Jump to content

Anthem UK cruises in the summer?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Agathabumble said:

Are we only allowed to shift to Allure even though both sail from Rome? 

You won't know unless and until they actually cancel Harmony. They appear to be applying different L&S rules to different rounds of cancellations. My guess is you'll likely be limited to Allure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, harrinp1 said:

I sent them an image from the RCCL showing my level/points.

They mapped my Diamond Plus to Gold - not sure if this is correct.

 

Good luck.


Sorry, another question 🙈. What issue date of the card did you put? I have no idea when we became DP members 🤷‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You won't know unless and until they actually cancel Harmony. They appear to be applying different L&S rules to different rounds of cancellations. My guess is you'll likely be limited to Allure.

Ok thank you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed the rules go in my favour 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CaroleC said:


Sorry, another question 🙈. What issue date of the card did you put? I have no idea when we became DP members 🤷‍♀️

I just used the date of my first RCCL cruise - but it wouldn't actually accept 1995 so had to use 1996!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Agathabumble said:

I am also on Harmony this year and if cancelled i want to lift and shift to Odyssey.  Are we only allowed to shift to Allure even though both sail from Rome? 

99% based on past examples they will only allow a shift to Allure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, harrinp1 said:

I just used the date of my first RCCL cruise - but it wouldn't actually accept 1995 so had to use 1996!


I’ve just emailed RC to request the info but I’m not expecting a reply any time soon lol. I think I’ll do the same as you and use the date of our first cruise with them in 2006.

 

I want to get it sorted as I’m seriously considering booking the Virtuosa if RC doesn’t make an announcement soon about UK sailings.

 

Many thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaroleC said:


I’ve just emailed RC to request the info but I’m not expecting a reply any time soon lol. I think I’ll do the same as you and use the date of our first cruise with them in 2006.

 

I want to get it sorted as I’m seriously considering booking the Virtuosa if RC doesn’t make an announcement soon about UK sailings.

 

Many thanks.

I just used the details off of the web site under https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/past-cruises

Link to post
Share on other sites

In normal times a cruise round the British Isles would definitely not be on my bucket list.

But oh my goodness 🙃 MSC Virtuosa embarkation from Liverpool.  I am seriously tempted.  

 

Come on RC please announce Harmony from Liverpool too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harrinp1 said:

I sent them an image from the RCCL showing my level/points.

They mapped my Diamond Plus to Gold - not sure if this is correct.

 

Good luck.

Yes that is correct. When the match first started they matched D+ to black (now Diamond) but they later changed and now only match to gold. Only match when you are definitely going to cruise with them as you have to cruise every 3 years to keep the status.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaroleC said:


I’ve just emailed RC to request the info but I’m not expecting a reply any time soon lol. I think I’ll do the same as you and use the date of our first cruise with them in 2006.

 

I want to get it sorted as I’m seriously considering booking the Virtuosa if RC doesn’t make an announcement soon about UK sailings.

 

Many thanks.

I just saw this that they are sailing Celebrity Silhouette starting in June from the UK.  It's just a matter of when they say anything.

 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24654-celebrity-silhouette-to-sail-in-uk-this-summer.html

Edited by Plum Happy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kernow said:

Think we'll probably book one of the 4 night MSC when they open. We've done Musica and Magnifica so it will be great to try a new, bigger ship. 

Has anyone done any research into insurance policies that will cover these cruises? We let our usual annual one lapse last year.


I think you would enjoy Virtuosa  Julie, we have been on the sister ship Grandiosa , loved , loved loved it . So much better than the first ships in the class Meraviglia and Bellisima which are smaller . They added another venue on the thoroughfare which is like the Royal Promenade on RCI which created much needed seating . If you can get a deal which includes the Premium drinks package , they were including it with Fantastica grade cabins just recently , you cannot go wrong and better still if you can get a deal in Yacht club . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tin can said:

 

Thanks for that, just found my MSC loyalty match email. I'm 'Black' apparently for being Diamond, not sure what you get but might get me a bit of a discount.


