What stays the same and what changes during B2B?

pompeii

Thanks for your quick answer.

The OBC I will have on the first segment is higher than on the second, but I plan to spend more on the second segment than the first, so carry over is important to me.

I can only speak for Princess, but we have done many, many B2B's (up to 5 in a segment).  In fact, we rarely cruise for only 1 week because we hate flying so we try to maximize our cruising between flights. We have stayed in the same cabin and have had to change cabins.  Either way it is very easy.

• Our OBC's have always carried over if not spent.  We always make sure we have 5 or 6 FCC's on account because we never know how many B2B's we might want to book.  We always get the owner's benefit OBC for each segment too.
  • We always trade our mini bar for coffee pkgs.  It's an annoyance, but you have to call at the beginning of each leg to trade for coffee pkgs.  I've always wished that is something you could mark as your preference, like a Queen bed instead of two twins.  They do keep accumulating though.  I've had the coffee guy ask me why I have 45+ coffees still on my room card.  I explained and he just grinned.  I usually get very generous buying coffee for other people toward the end.
  • The head waiter always comes around toward the end of a cruise and asks us if we wish to continue at the same table or if we'd like to move.  We usually continue, although there have been times when we chose to move to a different dining room.  Yes, the menus are mostly IDENTICAL from week to week.  We always know what Wednesday night will be etc.
  • Turn around day is my favorite day!  Every ship and/or port may have procedures that are peculiar to them (Vancouver is my least favorite), but here is generally what you'll do:  You will get a letter the night before disembarkation giving you instructions for the next day.  You usually can just scan off the ship any time you want to and then can scan back on any time later after they've started embarkation process for the next leg.  They have to show all passengers have scanned off (meaning you can't just sit in your cabin that day).  You will be given an "IN TRANSIT" card to show the port people as you come back on and they will just wave you back on.  However, some ports will require you to show your Passport as well as cabin card and transit card.  LA always required that.  If you don't have anything you want to do in port, you can just sleep late and eat a leisurely breakfast (watch the times because they are usually abbreviated times on get-off day).  You will be assigned a disembarkation lounge and usually they will wait until all disembarking passengers have gotten off and the last group is the transit group.  You will probably scan off the ship as a group and sit in the terminal together.  Once they are ready to allow passengers back on, they will call for TRANSITS first (before any new passengers are allowed to board).  That's pretty much it.

"We always trade our mini bar for coffee pkgs.  It's an annoyance, but you have to call at the beginning of each leg to trade for coffee pkgs"

We called room service the day before turn around day and requested the coffee packages instead of the mini bar. It always worked. The coffee package was added to our accounts on turn around day. Like you we wound up with lots of unused specialty coffees.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skynight said:

"We always trade our mini bar for coffee pkgs.  It's an annoyance, but you have to call at the beginning of each leg to trade for coffee pkgs"

We called room service the day before turn around day and requested the coffee packages instead of the mini bar. It always worked. The coffee package was added to our accounts on turn around day. Like you we wound up with lots of unused specialty coffees.

Same here, usually afternoon .....except it's me, not we lol. I refuse to give hubby any credit when I'm the one doing the calling, arranging etc. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I guess I just assumed I had to wait until turn around day!  Thanks for the tip, I’ll definitely be calling the day before from now on!!  The line is always so busy on embarkation day. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, HS2BS said:

#2 is wrong - accounts do not carry over!

Hal

I beg to differ.  Mine have always carried over but not OBCs.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, louden said:

I beg to differ.  Mine have always carried over but not OBCs.

I think it may vary by ship as how they handle things.  We've had b2b's where each week was a separate account and we've had b2b's where the account just carried over all the way through 3 or 4 b2b cruises.  By OBC's carrying over, I meant on an account that carried over if we still had obc from the first week not used, it was still on the account and was used as we went forward.

Edited by RRFan

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

I think it may vary by ship as how they handle things.  We've had b2b's where each week was a separate account and we've had b2b's where the account just carried over all the way through 3 or 4 b2b cruises.  By OBC's carrying over, I meant on an account that carried over if we still had obc from the first week not used, it was still on the account and was used as we went forward.

When we do B2Bs, I go to the Pax Svcs desk and ask how it's handled...carry-over or spend it or loose it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RRFan said:

We have been on many Princess b2b, b2b2b, b2b2b2b voyages on many of Princess' ships. The account debit or credit balances (OBC) always carried over. We have never experienced our accounts being closed out on turn around day. On our final disembarkation day we received our final invoice.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, HS2BS said:

#2 is wrong - accounts do not carry over!

Hal

All the b2b I’ve done have…. but then again it’s been a couple of years