Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

7 hours ago, 24acorns said:

I too bad the invite, I thought it was perhaps through taking part in the cafe royal chats.? I seem to remember in one there was mention of those taking part being given first option.

I’ve attended every coffee morning too ! 
Never mind. I can’t make that date anyway! 

41 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’ve attended every coffee morning too ! 
Never mind. I can’t make that date anyway! 

I only attended one. I didn't find them that interesting,  nothing new was said, didn't really see the point 

• Like 1

At least you lot get to hear from RCL😁. I've not even received an email since before our last cruise in Feb 2020. I think they deserve to lose customers to MSC.

When the Virtuosa cruises came out I asked on MSC FB and they said onboard loyalty benefits will still apply.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Port fees, taxes and grats

Plus drinks, it isn't an open bar like previous invites according to someone I know who is going. I am guessing just your C&A coupons then everything else at your own expense.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I only attended one. I didn't find them that interesting,  nothing new was said, didn't really see the point 

I registered for the test cruises and I think there was a survey about cruising expectations but the coffee morning things I  just deleted. I had better things to do with my time even during lockdown. Didn't see the point of rehashing over stuff read time and time again. You only have to look at what is happening still in the USA with the CDC. They are no further on 

• Like 1

Can we safely assume the new vaccination policy for US sailings (anyone over the age of 12/16 (depending on sail date) must be fully  vaccinated) will not be applied to our UK sailings?

It would cause us a big problem if that were the case as we have a 16 year with us.

I'm assuming the policy is something to do with negotiations with the CDC in North America to get sailing restarted.

31 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Can we safely assume the new vaccination policy for US sailings (anyone over the age of 12/16 (depending on sail date) must be fully  vaccinated) will not be applied to our UK sailings?

It would cause us a big problem if that were the case as we have a 16 year with us.

I'm assuming the policy is something to do with negotiations with the CDC in North America to get sailing restarted.

From the Anthem advert in UK

Screenshot_20210505-161416.thumb.png.5db16252e03f5f14c054511082b1b78c.png

30 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I cant see a european cruise having a a policy of 12-16 vaccinated  when the EU is not allowing under 16s to have the jab. Americans  are having the jab for 12+ hence the rules for all guest who can have a jab must have one.

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

From the Anthem advert in UK

Screenshot_20210505-161416.thumb.png.5db16252e03f5f14c054511082b1b78c.png

Yes , I saw that on the website - it is the current policy.

Just hoping they won't suddenly change the requirements - cannot take anything for granted at the moment!

• Like 1

Has anyone on the first or second cruise been able to do online checkin yet?

Or received notification of onboard or preboarding protocols?

If not shouldn't be long now until you do.

26 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Has anyone on the first or second cruise been able to do online checkin yet?

Or received notification of onboard or preboarding protocols?

If not shouldn't be long now until you do.

Celebrity are requiring a PCR test even for vaccinated passengers, I assume Royal with follow the same protocols?

On 4/15/2021 at 10:01 PM, MsPoppadom said:

Rules did state only one entrant per household but not sure how they'll enforce that... 🙂 Fingers crossed to all others taking part

Yeah ended up a big fat NO anyways ha ha ha ... Although they did offer 20% off cruises for 2021 lol

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, Mike.S said:

Celebrity are requiring a PCR test even for vaccinated passengers, I assume Royal with follow the same protocols?

Yes; all vaccinated guests must take a PCR test for COVID-19 within 3 days of sailing and unvaccinated guests, 2-17 years old, must take a rapid antigen test at the terminal during check-in on boarding day. All guests, two years old and older must present a negative test result in order to sail.

They have partnered with a company called Eurofins to do this or you can arrange your own and get refunded up to £100pp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes; all vaccinated guests must take a PCR test for COVID-19 within 3 days of sailing and unvaccinated guests, 2-17 years old, must take a rapid antigen test at the terminal during check-in on boarding day. All guests, two years old and older must present a negative test result in order to sail.

They have partnered with a company called Eurofins to do this or you can arrange your own and get refunded up to £100pp.

Certainly for the UK there were lots of locations to take the test, I'm heading to a travel agents near Doncaster for mine. I did consider sourcing my own closer to home, £60 for a £100 credit seemed like a good deal, however, the risk is then with me rather than RC? 

58 minutes ago, strickers said:

Certainly for the UK there were lots of locations to take the test, I'm heading to a travel agents near Doncaster for mine. I did consider sourcing my own closer to home, £60 for a £100 credit seemed like a good deal, however, the risk is then with me rather than RC? 

There certainly aren’t a lot of locations in the south…. One near Basingstoke! 

1 minute ago, little britain said:

There certainly aren’t a lot of locations in the south…. One near Basingstoke! 

I suppose it depends on your perspective, I live in Lincolnshire, a 40 minute drive each way counts as lots!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, strickers said:

I suppose it depends on your perspective, I live in Lincolnshire, a 40 minute drive each way counts as lots!

I'm leaving Edinburgh on 5th Aug and I'll stay the night in Birmingham. Birmingham Airport has a Eurofins, so I'll book that for Friday morning before heading down to Southampton for the cruise on the 7th.

As for the 15th cruise, I'll be tested on board

Edited by bigeck

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

I'm leaving Edinburgh on 5th Aug and I'll stay the night in Birmingham. Birmingham Airport has a Eurofins, so I'll book that for Friday morning before heading down to Southampton for the cruise on the 7th.

As for the 15th cruise, I'll be tested on board

Do you know how quick you get the results if you visit a Eurofins testing station.*

Thanking you in anticipation 

33 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Do you know how quick you get the results if you visit a Eurofins testing station.*

Thanking you in anticipation 

I emailed the Eurofins address include in the RC email, they said 48 hours. I also phoned the travel agent where I am having the test, they said they are having two collections a day and they see most results within 24 hours. On that basis I booked the test 2 days before sailing and as early in the morning as I could. 

1 hour ago, strickers said:

I emailed the Eurofins address include in the RC email, they said 48 hours. I also phoned the travel agent where I am having the test, they said they are having two collections a day and they see most results within 24 hours. On that basis I booked the test 2 days before sailing and as early in the morning as I could. 

Download the TrustOne app and click Royal Caribbean. Thats where to put the details and book when you get an email from Royal about 30 days out

50 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Download the TrustOne app and click Royal Caribbean. Thats where to put the details and book when you get an email from Royal about 30 days out

Did that, shows my appointment in Singapore rather than Doncaster!