Vaccine Requirement News

5 minutes ago, BSocial said:

CEO of Virgin Voyages was on TV this morning, and announced Vaccine required for all passengers and crew.

And they don't have to "worry" about the children issue. If one does it the others will follow. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you're vaccinated, why does it matter if your contractors are?  I swear people have thrown logic out the window with this. 

"Logic" from someone who asked a silly question about smallpox?

A contractor would have no reason to know someone else's vaccination status. If he has so little regard for his customers that he and his unvaccinated workers enter peoples homes, I wouldn't want to deal with that company. The logic behind wearing masks and getting the vaccine is to protect not only yourself, but those around you. It's sad that this very simple principle is lost on so many people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

Moderna just announced that they have started trials on children 6 months to 11 in the US and Canada. The first children have been vaccinated. It won't be long now for a children's vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/health/children-vaccinated-moderna-covid-19-trial-bn/index.html

None of my kids are getting it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mariketa said:

No, I won't go. I think they might require vaccines at first, and I think they'll initially find a lot of vaccinated people to cruise. But long term, if you think about the number of people who won't even get the flu vaccine (about 55%), the cruise lines are eliminating half of the people who will cruise by requiring it. Some people just aren't going to take them because they want no part of any entity dictating what they put in their body, others are wary of a vaccine rushed through so quickly, etc. So at first, it might work to only let on vaccinated passengers, but long term, the cruise lines will let go of that requirement so they can recuperate their losses from being out of commission for so long. And to those of you who enjoy making jokes about people who won't get it, do you wonder why you don't get more people saying they won't get it? Why bother, you've used the masking and vaccinations as a way to showcase your virtue, people pick up on that, they don't want to deal with you.

Great post.

No, I won't go. I think they might require vaccines at first, and I think they'll initially find a lot of vaccinated people to cruise. But long term, if you think about the number of people who won't even get the flu vaccine (about 55%), the cruise lines are eliminating half of the people who will cruise by requiring it. Some people just aren't going to take them because they want no part of any entity dictating what they put in their body, others are wary of a vaccine rushed through so quickly, etc. So at first, it might work to only let on vaccinated passengers, but long term, the cruise lines will let go of that requirement so they can recuperate their losses from being out of commission for so long. And to those of you who enjoy making jokes about people who won't get it, do you wonder why you don't get more people saying they won't get it? Why bother, you've used the masking and vaccinations as a way to showcase your virtue, people pick up on that, they don't want to deal with you.

I don't feel virtuous because I have had the vaccinations and I won't make fun of anyone who doesn't, but I am allowed to believe those people are misguided in not getting it.

The main reason I think cruise lines should require the vaccine in order to board is that something has to be done to get them started back up and w/o any cases on board and that is the fastest way to achieve that goal.  I never said it would be long term, but all it would take is for a few ships to have an outbreak onboard and the press and public opinion will kill the cruising industry for a long time.

But honestly, I don't understand anyone making the decision not not get vaccinated because of what someone else says - (the joke reference you made.)

16 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Have any of those reported 1400 deaths been directly caused by any of our vaccines?

I mean, if we're talking "directly" caused, then the number of people who have died of COVID without any "indirect" factors involved is only 6% of the total reported deaths. So, are we picking and choosing what we want to talk about, or are we applying the same rules across the board?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mek said:

I don't feel virtuous because I have had the vaccinations and I won't make fun of anyone who doesn't, but I am allowed to believe those people are misguided in not getting it.

The main reason I think cruise lines should require the vaccine in order to board is that something has to be done to get them started back up and w/o any cases on board and that is the fastest way to achieve that goal.  I never said it would be long term, but all it would take is for a few ships to have an outbreak onboard and the press and public opinion will kill the cruising industry for a long time.

But honestly, I don't understand anyone making the decision not not get vaccinated because of what someone else says - (the joke reference you made.)

I agree that cruises need to get back up and running, and I do think that if vaccines are required initially they will hopefully have great success and not see any outbreaks. I do not think the vaccine is as effective as we're being lead to believe, not even the flu vaccine is more than 45-50% effective and that's been in the works for decades, so I do think outbreaks on ships are going to be a thing, same as the flu. Many years from now, when this whole thing isn't an us vs them thing, it'll all come out in the wash, but it's going to be a long time getting there.

Also, I'm not saying people will choose not to get vaccinated because of someone making a joke. I am saying that people will choose not to get on here and tell you that they aren't getting the vaccine (because of their very valid reasons) because people on here will pile on and make jokes at their expense. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BSocial said:

CEO of Virgin Voyages was on TV this morning, and announced Vaccine required for all passengers and crew.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And they don't have to "worry" about the children issue. If one does it the others will follow. 

45 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Comparing Virgin to the mass market family lines makes no sense. 

On the flip side, Viking Cruises will not require vaccines for passengers when (if) they resume sailing on May 22 from the UK.  They will instead rely on daily PCR testing for passengers and crew. 

And yes, comparing Viking to Virgin to family mass market lines is apples to oranges to pineapples comparison. Just pointing out that some cruise lines are taking a different approach.

Edited by HBE4

47 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

None of my kids are getting it.

Let's fast forward a couple of years and use a hypothetical situation.................

