Just got an email from HAL saying that when they did an internal audit they found out they had given my wife and I extra FCC that we shouldn't have although I thought the previous amount was correct. This was from cancellation of 3 cruises.

As we thought all that have settled back in Dec. we have destroyed all our records and have no way of checking. 

My present agent cannot check into the first 2 cancellations as they were booked with someone else, whom I do not wish to work with any more.

Don't know what I can do other than just accept what HAL says.

Tom 

8 minutes ago, shanni-shanni said:

As we thought all that have settled back in Dec. we have destroyed all our records and have no way of checking. 

Is there a possibility the Booking Notifications emailed to you from HAL could be lurking somewhere on your computer?

3 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

Just got an email from HAL saying that when they did an internal audit they found out they had given my wife and I extra FCC that we shouldn't have although I thought the previous amount was correct. This was from cancellation of 3 cruises.

My present agent cannot check into the first 2 cancellations as they were booked with someone else, whom I do not wish to work with any more.

Don't know what I can do other than just accept what HAL says.

Tom 

In the possible absence of a better answer, how about your asking HAL for a detailed explanation of their audit results?  If you were to do this, then perhaps your review of their answer would trigger your recall.

16 minutes ago, DeeDee Groff said:

In the possible absence of a better answer, how about your asking HAL for a detailed explanation of their audit results?  If you were to do this, then perhaps your review of their answer would trigger your recall.

Totally agree with asking for detailed records. Mistakes definitely happen, but they should be able to provide some sort of documentation/detail that at least makes you confident in their accounting. 

Assuming all else fails see if your agent may be able to escalate somewhere in their office or industry contacts. Travel agents do huge business with cruise lines and someone from higher up in the agency or through one of their associations or booking networks may at least be able to get some kind of concession or consideration for the inconvenience. 

2 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

I am not savvy enough on my computer to retrieve any deletion.

I am relying on my present agent to try to sort it out, but I am not hopeful.

Tom

If you have a trusted neighbor/friend/family member it may be worth asking for help with this. It is most likely saved somewhere in your deleted items and if there is a somewhat large amount it would probably be worth looking up. 

I really hope your agent can come through on this!

Ask HAL to send you the complete audit trail, including original booking reference numbers, amounts paid, which credit card was used etc.  Then get on to your credit card company and ask for copy statements.  Match the transactions and see where that leads......

If your payments were directly to the TA whom you do not wish to work with, then you will probably need to get all cc statements and check for payments to the TA

Edited by VMax1700
11 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

We found out HAL has made the mistake of giving us only 25% of FCC in their audit instead of 100% as they stated in their BLOG.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/holland-america-line-extends-pause-in-cruise-operations/

We are going to protest.

Tom

I have no idea how you are "going to protest," Tom, but my suggestion would be if you do not get resolutions from your first protest, you may want to go higher, and when you do, a letter through "snail mail" or an email would give you the best documentation.  Keep my email handy:  deedeegroff@gmail.com, and I'll share the contacts I have in the executive office in Seattle if you'd like.

21 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

I have no idea how you are "going to protest," Tom, but my suggestion would be if you do not get resolutions from your first protest, you may want to go higher, and when you do, a letter through "snail mail" or an email would give you the best documentation.  Keep my email handy:  deedeegroff@gmail.com, and I'll share the contacts I have in the executive office in Seattle if you'd like.

My agent have emailed the person from HAL who contacted me initially. I can't possibly see how they can get away with such a mistake.

Tom

14 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

My agent have emailed the person from HAL who contacted me initially. I can't possibly see how they can get away with such a mistake.

Tom

There are a lot of mistakes like that happening, maybe because their agents are generally working from home. We had the 2021 Grand Africa booked and fully paid when it was cancelled. HAL rebooked us on the 2022, same cabin same price, as promised. Then they billed us for the deposit, port fees, and taxes. The logic was that we had paid the original fare in FCC, and that transferred, but deposit, port fees and taxes can’t be paid with FCC so we needed to pay for those. It didn’t occur to them that that had applied to the 2021 booking, and they already had our money for all that. When they checked, they said that accounting had ‘lost’ our roughly $3000 and didn’t know where it had gone. They quickly found it, and all is well. Without pushing it, though, we would have lost a good chunk of change!

HAL told our TA we had no FCD even when it showed on our profile.   Lots of issues,  and then when they found it they said they wouldn’t extend it!  It’s getting to be a pain!

We found out today that accounting has changed their minds on our FCC. We originally got our fully paid for March 2020 cruise money applied to a June 2021 cruise. Then in November 2020 I noticed my credit card was credited thee full amount from the 2020 cruise. I had not asked for a refund. Called TA and while on phone they called Hal and after about half hour someone in Accounting said that it was unusual but we could keep the FCC even though they issued refund . Fast forward to today when we received notice of upcoming final payment and to our surprise no FCC now shows. TA and I were on phone about an hour with Hal and they reviewed account in Dec and removed FCC without any notice to TA or  us. I thought it was too good to be true but wished they had not said we could have both back in Nov.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:40 AM, shanni-shanni said:

Reservation accounting is going to do a review after hearing my case on the phone.

Tom

How did the review go?

The supervisor at Reservation Accounting agrees that they have made a mistake, but it will take my agent to contact Guest Relations again to reinstate the FCC.

Throughout the process, my agent has performed above and beyond his responsibility.

I am sure glad to have him because HAL would not deal with me direct.

Tom

8 minutes ago, shanni-shanni said:

In spite of every one that my agent has spoken to agreed that we are correct, nobody seems to have the authority to reinstate the FCC that HAL has taken away originally.

So my agent continues to email and call.

Frustrating.

Tom

I’m sorry it is still not resolved for you!  I had a frustrating experience today when they applied credits without my knowledge or consent.   An hour plus later it’s resolved but the first agent gave absolutely incorrect info.  So glad my TA tapes all phone calls, that has helped in the past. 

And at least when we were cruising the onboard experience usually more than compensated for the hassle.  Sigh.

My agent has now given up on Christine Ferris from Guest Relations and talked to Tom Steer who is supposed to be somebody higher up in the organization. He (or someone) had looked into the case and has offered to re-instate the lost FCC. As well they also offer additional FCC if we return the refund HAL has given us 3 months ago. 

We are still deciding if we will take the additional FCC offer (depending on when it needs to be used  and the sailing deadline date).

Tom