Jump to content

Casino free Verandah cabin offer - Volendam


DaveOKC
 Share

Recommended Posts

We received a free Verandah cabin offer from Club 21 on HAL and one of the ships it lists is the Volendam.  Only thing is, there are no Verandah cabins listed for the Volendam.  Has anyone experienced this offer?  Will they place us in a Vista cabin, or perhaps a Lanai?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also received an offer today for the free casino sailings via email, and Volendam was one of the ships in the offer.  However, I don't think mine was for a free verandah cabin, just a free cabin.  I have taken advantage of these offers in the past and usually the free cabin has always been an inside cabin and you just pay the port charges.  Once and awhile the offer will include free ocean view rooms, but I don't remember getting one for a free verandah cabin, but maybe your offer is different than mine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, travelnap said:

I also received an offer today for the free casino sailings via email, and Volendam was one of the ships in the offer.  However, I don't think mine was for a free verandah cabin, just a free cabin.  I have taken advantage of these offers in the past and usually the free cabin has always been an inside cabin and you just pay the port charges.  Once and awhile the offer will include free ocean view rooms, but I don't remember getting one for a free verandah cabin, but maybe your offer is different than mine.  

 

I, also, had a casino offer today, but was for a free inside room.  I have had a free oceanview only once, last fall.  All others have been free inside....

 

L.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I also received this offer, as well as many others. They all seem to have been for cruises that are very likely to be cancelled. Not interested!

The earliest cruise offered is 10/31/21. There are all out of the US. There is a much better chance of them going than your cruise 1/22. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Laminator said:

The earliest cruise offered is 10/31/21. There are all out of the US. There is a much better chance of them going than your cruise 1/22. 

Oh, I have no hope of our 1/22 cruise actually taking place either.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got them also, for a free Verandah, but I have my doubts that we are going to be sailing then.....  Sad, not prepared to pay HAL more money until we know... we already have 3 cruises booked for 2021 to the Baltic and 2 to Sp/Australia and NZ for 2022......   Tempting though....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get them all the time.   Rarely read them.  That's because the overwhelming majority of the "free" offers are on 7-day cruises.  I don't do short cruises.  However, when I do book a cruise (any cruise that I select, minimum 14 days but mostly longer) my PCC quotes me a surprisingly low rate and says "that's your casino discount".  So your casino discount doesn't limit you to those in the email.  You're going to get a good fare no matter what you select, although not necessarily "free".  Anyway, that's been my experience.  YMMV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We received a free Verandah cabin offer from Club 21 on HAL and one of the ships it lists is the Volendam.  Only thing is, there are no Verandah cabins listed for the Volendam.  Has anyone experienced this offer?  Will they place us in a Vista cabin, or perhaps a Lanai?

 

 

Have you noticed your offers recently have been significantly better than what they used to be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We received a free Verandah cabin offer from Club 21 on HAL and one of the ships it lists is the Volendam.  Only thing is, there are no Verandah cabins listed for the Volendam.  Has anyone experienced this offer?  Will they place us in a Vista cabin, or perhaps a Lanai?

 

 

Anyone have input on what level of cabin we would get?  Lanai or Vista?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I don't see how they could classify a Lanai as a Verandah, so I would think a Vista.

I agree, but the offer states :

If the category offered is sold out or not available on selected sailing, then the offer can be applied to the next available lower category

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I agree, but the offer states :

If the category offered is sold out or not available on selected sailing, then the offer can be applied to the next available lower category

 

I suspect you would end up in a Lanai.  The Vista is considered a suite.  I know it’s only a verandah but...I can see HAL saying there are no verandahs available, so it will be the Lanza - especially since the cruise is free.

 

Just my best guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Anyone have input on what level of cabin we would get?  Lanai or Vista?

 

We were booked in a balcony on a transatlantic that was canceled.  They offered us any other TA at same per day cost.  We chose the Voyage of the Vikings on Rotterdam which has the lanai.  They gave us a Vista.  Great deal!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kazu said:

 

I suspect you would end up in a Lanai.  The Vista is considered a suite.  I know it’s only a verandah but...I can see HAL saying there are no verandahs available, so it will be the Lanza - especially since the cruise is free.

 

Just my best guess.

Dave, I agree with Jacqui.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Anyone have input on what level of cabin we would get?  Lanai or Vista?

 

Call your PCC and have them call Club21 and go to bat for you. Club 21 pays HAL for the cabin. Hope they can work something out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mustgo said:

We chose the Voyage of the Vikings on Rotterdam which has the lanai.  They gave us a Vista.  

If you haven't had your cruise yet, then you are on Rotterdam VII which does not have Lanai, only Verandah and Vista.

If you already have had your cruise then you were on Rotterdam VI which had Lanai and Vista, but not Verandah.

Edited by VMax1700
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone had a Players' Club (or Club 21) free cruise cancelled?  Are you just SOL, or is there some reimbursement?  (I understand that it says it is non-refundable.)  Can you use HAL's cancellation insurance?

 

L.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

If you haven't had your cruise yet, then you are on Rotterdam VII which does not have Lanai, only Verandah and Vista.

If you already have had your cruise then you were on Rotterdam VI which had Lanai and Vista, but not Verandah.

It was about 3 or 4 years ago and a great cruise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was supposed to be on one in February which was cancelled. Had paid the non-refundable deposit and had gotten the cancel for any reason insurance through HAL. Called before final payment - had upgraded to a balcony - and was told it couldn't be moved, but if cancelled would refund at twice what I had into it. Would have doubled my deposit and insurance total as FCC. I opted for the refund. Have since gotten another offer and am trying again. Difference this time was they charged upfront for taxes and port fees rather than having those at final payment. Upgrade to balcony was also significantly higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 2:49 PM, leerathje said:

Has anyone had a Players' Club (or Club 21) free cruise cancelled?  Are you just SOL, or is there some reimbursement?  (I understand that it says it is non-refundable.)  Can you use HAL's cancellation insurance?

 

L.

 

Last summer we were offered an oceanview  on the Volendam so I booked it for early March 2021 hoping we may have been vaccinated by then.  We usually take longer cruises so I booked a back to back and they applied the casino offer to the second week also.  Very good deal but it was cancelled.  I had prepaid for an upgrade on both weeks.  It was cancelled within a few weeks and I had the option to take the refund or use it as FCC on a 2022 sailing which I did.  They offered a full refund and I still have until December 2021 if I decide I want my money back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...