Condition of the Volendam

We are considering a cruise on the Volendam which would be in Spain and Portugal during August 2022.  I read reviews from prior to the shutdown that indicated some issues with A/C and plumbing.  I am wondering if these concerns are still apt to be an issue due to the age of the ship.  The A/C at that time of the year in these countries could be a problem.

we were last on the Volendam Jan, Feb 2018, Indonesia cruise. I believe the last drydock was performed  Oct 18-31, 2019.  

We experienced no problem with our AC, or plumbing at that time.  However, with older ships these issues occur - hard to completely redo older piping and wiring systems - can repair and upgrade somewhat.

Kazu,  will await your feedback on your November and/or May sailings.  I am considering British Isles cruise August 2022 - we last visited that area is 2009 on a Princess cruise, and we have done a land tour of Ireland a few years ago.

Carol

We were on the Volendam for a month and a half ending 1/5/20 and experienced no issues with the plumbing, air conditioning, etc.  We've logged many nights on the Volendam and wouldn't hesitate to sail on it again given the right destination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

We were on the Volendam for a month and a half ending 1/5/20 and experienced no issues with the plumbing, air conditioning, etc.  We've logged many nights on the Volendam and wouldn't hesitate to sail on it again given the right destination.

I sailed on the Volendam's Christmas/New Year's cruise 2019-2020.  There was nothing about which to complain.  Like the above poster:  I have enjoyed many days on Volendam, starting with a Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale repositioning cruise in 2001.