Why all 3 Freedom Class on 3/4 nighters?

Posted (edited)

Love the Freedom class, but not at all a fan of 3's or 4's. Plus the itineraries are not worth a B2B. Too bad, but they must be big money makers. At least with Mariner you can get a 5 nighter. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

I guess maybe the Icon class could fill a spot when they start coming out, without being a Mega-ship give you an option from being on the big boys

34 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

I guess maybe the Icon class could fill a spot when they start coming out, without being a Mega-ship give you an option from being on the big boys

Icon is a Mega Ship😉

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Icon is a Mega Ship😉

Sure but 200,000 gt vs the 225gt? of Oasis and the 155?gt of Freedom, still curious if they will be 'standard' layout vs the Oasis neighbourhooods.  

17 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Sure but 200,000 gt vs the 225gt? of Oasis and the 155?gt of Freedom, still curious if they will be 'standard' layout vs the Oasis neighbourhooods.  

FWIW, Freedom has neighborhoods as well, just not as many.😉

Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone.

As far as design of Icon, follow the Icon Blocks are in the House thread

2 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

Sure but 200,000 gt vs the 225gt?

RCCL's SEC filling still lists Icon at 5,600 passengers (about the same as O class).

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 10:14 PM, long4acruise said:

We have a 9N Canada/NE booked on Freedom for this Sep in an OV large balcony.  Not sure of the status, but was looking forward to the amped Freedom this year  vs Adventure in 2022. Nothing wrong with ADV, but did B2B on her just prior to the pandemic so wanted to experience something different.

Whenever we sail or whatever ship, we'll just be excited to cruise again!

9N Canada/NE booked on Freedom for this Sep.........

That sailing has already been canceled.

CDC said no cruises longer then 7 days from United  States until aleast November 1st 2021.

Edited by Jimbo
10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, Freedom has neighborhoods as well, just not as many.😉

Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone.

As far as design of Icon, follow the Icon Blocks are in the House thread

Where are Boardwalk and Central Park on Freedom?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where are Boardwalk and Central Park on Freedom?

I said not as many😉

I just showed the Oasis list for reference 

And in all reality, access to ice rink on Freedom is disjointed, so Entertainment Place really doesn't apply very well 

Edited by John&LaLa
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I said not as many😉

I just showed the Oasis list for reference 

And somehow anyone, other that you, can figure out in that post that you went from talking about Freedom to Oasis?

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCCL's SEC filling still lists Icon at 5,600 passengers (about the same as O class).

Haven't followed Icon page much. I wonder if it will forego the open concept of CP/BW

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

And somehow anyone, other that you, can figure out in that post that you went from talking about Freedom to Oasis?

Someone's having a case of the Mondays 🤔

Sometimes you have to work a little😉

But that's ok, I get more posts mansplaining

On 2/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess is that the Navigator and Mariner proved to be so popular with the crowd that likes the 3/4 night cruises that Royal upped its game and put the Freedom class doing these short cruises, as they carry more passengers  than the Voyager class ships.  It’s all about maximizing revenue.  

The 3/4 night cruises have come a long way from the days where they were done by the oldest ships in the fleet.  Royal has set the standard on short cruises. 

Sounds reasonable. 

Many first timers take a  3/4 night cruise to see if they like cruising.  I never understood why RCCL used the oldest/weakest ships for those cruises.  I love the Voyager class (Mariner) for the 3/4 day run.   Have the Independence 4N  booked for December.  Looking forward to that ship.

M