Jump to content

Anthem UK cruises in the summer?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Reality is with the cruise planner pricing games RC are currently playing very few people (I was going to say no one but I guess it’s possible someone) will purchase dining and drinks packages...

 

we’ve been recording and monitoring pricing for a few of our upcoming (well hopefully) cruises for later this year and next and just laughed when we saw the ‘35% off sale...’....

 

we’d seen that RC had added (roughly and generally) about 20% to the prices we were following (still not historically cheap base level).... and then took about 10% off for the ‘sale’.... ie net net it was 10% higher on the sale than it had been only several weeks earlier!!!!!

 

When MsC and Princess are selling their drinks packages so (comparatively) cheaply when they dont already include them in the price it makes RC pricing just look crazy.... I’ve never done the math but I do wonder whether Celebrity actually work out cheaper (or very very close) given their ‘always included’ baseline offer...

Edited by BigRoger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Are people who can not have the vaccine due to health reasons be allowed to sail on anthem this summer?

Not clear yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Are people who can not have the vaccine due to health reasons be allowed to sail on anthem this summer?

All info I have seen clearly states over 18s fully vaccinated only, and over 2 weeks since the last jab. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

July 11th... 4n Seacation 

Thanks.  We sail in October.  The question will be when will they let us fly in without the quarantine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I may have missed it, but when is the first Anthem sailing?

 

July 7th.

4 night cruise with no ports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Thanks.  We sail in October.  The question will be when will they let us fly in without the quarantine.  

The criteria for these cruises are changing as time goes in.

Anthem is now 2 vaccines and under 18 needs a test. However, ship shore excursions only.

Jewel is now allowing people to get there on there own.

My neighbour lives in Cyprus half of the year and was having to come home to Uk to fly back but now he can leave from Cyprus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

July 11th... 4n Seacation 

My next door neighbour is on your Jewel cruise and in the Royal Suite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BigRoger said:

 I’ve never done the math but I do wonder whether Celebrity actually work out cheaper (or very very close) given their ‘always included’ baseline offer...

We went with Celebrity for a 7 night UK 'seacation' this August because we wanted to book a suite - for Celebrity it was £1000 cheaper for the minimum category to get the full suite experience (so sky suite on celebrity vs grand suite on royal), and that includes premium drinks and even $600 on board credit. So that's £1000 in my pocket even before thinking about getting a drink package on the equivalent Royal trip. It was a no-brainer really.

Royal's suite prices are just going nuts and the experience is not worth it compared to their sister line or something like Yacht Club on MSC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, little britain said:

Will they invite us round for a g&t?? 

I was hoping he would change to my cruise. I can put a word in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, beardedladies said:

We went with Celebrity for a 7 night UK 'seacation' this August because we wanted to book a suite - for Celebrity it was £1000 cheaper for the minimum category to get the full suite experience (so sky suite on celebrity vs grand suite on royal), and that includes premium drinks and even $600 on board credit. So that's £1000 in my pocket even before thinking about getting a drink package on the equivalent Royal trip. It was a no-brainer really.

Royal's suite prices are just going nuts and the experience is not worth it compared to their sister line or something like Yacht Club on MSC.


hi guys , long time no see! 😆. Well done on booking the Celebrity cruise 👍.

I agree with you about RCI prices and not just for the suites even inside cabins are ridiculous . RCI have guests  who are focused on C&A points and with the current double points promotion , plus more if  solo and in suites , some people may have decided to stump up those prices to get the points  rather than enjoy two or more cruises with another company , that is our theory anyway . We vote with our wallet now , only have one RCI cruise booked and that is only because it was better value to Lift and Shift to next year than take a FCC 😞

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are on the 7 July for 4 nights to nowhere. Didn't want to do MSC as you didn't have to have the two jabs. We had a lot of FCC to use that RCI may or may not given us way to much more than we expected 🙂

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, BigRoger said:

Suspect Anthem is coming to sail out of Southampton in around early to mid July with test cruises starting in June. Will be only UK nationals.
 

All on the back of most adults in UK being vaccinated by then and opening up international travel. Not sure if the ship will go anywhere except UK ports and suspect will be a requirement will be to have been vaccinated to be able to sail.

 

(interesting question whether people will have to have had 2 vaccinations or just one.... as the former will slow down return)

 

Then again I’ve been proved wrong may times before! Bill Gates is probably the person to ask as he’s making the decisions and controlling the virus according to many well balanced folk in US.... 

we have been told two jabs for our sept cruise 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:


hi guys , long time no see! 😆. Well done on booking the Celebrity cruise 👍.

I agree with you about RCI prices and not just for the suites even inside cabins are ridiculous . RCI have guests  who are focused on C&A points and with the current double points promotion , plus more if  solo and in suites , some people may have decided to stump up those prices to get the points  rather than enjoy two or more cruises with another company , that is our theory anyway . We vote with our wallet now , only have one RCI cruise booked and that is only because it was better value to Lift and Shift to next year than take a FCC 😞

 

 

Hi Heather, one day we'll see you again on board!  We still have several Royal trips booked, one in October to Spain that we're very much hoping will go ahead, and we've a TA on Anthem next May and a lifted and shifted August trip where the price is now 250% what we're paying! Should get us up to around 600 C&A points, so starting to close in on pinnacle, but if this past year has taught us anything it's that you can't rely on cruising and the benefits currently on offer always being what you think it's going to be! So happier to shop around now, pinnacle will happen in its own time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:


hi guys , long time no see! 😆. Well done on booking the Celebrity cruise 👍.

I agree with you about RCI prices and not just for the suites even inside cabins are ridiculous . RCI have guests  who are focused on C&A points and with the current double points promotion , plus more if  solo and in suites , some people may have decided to stump up those prices to get the points  rather than enjoy two or more cruises with another company , that is our theory anyway . We vote with our wallet now , only have one RCI cruise booked and that is only because it was better value to Lift and Shift to next year than take a FCC 😞

 

 


Totally agree, Royal’s prices are ridiculous at the moment. Our Anthem cruise in October, which was a L&S from last year, is now 55% more expensive for a JS than what we paid. Plus our price included a DP!
 

We have been loyal to RCI for several years now, however, really can’t justify the current high prices hence the reason why we have booked with MSC for our next 2 cruises.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sammi dee said:

we have been told two jabs for our sept cruise 

I called tonight and asked about Anthem cruises from UK This summer and got told NO VACINE REQUIRED.  YET AGAIN THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE rcl reps.  Shameful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...