Jump to content

Anthem UK cruises in the summer?


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the September cruises are only for UK passengers or also for passengers from other European countries? The cruises do show up on the German website and there is no notice saying it is only for UK passengers (I went almost through the entire booking process to check).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Does anyone know if the September cruises are only for UK passengers or also for passengers from other European countries?

It should be open to all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Does anyone know if the September cruises are only for UK passengers or also for passengers from other European countries? The cruises do show up on the German website and there is no notice saying it is only for UK passengers (I went almost through the entire booking process to check).

 Hi 

September cruises are open to all... this is in the guidance (link in previous post from Vino123).

 

GETTING READY TO CRUISE FROM SOUTHAMPTON On Anthem of the Seas

As a reminder all guests sailing on Anthem of the Seas between 07th July 2021 – 29th August 2021 must be a resident of the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands & Isle of Man).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Twolittleboys said:

Does anyone know if the September cruises are only for UK passengers or also for passengers from other European countries? The cruises do show up on the German website and there is no notice saying it is only for UK passengers (I went almost through the entire booking process to check).

Supposed to be open to all.  We are flying in from Germany for the 5 September sailing.  RCI will have us take a PCR test at the port which also works as the day 2 test for UK authorities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It should be open to all.

 

1 hour ago, TravelMadBrits said:

 Hi 

September cruises are open to all... this is in the guidance (link in previous post from Vino123).

 

GETTING READY TO CRUISE FROM SOUTHAMPTON On Anthem of the Seas

As a reminder all guests sailing on Anthem of the Seas between 07th July 2021 – 29th August 2021 must be a resident of the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands & Isle of Man).

 

44 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Supposed to be open to all.  We are flying in from Germany for the 5 September sailing.  RCI will have us take a PCR test at the port which also works as the day 2 test for UK authorities.

 

Thanks, everybody! It did look like it was open but on one travel agency website it said not so I was confused. Guess they need to update their page!

 

Also thinking of possibly going on September 5 - Hadley, are you flying with a RCI flight or independently?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have read some pages, but not all 53 🙂
 

I know RCCL are saying
'Vaccinated Guests must bring the negative result of a PCR test taken within 3 days of sailing. We will email instructions on how to register for your complimentary test approximately 14 to 18 days before your cruise'

 

Could anyone let me know how this works, and if we have to go to a testing centre, is there one near Reading or Bracknell? ... thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have read some pages, but not all 53 🙂
 

I know RCCL are saying
'Vaccinated Guests must bring the negative result of a PCR test taken within 3 days of sailing. We will email instructions on how to register for your complimentary test approximately 14 to 18 days before your cruise'

 

Could anyone let me know how this works, and if we have to go to a testing centre, is there one near Reading or Bracknell? ... thanks 

Sherfield on Lodden

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Twolittleboys said:

 

 

 

Thanks, everybody! It did look like it was open but on one travel agency website it said not so I was confused. Guess they need to update their page!

 

Also thinking of possibly going on September 5 - Hadley, are you flying with a RCI flight or independently?

We're flying independently on Lufthansa...they have a pretty good covid policy to be able to change/delay flights if needed, so we just went that way and chose to fly in the day before and stay near the port.  It was considerably less expensive when we checked.  At this point I figure the biggest risk of infection for the whole trip is the transfer from LHR to the hotel but we will wear our FFP2 masks the whole ride and hope for the best.  WeR'e vaccinated so not super worried about a medically difficult infection, but don't want to miss sailing due to a minor one either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, debsjc said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have read some pages, but not all 53 🙂
 

I know RCCL are saying
'Vaccinated Guests must bring the negative result of a PCR test taken within 3 days of sailing. We will email instructions on how to register for your complimentary test approximately 14 to 18 days before your cruise'

 

Could anyone let me know how this works, and if we have to go to a testing centre, is there one near Reading or Bracknell? ... thanks 

You get an email from celebrity giving you link to eurofins to book the test. Once you get the link and you've signed in  it gives you drop down list of counties with sites with slots available for your date . I also live in your area and we decided to book under 'greater london' , a site at a Heathrow Hotel.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

You get an email from celebrity giving you link to eurofins to book the test. Once you get the link and you've signed in  it gives you drop down list of counties with sites with slots available for your date . I also live in your area and we decided to book under 'greater london' , a site at a Heathrow Hotel.  

