Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Sod’s law prevails….. because it’s so miserable today we decided to have a morning reading in the cabin! Just ventured out for lunch and quiz’s!

just to echo posts from others…. The cruise has been awesome…. Very little difference from a ‘normal’ pre pandemic cruise… the staff have been fantastic and the entertainment totally brilliant (almost too much of it)….. 

we saw some members of the WWRY cast ‘in concert’ last night…. Fantastic stuff…. And the outfit and shoes of the lovely and incredible lady who plays scaramouche was truly something to behold…. 

Are masks provided ?

Thank you

Guest BigRoger
2 hours ago, AOR said:

Are masks provided ?

Thank you

Obviously expectation is you’ll come masked up for boarding but you’ll find a mask for each guest in your stateroom when you arrive there (sea pass card is outside the cabin)

3 hours ago, AOR said:

Are masks provided ?

Thank you

A couple will be left in your cabin, however, you probably need to take your own supply also. We’re advised at work (NHS hospital) that they’re ineffective after 4 hours and therefore need to be changed regularly.

1 hour ago, Ms Jo UK said:

If we sail  on a Sunday at 6pm what is the earliest we can book a test to satisfy the 3 day requirement.

after a bit of digging I found on RCL site that its 3 days before not including the sailing date, so for you that will be Thursday.

I asked this earlier in this thread and apparently they tell you what dates you can book the free test.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
2 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Joff Eaton was CD on our 7th August cruise

Yep it is Joff and he (and his team) have been excellent

Are all excursions booked up in advance or is there still availability? I'm looking st booking a cruise specifically to travel to Belfsst for Giants Causeway and can find no information on excursions. Celebrity guests not on excursions were not allowed off in Belfast three days ago so want to be sure before I book cruise. Cannot find any pre cruise info on this so basically being told to book blind which is a bit unhelpful.

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Are all excursions booked up in advance or is there still availability? I'm looking st booking a cruise specifically to travel to Belfsst for Giants Causeway and can find no information on excursions. Celebrity guests not on excursions were not allowed off in Belfast three days ago so want to be sure before I book cruise. Cannot find any pre cruise info on this so basically being told to book blind which is a bit unhelpful.

We are booked on 2nd Oct cruise and there is an excursion to Giants Causeway available in the planner.

'

OVERVIEW

Legend has it this wonder was built by an Irish giant in an effort to reach his ladylove, a Scottish giant. Perhaps, a tall tale was the only way the ancients could explain this mass of 40,000 basalt columns, some as high as 40 feet that descend into the sea. Explore this intriguing display born from an ancient volcanic eruption. Afterwards, make a stop to snap a photo of Dunluce Castle, heralded as one of the most romantic settings in Ireland. BW75'

£84.35 per adult, 6 hours 30 min duration.

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I was on that Celeb cruise and the other thing to note is that they have stopped the shuttle bus from the visitors centre to the site which cuts the time available down at the causeway and it is a quite steep walk coming back.May be an image of nature

• Like 2

Hi, today we finished our wonderful 8 day cruise on Anthem. The staff, food and entertainment were all fantastic.

I wanted to answer the question that a couple of people have asked about the PCR testing as we couldn’t find this information ourselves - we did not have a eurofins near to us in N.Ireland so opted to arrange our own test (via Randox, we went to one of their testing facilities and had the results in less than 12 hours, highly recommend). At checkin we presented proof of our negative result and as soon as we were onboard we could see a $140 obc per person on our account.

if I can answer any Qs please do let me know!

• Like 3

We've been looking at the 7 night out of Southampton on Sep 12. Still not booked yet, seems there's a fair few balcony cabins still available although I'm pretty resigned to the fact I should have booked when the £80 discount was on a couple of weeks ago. I saw some comments earlier that the buffet wasn't open, is that still true or did I miss something?

The buffet is open for breakfast and lunch only. The staff told us that once the ship is at 70% capacity they will be able to bring more staff back and reopen the windjammer in the evening. We do love the buffet but we were more than happy with the food and service in the main dining on this cruise!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruisingCats5 said:

if I can answer any Qs please do let me know!

How did you find the weather during the cruise? I appreciate that UK cruises are somewhat unpredictable but did you have any issues with storms, etc or was it all relatively smooth sailing?

9 minutes ago, CruisingCats5 said:

The buffet is open for breakfast and lunch only. The staff told us that once the ship is at 70% capacity they will be able to bring more staff back and reopen the windjammer in the evening. We do love the buffet but we were more than happy with the food and service in the main dining on this cruise!

Thanks. I can live with that, we almost always use MDR in the evenings anyway, but couldn't live without a buffet breakfast 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, travelsoftwo said:

How did you find the weather during the cruise? I appreciate that UK cruises are somewhat unpredictable but did you have any issues with storms, etc or was it all relatively smooth sailing?

The weather was absolutely fine, most of the days in Scotland were a bit grey, but the day in Liverpool was good, and the last day at sea was lovely and sunny. There was just 1 slightly rough day at the beginning as we ventured up the North Sea towards Scotland. The captain had warned us about rough seas but to be honest we only felt a light sway. 

Guest BigRoger
32 minutes ago, CruisingCats5 said:

When I looked earlier at lunchtime I’m sure the windjammer is open for dinner tonight…. Yep opens at 6pm tonight……And presumably rest of this cruise given 2,500 passengers including 800 kids - be intersting if solarium bistro makes an appearance 

Edited by BigRoger