Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Rumours of Disney Magic joining the UK departures.

I think Royal are playing a dangerous game not offering anything out of the UK this summer.

There is obviously a demand for cruises around the UK, how many people will jump to competitors in order to get away and potentially not return to Royal (except FCC lift and shift)... they may find alternatives better. We stick with Royal because that’s all we know and we know what we are getting but if we can’t get it this year... it’s our excuse to try others. 

They need to lay their cards on the table so the customers know where to stand.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

I think Royal are playing a dangerous game not offering anything out of the UK this summer.

There is obviously a demand for cruises around the UK, how many people will jump to competitors in order to get away and potentially not return to Royal (except FCC lift and shift)... they may find alternatives better. We stick with Royal because that’s all we know and we know what we are getting but if we can’t get it this year... it’s our excuse to try others. 

Couldn't agree more, we're also loyal RC customers though have been tempted to try to competition (due to try NCL in July, no chance it will sail), theres plenty of choice sailing for the UK, could find ourselves trying MSC or Princess for the first time. Do like to X Silhouette rumour, that's very tempting.

15 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

See posts on X board  unofficial reports that X Silhouette will be sailing from Southampton from June to August. Maybe there will be an imminent  announcement from Royal?

Admittedly, It’s very detailed with dates and itineraries and ports....🤔

3 hours ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

http://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/disney-cruise-line-confirms-uk-sea-staycations

Just read about Disney confirming sea staycations from UK

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

.... and here come Cunard with 13 seacations exclusively for UK guests.  Going on sale March 31. 

I wonder if all these ships are going to go clockwise or anti clockwise around the UK in some sort of convoy....?? 🤔

Going to have to have traffic lights in the Channel!

• Haha 1

Guest BigRoger

Maybe we could invent a new sport for this summer? cruise ship racing.... the super liner equivalent to the Cowes regatta...

So this makes:

Cunard, Queen Elizabeth 

Tradewind, golden horizon

Fred Olson, Bolette

P@O, Iona and  Britannia

Princess, Sky and Regal 

Celebrity, Silhouette ?? 

Disney Magic

Any others? 

Edited by sgmn

24 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So this makes:

Cunard, Queen Elizabeth 

Fred Olson, Bolette

P@O, Iona and  Britannia

Princess, Sky and Regal 

Celebrity, Silhouette ?? 

Disney Magic

Any others? 

Don't forget Viking (Venus), MSC (TBA and possibly Marella.

Plenty to choose from

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

So this makes:

Cunard, Queen Elizabeth 

Fred Olson, Bolette

P@O, Iona and  Britannia

Princess, Sky and Regal 

Celebrity, Silhouette ?? 

Disney Magic

Any others? 

I had a thought that the Virgin Cruise ship might make an appearance at some point but not sure where that is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

They still haven't cancelled the Summer Anthem cruises yet. My June 11 9 Night Norwegian Fjord Cruise is still listed as a go, and can still book the 6 June/July cruises. I already re-booked a replacement Arctic Circle cruise for 2022, so just waiting for this to get cancelled. We can't figure out why it hasn't been already. Especially since we are in the US and would be flying over.

9 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I’m booked on Anthem out of Southampton in Sept and am still really hopeful.  

We have booked in October,  including Anthem's TA (for which there are lots of problems).   I keep hoping. 

4 hours ago, RobInMN said:

They still haven't cancelled the Summer Anthem cruises yet. My June 11 9 Night Norwegian Fjord Cruise is still listed as a go, and can still book the 6 June/July cruises. I already re-booked a replacement Arctic Circle cruise for 2022, so just waiting for this to get cancelled. We can't figure out why it hasn't been already. Especially since we are in the US and would be flying over.

We are in the same boat (LOL) with the June 11 reservations and are waiting for the cancellation.  We also booked the Artic Circle for 2022.  The June cruise was already a replacement for Aug of 2020 that was supposed to go out of Copenhagen.  Hoping that the third time is a charm. 

