Cruising Without Masks?

6 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

In other news, Texas is opening 100% and ending the mask mandate as of next Wednesday. I’m so ready to get back to normal, and happy to leave the masks for the people who want them. 

As tired as I am with masks, long hair, etc. I'm so glad that Texas is so far away. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I think it will be a bit more involved than a vaccination card. You could easily forge a UK vaccination card.

There was an interesting post in the P&O forum in the new vaccine thread a couple of weeks ago. A guy went for the vaccine. They gave him the card and sat him in the room. An hour later they came up to him and said what are you still doing here you can go. He said hang on a minute I haven't the had vaccination yet, you just sat me in here. But he is on the computer as having had it and has the card and they wouldn't listen to him nor check the CCTV footage. 

If it were me, I would have said, do you see any evidence of an injection in either of my arms? I don't know. This sounds fishy to me, IMHO.

23 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

In other news, Texas is opening 100% and ending the mask mandate as of next Wednesday. I’m so ready to get back to normal, and happy to leave the masks for the people who want them. 

Could be stroke of genius or a kiss of death.  Only time will tell.

Since Texas is 48th out of 50 states in rate of vaccination, though, would have thought that would have been factored in, but evidently not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m told, they take your information when vaccinated and it goes into a database. The nurse that injected me put the data in her computer. Not sure this is the case in all locations. Florida at Advent Health Daytona. 

M8

yes.  this is true in NJ as well. i was able to pull up mine online on our state website.  Your family dr office probably can do it as well.  Id be interested to see if other states can do this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  this is true in NJ as well. i was able to pull up mine online on our state website.  Your family dr office probably can do it as well.  Id be interested to see if other states can do this.

NC does.

• Like 1

Has nobody worked out yet that the Mask thing is about allowing the police and government to monitor the percentage of people who are actually following the governments control measures. They have no scientific basis for the spread of viruses. Ventilation is 1000x more effective and there is zero legislation in place for that. Ask yourself why...

If they see 9/10 people wearing a mask they can assume that 9/10 people will be following the other rules too. If they see 5/10 people wearing one they can then think up more draconian laws to force compliance until they get the masks up to 9/10. 

Governments around the world have used a combination of fear, control and free printed money to force compliance on mass populations. 

You dont need to be a conspiracy theorist to see the pattern and logic they have been following. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Has nobody worked out yet that the Mask thing is about allowing the police and government to monitor the percentage of people who are actually following the governments control measures. They have no scientific basis for the spread of viruses. Ventilation is 1000x more effective and there is zero legislation in place for that. Ask yourself why...

If they see 9/10 people wearing a mask they can assume that 9/10 people will be following the other rules too. If they see 5/10 people wearing one they can then think up more draconian laws to force compliance until they get the masks up to 9/10. 

Governments around the world have used a combination of fear, control and free printed money to force compliance on mass populations. 

You dont need to be a conspiracy theorist to see the pattern and logic they have been following. 

Well, ya kind of do need to be that, but I guess that is just me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Well, ya kind of do need to be that, but I guess that is just me.

Well the UK put behavioural psychologists on the SAGE panel for a pandemic. They said any old mask will do. doesnt matter what it is or made of. They made it mandatory in all the places they can monitor such as trains and public transport and supermarkets. No peer reviewed study required. No need to wear them in places they cant monitor such as offices. They never ever talk about if they work or any efficacy data. They never field any questions from the media about them being a waste of time. There is plenty of evidence that they might increase health problems and even infection due to touching them constantly. More covid is caught through the eyes than anywhere else on the body but there is no requirement for goggles or eye protection even though in hospital its mandatory for nurses to wear eye protection. 

Its no different than the white flag of surrender. Surrender of your freedom. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

They never field any questions from the media about them being a waste of time. There is plenty of evidence that they might increase health problems and even infection due to touching them constantly. More covid is caught through the eyes than anywhere else on the body but there is no requirement for goggles or eye protection even though in hospital its mandatory for nurses to wear eye protection. 

