Cruise ship will be fully vaccinated..?

Porcupine 52

Just now, Peregrina651 said:

Country specific warnings will probably be covered on MVJ, just as they had been pre-pandemic for visas and for inoculations. I guess this is something we will have to keep an eye on once we can actually get into MVJ to manage these bookings.

Good point. I don't recall seeing any country specific advisories in my MVJ, but it's possible I just didn't look. 🙄

10 hours ago, CharTrav said:

the requirement, such as Iceland and Bermuda have, to pre-register before departure

I guess I would have thought that the pre-registration would come from Viking for its pax and crew.  Perhaps that is naive.  Let’s keep sharing info as we get it.  Also, I am assuming that my CDC vaccine card is sufficient proof.  It’s all we have.

Edited by SantaFe1

21 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I guess I would have thought that the pre-registration would come from Viking for its pax and crew.  Perhaps that is naive.  Let’s keep sharing info as we get it.  Also, I am assuming that my CDC vaccine card is sufficient proof.  It’s all we have.

I was going to ask that question in the email I sent Viking and did at one point. But when I looked at the pre-reg form for Iceland decided not to (didn't check Bermuda.) Perhaps I should have left the question there. Will share what I learn. 

2 hours ago, CharTrav said:

I was going to ask that question in the email I sent Viking and did at one point. But when I looked at the pre-reg form for Iceland decided not to (didn't check Bermuda.) Perhaps I should have left the question there. Will share what I learn. 

For those interested in Bermuda - here is the site for information on entry to Bermuda during COVID times, dated April 2, 2021.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/bta/press-release/bermuda-tourism-authority-update

20 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Good point. I don't recall seeing any country specific advisories in my MVJ, but it's possible I just didn't look. 🙄

I expect that it would booking by booking.  The new itineraries are not yet accessible on MVJ, so know way of checking it out at this point.  

10 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

In two Viking world cruises, they have taken care of every item of clearance, immigration, inspection necessary.  I don't think they will stop taking care of those type things now.

Yes but guests, except maybe on the WCs,  are responsible for making sure that they have all of the paperwork required -- visas, vaccinations, etc.  

4 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

I expect that it would booking by booking.  The new itineraries are not yet accessible on MVJ, so know way of checking it out at this point.  

Yes but guests, except maybe on the WCs,  are responsible for making sure that they have all of the paperwork required -- visas, vaccinations, etc.  

Yet another reason to take a WC.🍸

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Like Iceland's approach better. 

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Iceland. Hope to get there someday - probably will do it with Collette and add a pre and post-extension. Even then it doesn't come up to two weeks.