"M" Class Cabins Reclassified?

wrk2cruise

I was looking at deck plans on Celebrity site for "M" class ships.   I've been trying to figure out why aft C1 cabins appear to be unavailable on the new deployments later in 2022.

It appears that all the non accessible C1 cabins on the aft of the "M" class ships are being reclassified SV.   They have also changed a bunch of C2 cabins on deck 8 mid ship to C1.

I'm suspecting SV purely on the color code which matches that of SV on "S" class ships as it's not listed in the legend of stateroom types on this deck.  I also have not found one able to be booked on any booking site.

This is the Summit plan May 4, 2022 and beyond but I verified on Connie as well.   Anybody seen any announcement of these changes or been able to book the old aft C1 cabins?

image.png.af44777eb27ab60f629d2845b5da6983.png

When a particular group of cabins becomes hot sellers, it makes sense for the cruise line to bump them up into a higher price category.  People complaining that Celebrity phone reps don't know what they mean by 'sweet 16' should consider that a good thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

When a particular group of cabins becomes hot sellers, it makes sense for the cruise line to bump them up into a higher price category.  People complaining that Celebrity phone reps don't know what they mean by 'sweet 16' should consider that a good thing!

Actually it seems they have taken them from C1 down to SV.  These cabins have large balconies are were very desirable as C1’s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Actually it seems they have taken them from C1 down to SV.  These cabins have large balconies are were very desirable as C1’s.

I'm gobsmacked.  When has this ever happened?  Somebody at Celebrity is asleep!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:
4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We stayed in 9156 FV in 2013. I did read that after being refurbished, they would be reclassified. Hopefully, they will be easier to book, as classed as FV, they weren’t available to book for less than 5 people. As we were doing a TA, which families don’t tend to sail, they were released in June for our October sailing.We had a 1A booked, so were able to transfer at no additional cost.

31B1D447-43D9-4A01-B0A2-A7EE45DC6C47.jpeg

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm gobsmacked.  When has this ever happened?  Somebody at Celebrity is asleep!!!

I'm just surprised it took them so long.  SV category has been around for 10+ years on "S" class.  You would have thought they would have done this when they brought M class in line with S class years ago.

While I agree the SV category is "lower" than concierge I'm sure they will price them higher than almost any other non suite category.

Edit:  Well I guess I'm gobsmacked as well.  Checked out that Millennium sailing and the SV is in fact 5% less than C1 and $20 (total pp for 8 days) less than a C3.

I have not seen them available for booking on the multiple Summit sailings I checked.

Maybe demand will be better when people figure out that booking the black box gets you a great balcony!

image.png.39e393151291099437aed717e227eaec.png

Edited by wrk2cruise

I had booked a C1 in Feb 2022 on Infinity. Looks like that one has not been reclassified as SV. 

I looked at a Jan 2023 cruise and even the day it came out all the aft cabins were booked. I found that odd and even checked to see if they were available as SV (that was over a month ago). Today as I check there is the "black box" with several of the aft cabins available. 

I'm wondering if my Feb 2022 will be reclassified (and repriced?) as an SV, although with none available it's impossible to tell what pricing might be.

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We stayed in 9156 FV in 2013. I did read that after being refurbished, they would be reclassified. Hopefully, they will be easier to book, as classed as FV, they weren’t available to book for less than 5 people. As we were doing a TA, which families don’t tend to sail, they were released in June for our October sailing.We had a 1A booked, so were able to transfer at no additional cost.

31B1D447-43D9-4A01-B0A2-A7EE45DC6C47.jpeg

Pre pandemic the plan was to redo the  FVs  as the new Sunset Suites.  Pricing was between that of a Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite.  We had one booked on the Eclipse and we’re about to book one on the Connie when things shut down.

1 hour ago, dszrew said:

I'm wondering if my Feb 2022 will be reclassified (and repriced?) as an SV

No, they are showing deck plans on Infinity through 4/2022 but nothing after that.   I suspect there will be a new deck plan introduced after that with the SV's.   That's about the time frame other M class ships have changed.

16 hours ago, marieps said:

If they bothered switching Connie, perhaps that bodes well for her future with =X=.

The most recent Power Up Points quiz was about Europe 2022 and Constellation and Infinity were featured prominently as two ships that can go into more diverse ports due to their smaller size.  Many 2022 cruises on both Infinity & Connie originate in Venice.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just wish Celebrity would update their ships to show the right configuration.  I just checked the Summit & it still shows the old way.  I found out the hard way about the Constellation when we booked the TA & the cruise before in Italy for 2022 it was very confusing as what we could see on the website did not correspond to what we were being told, price wise.

Did you choose the pull down with the proper dates for your sailing.  For Summit there are 3 date ranges.  I do know there are some things different between the M class ships for example on Summit the FV cabins remain FV but on Connie they will be Sunset Suites when sailings resume even though there has been no Revolution.

image.thumb.png.4307981010cbd5e4c261e26be1d519ad.png