Its no different than the white flag of surrender. Surrender of your freedom. 

You've managed to pack lots of information with no basis in reality in only a couple of sentences.

My freedom is just fine, thank you very much.  I make my decisions on common sense and verified research.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

And Mississippi has just announced a 100% opening and lifting of all mask mandates effective immediately.

Which has nothing to do with masks on cruises.

You can wander around TX and MS all you want without a mask.  You ain't doing it on a cruise ship, not in 2021.  But hey, both TX and MS have coastlines where you can watch the ocean go by. 

• Like 1

Just now, ECCruise said:

Which has nothing to do with masks on cruises.

You can wander around TX and MS all you want without a mask.  You ain't doing it on a cruise ship, not in 2021.  But hey, both TX and MS have coastlines where you can watch the ocean go by. 

True enough. My point is that if enough people won’t cruise with a mask, it’ll be moot because the cruises won’t stay in the ports with those restrictions. I believe that the more states who open like this, the less people who aren’t on board with masks will decide to vacation back in a mask.

7 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

You've managed to pack lots of information with no basis in reality in only a couple of sentences.

My freedom is just fine, thank you very much.  I make my decisions on common sense and verified research.

Masks preventing infection from a virus has no basis in reality or science either. Seems not to matter these days.

IF they worked then there wouldnt be a pandemic would there. Pretty simple cause and effect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

True enough. My point is that if enough people won’t cruise with a mask, it’ll be moot because the cruises won’t stay in the ports with those restrictions. I believe that the more states who open like this, the less people who aren’t on board with masks will decide to vacation back in a mask.

But I contend that the vast majority of people who want to cruise will do it if a mask is required.  The European cruises have verified this.  The cruises from Singapore verify this.  The booking for the Israel cruises are through the roof in barely 24 hours verify this.  All require masks.

I am not going to let a 1 ounce piece of cloth stop me from enjoying my life and my travel.  

• Like 1

Just now, Pandamonia said:

Masks preventing infection from a virus has no basis in reality or science either. Seems not to matter these days.

IF they worked then there wouldnt be a pandemic would there. Pretty simple cause and effect. 

Au revoir. 

3 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

But I contend that the vast majority of people who want to cruise will do it if a mask is required.  The European cruises have verified this.  The cruises from Singapore verify this.  The booking for the Israel cruises are through the roof in barely 24 hours verify this.  All require masks.

I am not going to let a 1 ounce piece of cloth stop me from enjoying my life and my travel.  

Funny because RCCL have not actually come out and said masks are required on the Odyssey and yet you claim bookings are through the roof despite masks. Do you just make stuff up to suit your point?

43 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I feel you! I guess we’ll see. 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

I feel you! I guess we’ll see. 😀

Yes.

In a another world, I would want to go back to our sailings in Nov/Dec/Jan 2019 and 2020.  Not a care in the world.  But I don't see that happening for a year or so and am willing to do what we do every day when we go out (wear a mask) to travel again.

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I think it will be a bit more involved than a vaccination card. You could easily forge a UK vaccination card.

Interesting coming from someone who has already stated his intentions to lie about his vaccine timing.

• Like 1

I am sure in Egypt and other places they have tried this signing something already but the ambulance chasers find a way around it. Besides what is to stop people from lying about having the vaccine. I intend to lie about not being offered on time it so that I cancel my upcoming trip btw. Unless as you say some sanity resumes.

You misread what I wrote. I am not going to take the vaccine until taking it puts me outside of the timeline for full vaccination so therefore I will be able to cancel my upcoming trip and say I have not been offered vaccine till right now must have fell through the cracks. It will take 15 weeks to full protection on the UK vaccine rollout. If that 15 week period falls after the start of the cruise I won't be able to go 😮😈

No, you said you intend to lie. Your post was not misread.

• Like 2