Jump to content

Some uplifting COVID information


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

 

Any idea what the vax rate will be in USA? 80%? 65%? 50% 🙂

Great question.  While the wife and I are eager to get our "jabs", I know others who would prefer to not get the Covid-19 vaccine, some of them because of the mRNA new tech, but others that refuse to get the flu vaccine also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

 

Any idea what the vax rate will be in USA? 80%? 65%? 50% 🙂

Polls recently have indicated just over 70% are seeking the vaccine,  and that number has been slowly but steadily increasing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CruiserBruce said:

Polls recently have indicated just over 70% are seeking the vaccine,  and that number has been slowly but steadily increasing. 

 

Throughout the country? Could there be reservoirs of infection, from which vax-resistant variants arise?

 

As I recall, Fauci etc were talking about a minimum of 70% for herd immunity, at a time when there were no super-spreader variants. I wonder what he really thinks now? 🙄

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

 

Throughout the country? Could there be reservoirs of infection, from which vax-resistant variants arise?

 

As I recall, Fauci etc were talking about a minimum of 70% for herd immunity, at a time when there were no super-spreader variants. I wonder what he really thinks now? 🙄

 

 

Check out the definitions of "endemic". That would be the likely outcome if we don't get a fairly high percentage...like well into the 80% range...of people vaccinated. An endemic could be a minor problem, or a more serious problem if Covid retains its lethality, side effects, and longer than normal and more complex treatment requirements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Polls recently have indicated just over 70% are seeking the vaccine,  and that number has been slowly but steadily increasing. 

And let us hope that the numbers keep rising as people realize that the vaccines are effective and without serious side effects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 11:48 AM, JeffElizabeth said:

Great question.  While the wife and I are eager to get our "jabs", I know others who would prefer to not get the Covid-19 vaccine, some of them because of the mRNA new tech, but others that refuse to get the flu vaccine also.

In general, about 20% of folks are reluctant for even flu, measles, etc. I am hoping that after the first big push, they offer Doctor’s offices J and J vaccine, so when they see older clients, they can encourage them to get it., and then give it to them then. They are more likely to trust their family docs. Herd immunity can happen as a result of younger folks contracting (and surviving) Covid too. The key is to get the most vulnerable the most help available, then open up the Country. I hope as vaccines supply eases up, it becomes possible to help other countries too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...