Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

thanks, that is what we are on and I was hopeful it was after summer holidays  but unsure.

Generally speaking I am fine with kids...but I do want to avoid having more than a small percentage of unvaccinated passengers onboard, which right now means avoiding kids.

As FamilyCruiserUK has said, the majority of English children will be returning to school during the week commencing 6th September. You should be ok on the 5th’s sailing, I’d be very surprised if the same numbers are on board as this month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Covid Testing - Eurofins

Does anyone have any info in where we can go for our Eurofins test as we have just booked on the Anthem today and I know RC will let us know nearer the date but anyone has a list of places I would really appreciate this.  We live in West Yorkshire.

Many thanks.

Harrogate, Leeds or Crosshills? 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, debsjc said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have read some pages, but not all 53 🙂

I know RCCL are saying
'Vaccinated Guests must bring the negative result of a PCR test taken within 3 days of sailing. We will email instructions on how to register for your complimentary test approximately 14 to 18 days before your cruise'

Could anyone let me know how this works, and if we have to go to a testing centre, is there one near Reading or Bracknell? ... thanks 

We did our at a small place off Junc 11 of the M4 heading down the A33. We are in Bracknell

23 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

My goodness that is a lot of unvaccinated kids!

Do you know when UK schools are back in session and the numbers of children are likely to drop back down?

I was thinking probably by the end of August, but maybe not?

As posted, different areas has different dates.

They said it was due to cancelling Northern Europe cruises they have jumped on this one and the next one.

Last week was 1200 inc. 200 kids.

This cruise we have 1510 inc. 310 kids. 100 didn't make it and we have 1380 crew.

Glad I'm getting off on Monday

• Like 2

Hi

In regards to testing, if I am sailing on a Saturday, when is the earliest I can get the PCR test done, is it the Wednesday before.  I know its 3 days but does that include the Saturday?

I noticed Eurofins have opened a few more testing centres now, one being in Cardiff

16 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Hi

In regards to testing, if I am sailing on a Saturday, when is the earliest I can get the PCR test done, is it the Wednesday before.  I know its 3 days but does that include the Saturday?

I noticed Eurofins have opened a few more testing centres now, one being in Cardiff

My email for a Saturday departure said 1st choice Wednesday   and second choice Thursday for the pcr test

My boarding time is 1pm on Saturday so I booked the pcr for 1.30 on Wednesday 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Ok, great, I want to get it done as early as possible so hopefully be able to do the Wednesday.  If they actually give you times on the email I suppose that avoids any confusion.

I don't sail until Oct 9, so am over thinking things I think.

4 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Ok, great, I want to get it done as early as possible so hopefully be able to do the Wednesday.  If they actually give you times on the email I suppose that avoids any confusion.

I don't sail until Oct 9, so am over thinking things I think.

I'm sailing with Celebrity but I think they use the same system . You'll be sent a link 20 days before departure to book with eurofins. That link will take you through which dates and times are available in your preferred area 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I'm sailing with Celebrity but I think they use the same system . You'll be sent a link 20 days before departure to book with eurofins. That link will take you through which dates and times are available in your preferred area 

Great, sounds idiot proof, which is what I need haha

Hi...I am looking for a recomendation for transfers between LHR and Southapmton.

I would especially like any company who confirms they only use vaccinated drivers, or drivers who test negative that day (I don't know if this is even somehting that is being done, but it if it I would be very happy to patronize such a company...I figure that 90 minutes in a small vehcile with a driver is riskiest part of our whole trip).

Hi

I upgraded my room to Grand suite , though royalup for the coming trip in few days.

Edoc and set sail pass confirm the new suite. However, I am having trouble getting the priority boarding. All of us are checking in at 3pm while my youngest 7 y.o is checking in at 1:30. Replied from emails and chat are pretty much useless. Effectively asking me to stick to the given time, and was told priority boarding was suspended. 

1. Does anyone has any experience with priority boarding ? Do I not have a option of boarding earlier ?

2. Can I turn up earlier than check in time ? As I need to drive at least 3hours , will have to leave much earlier to avoid delay.

3. Any other useful email for RCI  to get some help and support ?

4. I have not received any introduction email from concierge. 5 more days to go before cruise. I am wondering if upgrade means more money but don’t expect standard perks.

Thank you for your help

47 minutes ago, AOR said:

Welcome to CC. Don't expect timely replies via e-mail. They may reply more via social media. Read CC here for most info.

BTW, what was the min bid and is that what you got the upgrade for?

Edited by Biker19

Could anyone please point me to recent (ha, or what we think of as recent at this time) MDR menus and cruise compasses? We haven't sailed with Royal in several years so would like to see what food/activities are like now before deciding on which cruise to book. Thanks!

1 hour ago, AOR said:

Hi

I upgraded my room to Grand suite , though royalup for the coming trip in few days.

Edoc and set sail pass confirm the new suite. However, I am having trouble getting the priority boarding. All of us are checking in at 3pm while my youngest 7 y.o is checking in at 1:30. Replied from emails and chat are pretty much useless. Effectively asking me to stick to the given time, and was told priority boarding was suspended. 

1. Does anyone has any experience with priority boarding ? Do I not have a option of boarding earlier ?

2. Can I turn up earlier than check in time ? As I need to drive at least 3hours , will have to leave much earlier to avoid delay.

4. I have not received any introduction email from concierge. 5 more days to go before cruise. I am wondering if upgrade means more money but don’t expect standard perks.

Thank you for your help

We travelled over 7 hrs to get to  Southampton,  our time slot was 1 pm, but on arrival  at 11.20 am no body checked our time and on board in cabin by 12.05. There was no priority boarding on our sailing

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know how the price of the drinks package is if you wait until you are onboard to buy?

I saw a post somewhere that said they were doing a buy one get one half price on board? We are undecided if we want/need it, we are used to the Diamond Lounge before covid *hic* lol and so not sure if with the 4 Diamond drinks per day at anytime would make the £47+ a day worth it or not.

1 hour ago, legospice said:

Does anyone happen to know how the price of the drinks package is if you wait until you are onboard to buy?

It varies, though not as much as online. The list price invariably will be higher than online but there are discounts on board as well. You'd have to drink at least 9 drinks per day (4D drinks + 5 from package) to make it worth it 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, legospice said:

Hi all,

I saw a post somewhere that said they were doing a buy one get one half price on board? We are undecided if we want/need it, we are used to the Diamond Lounge before covid *hic* lol and so not sure if with the 4 Diamond drinks per day at anytime would make the £47+ a day worth it or not.

I have seen reports of $90 + $45 for the second person 

• Thanks 1