17 hours ago, sgmn said:

So this makes:

Cunard, Queen Elizabeth 

Fred Olson, Bolette

P@O, Iona and  Britannia

Princess, Sky and Regal 

Celebrity, Silhouette ?? 

Disney Magic

Any others? 

Saga too. 
Hasn’t FO got 2 ships here? Bolette and Borealis. 
MSC go on sale in April, don’t know ship, itineraries or prices yet. 

• Like 1

It looks like its going to be Harmony cruising from the UK and not Anthem.

We were due to sail on Harmony from Barcelona 11th July.

I called RC to ask what was happening and was it going ahead.

The lady said that it was cancelled as they are going to move the ship to the uk, but hasnt been announced yet and that expect an announcement in May.

She said not to do anything yet until they announce it, but 99% at the moment the Harmony is not going from Barcelona in July.

Edited by Daithi2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

It looks like its going to be Harmony cruising from the UK and not Anthem.

We were due to sail on Harmony from Barcelona 11th July.

I called RC to ask what was happening and was it going ahead.

The lady said that it was cancelled as they are going to move the ship to the uk, but hasnt been announced yet and that expect an announcement in May.

She said not to do anything yet until they announce it, but 99% at the moment the Harmony is not going from Barcelona in July.

If this is true then saves my airfare and hotels to barcelona as i have a cruise booked for Aug from barcelona

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If this is true then saves my airfare and hotels to barcelona as i have a cruise booked for Aug from barcelona

i dont know about August, but we could not get an answer via email from them at all.  Then when I called and asked what options I have if the cruise is to be cancelled closer to sailing date, she said it looks like its cancelled now, but not official yet.  She advised me to wait until May as they are due to make an announcement about July cancellations at the start of May.  And also there should be an announcement about the ship sailing out of the uk.  Nothing firmed up yet, but she thought it was 99% certain that our cruise on the Harmony is cancelled.

Personally I dont see any cruises leaving from Spain until at least September.  They are so slow with the vaccine rollout, even September would be a miracle.

Best to call them and see if they will give you any info.  At least ask them to tell you when they will be confirming or cancelling your cruise.

10 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

i dont know about August, but we could not get an answer via email from them at all.  Then when I called and asked what options I have if the cruise is to be cancelled closer to sailing date, she said it looks like its cancelled now, but not official yet.  She advised me to wait until May as they are due to make an announcement about July cancellations at the start of May.  And also there should be an announcement about the ship sailing out of the uk.  Nothing firmed up yet, but she thought it was 99% certain that our cruise on the Harmony is cancelled.

Personally I dont see any cruises leaving from Spain until at least September.  They are so slow with the vaccine rollout, even September would be a miracle.

Best to call them and see if they will give you any info.  At least ask them to tell you when they will be confirming or cancelling your cruise.

My other issue will be the vaccine at the mo being 42 i have to wait and may not get the 2nd jab by aug.......Will leave it a few weeks then give them a call

You would like to think they get in early as the competition has done. 

1 hour ago, Daithi2021 said:

The front line CSRs are one of the last ones to get real info about ship positioning. Yeah, Harmony may be moved to Poole Bay after her dry dock to sit in warm layup (like Allure did), but not to sail with passengers from the UK.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 4

I know that RCI normally cancel cruises after final payment to help their cashflow, I have already had one cruise where I had to pay and then get a refund, but it would be nice to have some notice if they are moving the Harmony to the UK.

Could they have the Harmony and the Anthem?

As I am booked on the Anthem in August it would be nice to know if my cruise will be canceled or switched to the Harmony. Would they cancel all bookings and start again or let people who already have bookings have the first call on cabins?

I am already booked on MSC next July so Lift and Shift would be no use in this situation, nor could I use FCC.

Edited by alistairg

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The front line CSRs are one of the last ones to get real info about ship positioning. Yeah, Harmony may be moved to Poole Bay after her dry dock to sit in warm layup (like Allure did), but not to sail with passengers from the UK.

Seems strange though, why drop anchor when all your competitors are looking at making the $$ on UK cruises. Her size would be perfect for social distancing as well.