Can I spend shipboard credit before I sail?

Number34

Due to COVID cancellations I now have shipboard credit for my next cruise, Seashore late September. Can I use this to buy excursions, beverage packages etc before I sail?

Laundry, internet and drinks pkge are things you can use it for . You could end up cruising with Mandatory mask wearing as they have made this a rule recently, also shore excursions are only allowed if booking through MSC.

You may want to check if this is applicable to your sailing.

Liz

4 hours ago, Number34 said:

Due to COVID cancellations I now have shipboard credit for my next cruise, Seashore late September. Can I use this to buy excursions, beverage packages etc before I sail?

4 hours ago, Number34 said:

Unless they made changes, I believe the only way you can spend that type of credit is online before you sail. There are still plenty of things you can purchase online before your trip, but one of the things you're not allowed to purchase online is the shipboard credit, which kind of stinks. 

I have come to find out that there is a difference between OBC and what is left on my credit voucher after rebooking a canceled cruise.   

The obc appears on my new booking reservation and will be used on board. 

what is remaining on the credit voucher can be used by calling customer service and booking shore ex, bev package, spa items.

That is how the majority of the 3 different customer service agents explained it to me on the phone. 😂

17 hours ago, diver0311 said:

I have come to find out that there is a difference between OBC and what is left on my credit voucher after rebooking a canceled cruise.   

The obc appears on my new booking reservation and will be used on board. 

what is remaining on the credit voucher can be used by calling customer service and booking shore ex, bev package, spa items.

That is how the majority of the 3 different customer service agents explained it to me on the phone. 😂

Yes. It would be nice though, if it could be used as OBC to cover gratuities. When I tried purchasing on-board credit with it (I forget what they call it on their website) so we'd be able to use it toward our gratuities, they said it wasn't allowed for that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Yes. It would be nice though, if it could be used as OBC to cover gratuities. When I tried purchasing on-board credit with it (I forget what they call it on their website) so we'd be able to use it toward our gratuities, they said it wasn't allowed for that.

You can ask them to add the service charges to the booking...it will cover that if you prepay them.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will have to wait until we get onboard. Hoping this will actually happen as this is the third attempt to to sail this Western Mediterranean itinerary, original booking was made 2 years ago!

16 hours ago, Number34 said:

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will have to wait until we get onboard. Hoping this will actually happen as this is the third attempt to to sail this Western Mediterranean itinerary, original booking was made 2 years ago!

Same for us, except we're trying to sail in the Caribbean in mid-October. 

We're hopeful, especially with the vaccination news this week about Merck and Johnson and Johnson partnering on the J&J vaccine, by summer things should be starting to resemble normal with most adults having been vaccinated by then. Crossing our fingers.  Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 2:33 PM, jules815 said:

yes, I was able to have them add gratuities off of the FCC along with laundry and upgraded wifi/stream.  now I am just waiting on the speciality dining and spa bookings to open.  anyone know how long before the cruise they open it up?  120 days or so?

1 hour ago, diver0311 said:

yes, I was able to have them add gratuities off of the FCC along with laundry and upgraded wifi/stream.  now I am just waiting on the speciality dining and spa bookings to open.  anyone know how long before the cruise they open it up?  120 days or so?

That's great news!  And those are the things I had planned on purchasing with our FCC as well.