Sorry I just realised I said celebrity,  that's because that's who I've booked through   but I think RC is the same.  The link should come through 2-3 weeks before departure . Because we booked late I panicked that we hadn't received the link but after speaking to a lovely lady in the call  centre she sorted it out whilst I was on the phone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all. Hope ur well!

Haven't really considered RCCL UK staycations but the Anthem prices are crazy good...

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated (I can't keep up with all the different rules of the lines!) I've done MSC and Princess this summer but I think RCCL are a bit different.

Some questions:

 

- With the Covid test you have to arrange in a couple of days time before the criuses is it nasal and throat swab??

 

- I believe the buffet is closed for dinner (sob sob) are there many/any quick alternatives other than the MDR/Speciality?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Hi all. Hope ur well!

Haven't really considered RCCL UK staycations but the Anthem prices are crazy good...

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated (I can't keep up with all the different rules of the lines!) I've done MSC and Princess this summer but I think RCCL are a bit different.

Some questions:

 

- With the Covid test you have to arrange in a couple of days time before the criuses is it nasal and throat swab??

 

- I believe the buffet is closed for dinner (sob sob) are there many/any quick alternatives other than the MDR/Speciality?

 

Covid test was nasal only at Eurofins when we had ours.

 

Buffet was open for dinner from 18.00 - 20.30 on the 1st August cruise. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smedley_odwin said:

 

Covid test was nasal only at Eurofins when we had ours.

 

Buffet was open for dinner from 18.00 - 20.30 on the 1st August cruise. 

It was closed last week and this week. 1600 on board this week but they need upwards of 2000.

2400 next week including 800 under 18's

I like the windjammer at night but closes a 3pm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

It was closed last week and this week. 1600 on board this week but they need upwards of 2000.

2400 next week including 800 under 18's

I like the windjammer at night but closes a 3pm

@bigeck Do you know how many the following week (5th Sept)?

Edited by gumshoe958
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

It was closed last week and this week. 1600 on board this week but they need upwards of 2000.

2400 next week including 800 under 18's

I like the windjammer at night but closes a 3pm

My goodness that is a lot of unvaccinated kids!

Do you know when UK schools are back in session and the numbers of children are likely to drop back down?

I was thinking probably by the end of August, but maybe not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

My goodness that is a lot of unvaccinated kids!

Do you know when UK schools are back in session and the numbers of children are likely to drop back down?

I was thinking probably by the end of August, but maybe not?

Think school goes back first week or so of Sep

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

My goodness that is a lot of unvaccinated kids!

Do you know when UK schools are back in session and the numbers of children are likely to drop back down?

I was thinking probably by the end of August, but maybe not?

My son goes back to school Wednesday 8th September. I wouldn't risk the 5th September sailing if you'd rather avoid children 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

My son goes back to school Wednesday 8th September. I wouldn't risk the 5th September sailing if you'd rather avoid children 

thanks, that is what we are on and I was hopeful it was after summer holidays  but unsure.

 

Generally speaking I am fine with kids...but I do want to avoid having more than a small percentage of unvaccinated passengers onboard, which right now means avoiding kids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

thanks, that is what we are on and I was hopeful it was after summer holidays  but unsure.

 

Generally speaking I am fine with kids...but I do want to avoid having more than a small percentage of unvaccinated passengers onboard, which right now means avoiding kids.

Scottish children back at school this week, resy of uk back at school the week commencing 6th sep, or some time in that week.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Covid Testing - Eurofins

 

Does anyone have any info in where we can go for our Eurofins test as we have just booked on the Anthem today and I know RC will let us know nearer the date but anyone has a list of places I would really appreciate this.  We live in West Yorkshire.

 

 

Many thanks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...