Jump to content

Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Cruise Vacations on Roundtrip Southampton Sailings through September 25, 2021


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, dog said:

Mean no longer see prices for my March 28/22 Sky Princess cruise out of Southampton. Was there yesterday as I rebooked to change cabin/ got price drop again. 
hope this is not cancelled. It is first sailing 2022 on Sky from Southampton UK 

It is on the website when I checked just now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So - Sky cruises being moved to Crown cruises? Since Sky > Crown, how is this going to work?

 

 

In other words, Crown has 600 fewer guests than Sky, so will Princess be able to move everyone from Sky over to Crown?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LT Hambone said:

So - Sky cruises being moved to Crown cruises? Since Sky > Crown, how is this going to work?

 

 

In other words, Crown has 600 fewer guests than Sky, so will Princess be able to move everyone from Sky over to Crown?

 

Not everyone will want to move to the cruise in 2022. Some will just cancel. Some (like us) are moving to a cruise in 2022 with the same ports, but in a different month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LT Hambone said:

So - Sky cruises being moved to Crown cruises? Since Sky > Crown, how is this going to work?

 

 

In other words, Crown has 600 fewer guests than Sky, so will Princess be able to move everyone from Sky over to Crown?

I'm fairly certain the Sky cruise was not booked to capacity and there will be plenty of space on the Crown for those that want to make the switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good points -

 

 

We were originally booked on the 14 day Island cruise 27 Jul, and we proactively re-booked to the 12 day Crown on 1 Aug 2022. Glad we did because we got better cabins, better perks, and saved a lot of $$$. I've been watching this cruise start filling up today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

 

Not everyone will want to move to the cruise in 2022. Some will just cancel. Some (like us) are moving to a cruise in 2022 with the same ports, but in a different month.

 

We are among those who won't move to the suggested cruise in 2022 nor will our friends.  Interestingly enough the prices are lower on the Crown for the suggested cruise than they were on the Sky, and that applies to both of us (we had a mini suite and friends booked a balcony).  The replacement doesn't even cover the same dates.  We will take the FCC (again as we used FCC from other cancelled cruises to pay for the newly cancelled cruise).

 

By the way, has anyone gotten an email directly from Princess about the cancellation?  Our TA sent us what she received from Princess (which wasn't geared to customers), and Princess has always sent out an official cancellation within a day or so after they've cancelled, at least that's what happened for our five previous cancellations....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nini said:

It is on the website when I checked just now.

Yes, it was back with same pricing as yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We're booked on the Island's Northern Lights itinerary which is a R/T Southampton departing Oct 5th. We made this cut and are hoping for the best, but I guess time will tell. Hopefully by then, vaccines will be widely available throughout Europe and the curve will have flattened considerably.

Ken the cruiser...we're also booked on the Island on October 5. My fingers and toes are crossed I really hope we can go but I know I shouldn't hold my breath. I'm due for my 2nd vaccine and hubby should get his in April/May. If vaccines are needed with some sort of passport we're all for it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oceanblue11 said:

Ken the cruiser...we're also booked on the Island on October 5. My fingers and toes are crossed I really hope we can go but I know I shouldn't hold my breath. I'm due for my 2nd vaccine and hubby should get his in April/May. If vaccines are needed with some sort of passport we're all for it!!

We hope so too as it will definitely be a very cool cruise! I was stationed in Alaska back in the mid 70s where I had my first glimpse of the "aurora borealis" and those imagines are still fresh in my mind!  As far as the vaccine goes, we just got our second Pfizer shot on Monday, so we're good to go as well. Hopefully, the vaccines will be flowing in the UK and Norway well before then with their ports once again open to cruise ships. Here's hoping anyway! 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DebbieMacG said:

The press release says that the prices paid for a 2021 cruise will be honoured for the same 2022 cruise yet they are not honouring this on the Canada and New England cruise which was on Regal Princess in September 2021 and was cancelled a few days ago. I rebooked yesterday and have paid over £1000 more for the same cabin on the same cruise on Sky Princess in September 2022. I questioned this and they told me that it because the cruise hadn't been paid for in full (we don't normally pay over 6 months in advance and not many do!) and so we had to pay the inflated price. Its also an accessible cabin so not like I had a choice to downgrade from balcony to inside to reduce the cost as non were available and I'm a wheelchair user.

 

Does anyone know if this is the case with the other cruises that are now affected?

This is part of what I got:

Our 2022 European cruises are seeing strong demand as our guests look forward to being able to travel once again and our 2022 fares are likely to increase further as availability becomes even more limited. Protecting your 2021 fare and promotions represents a significant benefit, and we very much hope you will take advantage of this future booking opportunity.

