Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

8 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I haven't received anything from Royal about my test yet, should I be worried?

I would call, but the wait time for someone to answer seems to be about 40 minutes

Depends when your cruise is, should be about 14-12 days before.

10 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I haven't received anything from Royal about my test yet, should I be worried?

I would call, but the wait time for someone to answer seems to be about 40 minutes

I think you should have had it by now, try the live chat on the website, they are very quick.

We always leave our stateroom attendant a little extra something but I’m unsure whether to give him/her dollars or sterling. I was thinking it may be preferable for sterling to be left as it can then be spent if they’re able to going ashore in the ports. However, as the currency used onboard is dollars, they may prefer that. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We always leave our stateroom attendant a little extra something but I’m unsure whether to give him/her dollars or sterling. I was thinking it may be preferable for sterling to be left as it can then be spent if they’re able to going ashore in the ports. However, as the currency used onboard is dollars, they may prefer that. Thoughts?

We always leave Dollars as it is the currency of the cruise line and think it is better for them to exchange on the ship

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaroleC said:

We give whatever we happen to have either Sterling or dollars. I think there are enough staff onboard to do exchanges with if not what want. 
Are RC staff allowed off in ports U.K.? The MSC ones couldn’t leave the ship.

12 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

We give whatever we happen to have either Sterling or dollars. I think there are enough staff onboard to do exchanges with if not what want. 
Are RC staff allowed off in ports U.K.? The MSC ones couldn’t leave the ship.

Oh I’m not sure if they are allowed now you’ve mentioned it Terri. Think I’ll just get some extra dollars and leave those, seems the best idea. We’re on the Anthem in less than 2 weeks, really looking forward to it. I bet you and Rocco are too

23 hours ago, little britain said:

Has anyone experienced being charged corkage for wine ? I have not seen this mentioned. Thanks.

We have never ever been charged corkage when we took a bottle of wine to any venue on RCI ships, I know Celebrity used to but they are all inclusive now . 
On one cruise we got sent a bottle of wine which wasn’t the best and swapped it for a better one from our  C&A ones and took it to Giovanni’s and left the card on it from the HD  😂
It is the only cheap thing that we have ever done but worth it 😂 

Edited by heatherb1958

46 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Do they still have the WOW bands?  And if so, do you still need to carry your sea pass card?

Only for Star Class guests now (although, if you have one from a previous cruise you can still get it reprogrammed and use it)

You need to carry it when leaving/re-boarding the ship at ports, however not the rest of the time.

Edited by ukrccl_a
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, CaroleC said:

Oh I’m not sure if they are allowed now you’ve mentioned it Terri. Think I’ll just get some extra dollars and leave those, seems the best idea. We’re on the Anthem in less than 2 weeks, really looking forward to it. I bet you and Rocco are too

Hello,

On Anthem last week I was told that crew were not allowed off independently. However, and I think this is an outrage, crew could go on an organised 'excursion' to Tesco (within walking distance) and pay $10 for the privilege!

Regards,

Cublet

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

On Anthem last week I was told that crew were not allowed off independently. However, and I think this is an outrage, crew could go on an organised 'excursion' to Tesco (within walking distance) and pay $10 for the privilege!

Regards,

Cublet

That’s awful Cublet! Most of us would pay $10 not to go!!

Joking aside that really is unkind especially considering how hard they work. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, CaroleC said:

Just over three weeks for us Carole! We board on the 20th and you’re right it will be great to be away again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

That’s so bad! Well I’ll definitely be leaving dollars rather than sterling then. Can’t believe the poor crew have to pay to go to Tesco, I agree, it’s outrageous.