a party of 8 with two teen and two pre-teen girls!!! I think it's going to be a draw between here and the beach in front of the Raddison and the big draw there for the children would be the water sports available there.

Just had another thought, you get a "drink" with your pass (and we love pina coladas too... LOL), but we have four children in our party. Would they let the adults have "their" drink... LOL... or is the pricing different for children under a certain age?

I stayed at the Rennissanse Aruba and went to this island daily. $50 per person is a great price. Lunch w/o drinks is around $35 dollars for two. The mats are I think $5 or $10. And drinks around $6. So everything for $50 per person seems reasonable. The island is breath taking. The water is crystal clear and the snorkling is great too. You don't need to reserve mats, snorkling or kayaks ahead of time. If I was stopping in Aruba for the day this would be the excursion I would do!!

I stayed at the Rennissanse Aruba and went to this island daily. $50 per person is a great price. Lunch w/o drinks is around $35 dollars for two. The mats are I think $5 or $10. And drinks around $6. So everything for $50 per person seems reasonable. The island is breath taking. The water is crystal clear and the snorkling is great too. You don't need to reserve mats, snorkling or kayaks ahead of time. If I was stopping in Aruba for the day this would be the excursion I would do!!

Thank you so very much "royal4life". You've just help me make my decision. I hope I can get the parasailing and banana boat rides on the other islands and I will just relax and enjoy my day on Rennissance Island.

I've read somewhere that Red Sails Sports has a desk on the island I believe. In case we don't get the parasailing on the other islands, do you think it could be arranged there?

I really appreciate your help with this.

We went to this beach 10 yrs. ago I think. It was one of the tours offered by the ship. We caught the boat to go to the island inside the hotel lobby. The island's back door sort of speak with the airport runway. It didn't effect our great time there and I want to go back. Is this the same place? What beach was the nicest? Thanks for your great review.

OC Pat

We went to this beach 10 yrs. ago I think. It was one of the tours offered by the ship. We caught the boat to go to the island inside the hotel lobby. The island's back door sort of speak with the airport runway. It didn't effect our great time there and I want to go back. Is this the same place? What beach was the nicest? Thanks for your great review.

OC Pat

Yes, this is it, it really is beautful. Yes, the airport is nearby, but you don't really notice it while your at the beach. When we were taking the boat back at the end of the day it was really cool to see a plane taking off from the boat.

thank you so much CtCruiser1. very helpful and beautifully written.

Anytime VJH, thanks.....glad you enjoyed it:) We had such a good time I wanted to let everyone know it is worth the trip. Wish we could go back tomorrow:)

I am a long time owner at the Ren. Thank you for the great review of our home away from home. You were wrong about one item.

The second beach you desribed is the adult beach. The beach to the left of the boat dock is family, to the right is adult. We always go to the adult because it is less crowded and more quiet. Both are wonderful and Faro, Island Mngr. and his staff do a great job to make your stay a great one.

Not many ladies go topless. Nudity is an accepted part of beach going in Europe and it is also not flaunted at our beach. Most ladies who just walk the beach will put a top on beforehand. And those that don't just make an old man like myself reflect on how his wife is more beautiful today than when she was young, just doesn't carry things quite so high anymore.

Archived