Jump to content

Guaranteed, available and waitlisted


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Asking seasoned Regent travelers to explain to me the difference between the three terms Guaranteed, Available and Wait listed on the Regent web site in the

various  room categories.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Available = you can book it.

Waitlisted = you can not book it but you can get in line. A deposited waitlist position fills first. You can waitlist up to 6 categories.

Guaranteed = you can book this category and you will get at least this category room but you will not be assigned an actual cabin until possibly the day of sailing - although it is usually earlier.

Edited by Pcardad
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 3:33 PM, Pcardad said:

Waitlisted = you can not book it but you can get in line. A deposited waitlist position fills first. You can waitlist up to 6 categories.

If you waitlist multiple categories, would a deposit on only one of them put you in the "deposited" line for all of them?   Is the deposit the full deposit amount as if you were booking, or a reduced amount?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, Pcardad said:

Available = you can book it.

Waitlisted = you can not book it but you can get in line. A deposited waitlist position fills first. You can waitlist up to 6 categories.

Guaranteed = you can book this category and you will get at least this category room but you will not be assigned an actual cabin until possibly the day of sailing - although it is usually earlier.

This is 100% correct, but if you're not really familiar with Guarantee (GTY) bookings, you might want to be careful. The GTY cabin could be in an undesirable location and you're stuck with it. And the idea that you could get an upgrade is often misunderstood. It almost always means an upgrade to a "better" location within the cabin category you booked---"better" by the cruise line's definition, not necessarily yours---and not to a higher cabin category. A GTY booking will rarely, if ever, get you upgraded from an inside to a balcony, say, or a concierge to a penthouse. I would rather study the deck plans carefully and pick the exact cabin that's right for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

If you waitlist multiple categories, would a deposit on only one of them put you in the "deposited" line for all of them?   Is the deposit the full deposit amount as if you were booking, or a reduced amount?

Yes....1 deposit is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

A GTY booking will rarely, if ever, get you upgraded from an inside to a balcony, say, or a concierge to a penthouse. I would rather study the deck plans carefully and pick the exact cabin that's right for me.

Regent now has inside suites?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

 And the idea that you could get an upgrade is often misunderstood. It almost always means an upgrade to a "better" location within the cabin category you booked---"better" by the cruise line's definition, not necessarily yours---and not to a higher cabin category. A GTY booking will rarely, if ever, get you upgraded from an inside to a balcony, say, or a concierge to a penthouse. I would rather study the deck plans carefully and pick the exact cabin that's right for me.

This is just not true on Regent. The only times I've taken GTYs on Regent, I've wound up in a higher category. And Regent doesn't have inside cabins. In fact, it has only one ship that is not all-balcony. However, it is true that you could wind up in a cabin that YOU find less desirable--such as an aft cabin on Navigator or a penthouse under the pool deck--even though Regent puts it in a higher category.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nfcu said:

Regent now has inside suites?

 

40 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Jimd3636

 

NO inside cabins on Regent.

 

Peggy

A careless mistake on my part. I had just been on the Oceania board (I've taken several cruises on that line), and was still thinking of their deck plans when I made the comment about Regent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we have opted for a GTY with Regent we have always been happy with the suite allocated and have had the following range of experiences:

  • upgraded to the next category level (for us, never more than one level of upgrade)
  • suite allocated in the same category level
  • suite allocated soon after initial booking
  • suite not allocated until check-in at the port

We have a theory, perhaps erroneous, that there is more chance of receiving an upgrade if opting for a GTY on a popular cruise after final payment is due i.e. on a late booking.

 

Yes, you need to be prepared for any suite to be allocated in either the grade booked or one above.

For most of Regent ships this is not an issue. However, on Navigator the aft vibration can be annoying; on Mariner most prefer the suites equipped with shower only rather than the tub/shower combo. If these issues are of concern then don't book a GTY on those ships.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...