5% discount 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agathabumble said:

I am also on Harmony this year and if cancelled i want to lift and shift to Odyssey.  Are we only allowed to shift to Allure even though both sail from Rome? 

Im on harmony out of Barca so thats my problem you could L&S to Odyssey if sailing out of rome but ports are different so i dunno

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be on one of those Virtuosa cruises in a heartbeat if the stars are aligned .  We have several UK mini breaks booked from 20th June , all booked with free cancellation 😆. mmmmmmm , something to think about 😎.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agathabumble said:

I am also on Harmony this year and if cancelled i want to lift and shift to Odyssey.  Are we only allowed to shift to Allure even though both sail from Rome? 

I know last year when we L&S it had to be the same itinery a month either side. So if those rules are still the same this year then it would have to be the Allure. We moved from the Allure last year to Harmony this year. Looks like we will be L&S to the Allure next year.

 

I did fancy the Odyssey but my wife prefers the Allure itinery. I think you may be able to take a FCC and if they offer 125% that might compensate any price difference if you switched to the Odyssey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Im on harmony out of Barca so thats my problem you could L&S to Odyssey if sailing out of rome but ports are different so i dunno

Wait and see what the guidelines are when/if they cancel. 
When they cancelled Odyssey we were given total flexibility to move to any cruise/any date and the only constraint was that the duration was +/- a day.  

Alternatively the “usual” l&s guidelines was the same duration and the same sort of itinerary to be taken one year +/- 4 weeks.  You could argue that you are swapping one Med for another Med. 

But you will just have to wait and see what your options are. 

Edited by little britain
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, little britain said:

Wait and see what the guidelines are when/if they cancel. 
When they cancelled Odyssey we were given total flexibility to move to any cruise/any date and the only constraint was that the duration was +/- a day.  

Alternatively the “usual” l&s guidelines was the same duration and the same sort of itinerary to be taken one year +/- 4 weeks.  You could argue that you are swapping one Med for another Med. 

But you will just have to wait and see what your options are. 

 

Yeh not much else can do anyway i dont think.  

 

Looks like its going to be Cancun this year if can leave the country as its only place no 2 dose vaccine and no masks required. Just not sure how much fun 60% capacity will be in a resort. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have decided that we are going to try a few new cruise lines over the next few years to see what they are like.  We always enjoyed RC , but the level of indecision and messing with late cancellations has just left a sour taste when it comes to RC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, Biker19 said:

Yes.

You are supposed to.

Although one of the conditions of Lift n Shift states must be same itinerary, which for some cruises like June 4th isn't possible...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

We have decided that we are going to try a few new cruise lines over the next few years to see what they are like.  We always enjoyed RC , but the level of indecision and messing with late cancellations has just left a sour taste when it comes to RC.

Totally bang on.... decisions made in principle today.... not prepared to wait beyond this week for RC to decide whether following the others has more than ‘limited appeal’... would truly love to be going on Rhapsody as planned, then Anthem and or Harmony this summer.. and if there was any announcement pending any time soon then we would hold off.... but am afraid the paraphrased old adage is truly right in these circumstances ‘a cruise ship in the port is definitely worth more than 2 or 3 or 4 which are just on paper...’

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

We have decided that we are going to try a few new cruise lines over the next few years to see what they are like.  We always enjoyed RC , but the level of indecision and messing with late cancellations has just left a sour taste when it comes to RC.

We feel exactly the same, RC are alway last to cancel cruises, even though we all know they're going to. We were due to try NCL in July but that's likely to be cancelled, we've plenty to choose from in the UK this summer, MSC and Celebrity are looking very attractive

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, harz99 said:

Although one of the conditions of Lift n Shift states must be same itinerary, which for some cruises like June 4th isn't possible...

Not necessarily. For Odyssey we could do any cruise any time any where....the only stipulation was the duration must be +/- one day.  Naturally went for a longer cruse LOL! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received cancellation for June 11th cruise.

 

..."we’ve made the difficult decision to re-debut Anthem of the Seas in Southampton, exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom, offering Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...