Going forward will cutbacks ruin cruising?

Loreni

On 3/12/2021 at 6:16 AM, skynight said:

Agree, never will be normal. For us we wear a mask when in public, but at some point it will not be necessary. When we do have a mask on it is very difficult to see, glasses get fogged. 

Yes, especially bad with bifocals. 

Saw Senator Ron Paul challenge Dr Faucci on news... agree with Dr Paul, once we are all vaccinated, masks are for show.    Along that line of thinking, if we have been vaccinated and test negative boarding a ship, wearing a mask around the ship may be unnecessary.  Time with tell, things keep changing for the better I believe.    

See UK, Israel and USA have vaccinated the most folks but there are lock downs in France and Italy... so we have a ways to go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drowelf said:

Really, I've never had to take off my glasses when boarding a ship. I do take off my hat, as it generally will have a bunch of pins on it that would set off the magnetometer if I walked through it with it still on. 

Most of the time you are required to take off your hat. Not because it may set off an alarm, but because they want to be sure you are not hiding someone on your head with it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, pris993 said:

Yes, especially bad with bifocals. 

Saw Senator Ron Paul challenge Dr Faucci on news... agree with Dr Paul, once we are all vaccinated, masks are for show.    Along that line of thinking, if we have been vaccinated and test negative boarding a ship, wearing a mask around the ship may be unnecessary.  Time with tell, things keep changing for the better I believe.    

See UK, Israel and USA have vaccinated the most folks but there are lock downs in France and Italy... so we have a ways to go. 

Will we ever reach full vaccination? There are too many people that won't do it and that upsets the Herd theory. The many variants that have evolved from the initial virus will  make masks a safety necessity for a long time to come.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mom33 said:

Will we ever reach full vaccination? There are too many people that won't do it and that upsets the Herd theory. The many variants that have evolved from the initial virus will  make masks a safety necessity for a long time to come.

I doubt it. 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:05 PM, sfaaa said:

Not just required at airport. Every time cruise passengers return to the ship after a port visit, they are told to take off their hats and sunglasses so security manning the sea card scanner can confirm their ID against their pictures taken at boarding check in counter. I have no doubt masks will also have to come off as well for ID check.

I agree with you ..