I had only paid the deposit, It seems strange they would discriminate between European and N American customers. I won't be going it they don't honour the 2021 price because it's £5000 dearer in 2022. We will see when they answer my transfer request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

... Hopefully, the vaccines will be flowing in the UK and Norway well before then with their ports once again open to cruise ships. Here's hoping anyway! 🙃

They're flowing pretty well here in the UK, 39.8% of adults have had their 1st dose as of 3rd of March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Ok I guess I don't interpret coastal as necessarily meaning no ports.  Let's see what they come out with - as seven nights of sea days around the UK wouldn't appeal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

 

We are among those who won't move to the suggested cruise in 2022 nor will our friends.  Interestingly enough the prices are lower on the Crown for the suggested cruise than they were on the Sky, and that applies to both of us (we had a mini suite and friends booked a balcony).  The replacement doesn't even cover the same dates.  We will take the FCC (again as we used FCC from other cancelled cruises to pay for the newly cancelled cruise).

 

By the way, has anyone gotten an email directly from Princess about the cancellation?  Our TA sent us what she received from Princess (which wasn't geared to customers), and Princess has always sent out an official cancellation within a day or so after they've cancelled, at least that's what happened for our five previous cancellations....

 

Yes. We got the official email from Princess. We booked online. Maybe you didn't because you went through a TA and your TA is supposed to notify you? Just guessing...

 

Yep..our 2022 cruise on the Crown is also cheaper than the Sky this year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

 

Yes. We got the official email from Princess. We booked online. Maybe you didn't because you went through a TA and your TA is supposed to notify you? Just guessing...

 

Yep..our 2022 cruise on the Crown is also cheaper than the Sky this year.

 

 

Our email arrived a few minutes ago so we weren't missed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dritan said:

Ok I guess I don't interpret coastal as necessarily meaning no ports.  Let's see what they come out with - as seven nights of sea days around the UK wouldn't appeal. 

If the price is pitched correctly,  I think both Princess and P&O will easily sell these cruises. Prices for UK staycations have gone through the roof, and availability is limited. A ship providing a children's club,  entertainment for adults,  and numerous dining options could be just what many people are looking for. You never know, there might even be some sun!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wowzz said:

With regard to the cruises out of the UK, the UK government have basically prohibited foreign holidays before June at the earliest.  I assume Princess  ( and P&O) did not want to begin the expensive process of recrewing the ships when even the June restart date was problematic.  Also, it will be unlikely that vaccine passports will be ready much before August, thus making visits to EU ports unlikely.

By cancelling now, Princess are being pragmatic,  and taking the lowest risk option. 

Wowzz, does the UK plan address land travel such as tours carrying foreign guests?  Tying to read through it as well.  Thank you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

 

 

Yep..our 2022 cruise on the Crown is also cheaper than the Sky this year.

 

Maybe because the Crown is an older ship?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, milolii said:

Wowzz, does the UK plan address land travel such as tours carrying foreign guests?  Tying to read through it as well.  Thank you.  

I don't think the UK government really cares about land tours and foreign guests. They are only concerned with who can enter the UK. Depending on where you are coming from, you can still enter the UK, but you may have to be quarantined (at your expense) on arrival.

Once you are in the UK, you can do the same as anyone else, which at the moment is not very much!

Hopefully hotels will be reopening in June time, and then land tours will be possible,  and if you can get into the UK, you will be made most welcome, and preferably you will have already been vaccinated! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you.  One of us is fully vaccinated and the other should be Soon.  Looking to come over in August with a tour company that requires vaccinations. No problem getting tested as well, before we leave the US.  Thanks for the welcome. We will donate to the local economy,  glad to do it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now we can’t travel outside of our local area but the government is going to allow overnight stays away from home in May if the numbers of infections/vaccinations is considered to be at a safe level. Hopefully by August you will be able to visit, especially if you are vaccinated. Personally we can’t wait. Our grandchildren live 400 miles away and we haven’t seen them since July last year when our first lockdown was eased. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandancer, Yes, that is what I have read. Ty.  And I see many hotels only accept reservations, if at all,  for essential business.  I hope you can visit soon.  Our trip also involves the Republic  of Ireland, so some little different there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

 

Yes. We got the official email from Princess. We booked online. Maybe you didn't because you went through a TA and your TA is supposed to notify you? Just guessing...

 

Yep..our 2022 cruise on the Crown is also cheaper than the Sky this year.

 


We are in the UK and booked though a TA but the e-mail came from Princess.

 

Over here the cruise in August 22 on the Crown is more than twice as much as we paid for the Cruise in August 21 on the Sky. It’s a cruise around the British Isles and the price was for a balcony cabin. So it’s a good deal for us to take the replacement cruise .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 4:09 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We're booked on the Island's Northern Lights itinerary which is a R/T Southampton departing Oct 5th. We made this cut and are hoping for the best, but I guess time will tell. Hopefully by then, vaccines will be widely available throughout Europe and the curve will have flattened considerably.

I am also on the Island cruise October 5th.  I had to cancel 5 cruises last year so I am hoping this one goes.  I am fully vaccinated and don’t understand the restrictions allowing only UK residents.  Also booked on Regal TA on November 3rd.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...