There is a vaccine for children. All cruise lines mandate all passengers be vaccinated, including children. Are you saying you are no longer going to cruise?

Just now, coffeebean said:

Let's fast forward a couple of years and use a hypothetical situation.................

There is a vaccine for children. All cruise lines mandate all passengers be vaccinated, including children. Are you saying you are no longer going to cruise?

Nope, will never cruise again.  I'm thinking maybe 60% of the population will get the poison.  There is no way the mandate would stay past a  year or two.  It would be the end of cruising with the losses that they've had already and the losses from the people who won't get it. We love to cruise and so do my kids but there's plenty of other things to do.  Not being a lab rat for a virus with a 99.6% survival rate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mek said:

Schools might require it along with the other vaccines they are required to get.

I’m vaccinated but I really can’t see the Covid vaccine as part of a school mandate for children. The science doesn’t support this. Children have a VERY LOW risk to become Symptomatic. The other currently required vaccines are for diseases that can be of great harm to them. 

IMO

M8 

• Like 1

.......... Some people just aren't going to take them because they want no part of any entity dictating what they put in their body, others are wary of a vaccine rushed through so quickly, etc. ..........

Who is dictating that anyone in this country get the vaccine? As far as I know, at this point in time, NO ONE is being dictated to get the vaccine so that dispels the first part of your comment.

Why do you consider the mRNA vaccines rushed? They have been ten years in development. mRNA technology is nothing new. The fantastic element of mRNA vaccines is that they can VERY EASILY be programmed to include a new virus or variant. These vaccines we have now with Moderna and Pfizer can be "tweeked" in weeks to accommodate the variants.

I have not followed anything about the J&J vaccine other than it uses older traditional technology for development.

This directive from the CDC explains mRNA vaccines......

Understanding mRNA vaccines

Just now, Sky616 said:

Why?

I’m not going to debate this. Getting the vaccine is a choice. Some choose to get it, others do not.  You should be at peace with that. You choose to decline, that’s your right, and I’m fine with that.  I’m not really telling anyone to get vaccinated, it should be their choice, not mine. You are on a agenda to scare people out of making a choice that suits them. I have a few friends like that.

We both got vaccinated, our choice, and we are happy with that. The Boss is a Doctor and is required to work with and around Covid patients in the hospital. My son, an ICU Nurse at Florida’s largest hospital, got vaccinated. He didn’t ask me if he should nor did I tell him one way or the other. It was his choice. The bosses brother also works in a hospital in CT. He got the vaccine. He didn’t ask us and we didn’t offer advice. It was his choice. 

The CDC has reported now (last I looked) 1600 deaths after receiving the vaccine. They have not assigned cause. The 1600 are significant to those affected but not Statistically significant based on the number of injections. 

It’s your choice, not mine to make. You should let others make their choice. 

M8

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

On the flip side, Viking Cruises will not require vaccines for passengers when (if) they resume sailing on May 22 from the UK.  They will instead rely on daily PCR testing for passengers and crew. 

And yes, comparing Viking to Virgin to family mass market lines is apples to oranges to pineapples comparison. Just point out that some cruise lines are taking a different approach.

Viking ship capacity is very small in comparison to Royal Caribbean ships. 

It’s like having a small family BBQ outdoors on the 4th. 

M8

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sky616 said:

Did anyone see the poll of corrections officers in FL?  Out of 470 polled only 75 will get the vaccine.  Good for them.

NO! Not good for them.

Not good for the safety of anyone who is around them.

Not good for our country to reach SAFE herd immunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mariketa said:

I mean, if we're talking "directly" caused, then the number of people who have died of COVID without any "indirect" factors involved is only 6% of the total reported deaths. So, are we picking and choosing what we want to talk about, or are we applying the same rules across the board?

That is thought provoking. I see your point.

• Like 1

Things that make you go "hmmm." If a patient is in hospice care with only weeks to live, and Covid-19 is discovered, the cause of death is Covid-19. If a person dies in a car accident and Covid-19 is discovered, the cause of death is Covid-19. But if a person receives a Covid-19 vaccine and later dies of something else, the vaccine isn't to blame. OK, sure. 🙄 How stupid do they think the public is?

FYI I am not anti-vaxx, my wife just got her first shot and I'm waiting to be notified that I'm eligible for mine. But I think it's dishonest to ascribe any deaths related to Covid as being caused by it, while simultaneously inferring that when vaccinated people die, the vaccine played no part. Give me a break!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mek said:

Schools might require it along with the other vaccines they are required to get.

Are parents willing to home school their kids if a Covid vaccine is mandatory like other vaccines that are mandatory to attend in person school?

That would be a very interesting discussion.

Also, please don't be so quick to condemn or criticize people who don't agree with scientists immediately. I give the scientific community great deference, but you have to admit they sometimes change their minds. For about a year now, we've been hearing that 6' of social distancing is the minimum. The other day, I heard Dr. Fauci say that actually 3' would be OK. Yet last year, anyone who questioned the orthodoxy of the 6' rule would have been laughed at and called a 'science denier.'

I understand that science can and should update its guidance based on empirical evidence. Fine. Just don't tell me anyone who doubts what they say on Day 1 is foolish, because on Day 365 (or perhaps sooner) the skeptic will be vindicated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mariketa said:

BINGO. 

• Like 1