Will TAs open up with a UK USA corridor, as both as leading way with vaccination

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Currently, once you leave Anthem in NYC, you have to quarantine for 3 days and then obtain another test

How would we "obtain another test" in your words in New York? Would that need to be within 3 days of boarding QM2 for return journey home? If so we can't do that we would have to break hotel quarantine to do so? If we do that they will put us in jail yeah? Also we don't have I Phones or Smart Phones or App Phones or whatever you American have. We have what you call track phones, burner phones not advanced phones. We just can't use them. We don't get good wifi in part of UK we live in so don't see the point.

Edited by ace2542
1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

How would we "obtain another test" in your words in New York? Would that need to be within 3 days of boarding QM2 for return journey home? If so we can't do that we would have to break hotel quarantine to do so? If we do that they will put us in jail yeah? Also we don't have I Phones or Smart Phones or App Phones or whatever you American have. We have what you call track phones, burner phones not advanced phones. We just can't use them. We don't get good wifi in part of UK we live in so don't see the point.

If you don't test on your 4th day of quarantine, you cannot leave quarantine until you have a negative test.  Then, depending on the length of your stay in NYC, you may need another test within 3 days of boarding.  I'm sure that the hotel you are staying at will be able to provide you with information on testing, it is widely available in NYC.  My son is in the film industry there, and gets tested nearly every day.

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

If you don't test on your 4th day of quarantine, you cannot leave quarantine until you have a negative test.  Then, depending on the length of your stay in NYC, you may need another test within 3 days of boarding.  I'm sure that the hotel you are staying at will be able to provide you with information on testing, it is widely available in NYC.  My son is in the film industry there, and gets tested nearly every day.

We have 5 nights in NYC. We would also be transferring from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal off QM2 to Bayonne New Jersey to board Anthem probably via green taxi cab. There is no transfer included. 

Our cruise agency has not informed us about any quarantining requirements in USA. We have heard nothing from them in nearly 9 months since we cancelled Alaska for last year September and rebooked this November trip when we saw the price. The entire purpose of being in NYC is so I can visit my old friends. I don't think that will happen from what you say so I don't see the point in having the new york visit. So we may move the sailing or even just cancel outright. But as you say things my change by then but they also may not.

What film project does your son work on?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

What film project does your son work on?

He's an independent gaffer and electrician, and has worked on films, TV, commercials, music videos, etc all around the Tri-state area.

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

He's an independent gaffer and electrician, and has worked on films, TV, commercials, music videos, etc all around the Tri-state area.

Nice.

Would the 30 mile transfer from Brooklyn to Bayonne NJ on the same day for the ship change be an issue? We would really be snookered if it would be.

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Nice.

Would the 30 mile transfer from Brooklyn to Bayonne NJ on the same day for the ship change be an issue? We would really be snookered if it would be.

I don't think so.