Vaccine Requirement News

I have both of mine.  I read earlier in the day that The Odyssey would require anyone 16 or older to have the shot(s).  I don't mind wearing a mask and distancing either.  Just would like to cruise again SOON! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup...time for chair hogs, smoking, seat saving, dress codes, unruly children, food quality,...hmmm...am I missing anything?  😉 

I hate needles.  It is very tough to watch the news these days😇

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Just my opinion, but for those that can’t get a vaccine and children, they will have to be tested.

"Testing" depending where you're at. Some it's just questions and Temp check. Not sure will Wee Ones, longer goes before Ship's sail less likely 100% Vaccines will be required 

• Like 1

I just received my first shot and can't wait to get to sailing again. Question that may be slightly off topic. Will there be a uniform standard to proving you've been vaccinated? I got my little card with a sticker that signifies I got my first dose. Will this be good enough? I heard talk about data of you getting vaccinated could be sent to US passports in the system. I'm just curious what the plan will be?

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I just received my first shot and can't wait to get to sailing again. Question that may be slightly off topic. Will there be a uniform standard to proving you've been vaccinated? I got my little card with a sticker that signifies I got my first dose. Will this be good enough? I heard talk about data of you getting vaccinated could be sent to US passports in the system. I'm just curious what the plan will be?

Doubt it. Hard people chase down Records. Know going treat my card like Gold though keeping it safe

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No one knows yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No one knows yet

I agree but I hope they (not sure who they would be) are figuring out a plan. It could be a real mess proving you have gotten the vaccine to get on a cruise ship.

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup...time for chair hogs, smoking, seat saving, dress codes, unruly children, food quality,...hmmm...am I missing anything?  😉 

Service animals and lounge debates.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retiredgram said:

Just got our first shot today and will get the second the end of the month.  We are ready to go.

Same here, we both our first shot of Pfizer vaccine today and scheduled to go back on march 25th for the 2nd shot.     Ready to Sail far far away from here....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I hate needles too.    But I got my first shot today and didn't feel a thing.    I always look away and didn't even know she was done till she started to re-adjust my sleeve. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

didn't feel a thing

Wait till later. Your arm may get real sore. I couldn't sleep very well last night after getting my shot yesterday. My arm was really sore. Today it is getting much better.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There are several companies working on apps that will flash green to indicate you have been vaccinated.  For instance, CLEAR, that company that allows you to go to the front of the line at airline/stadium/etc security has expanded their Health Pass app to indicate you have been vaccinated.  https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

If you look at the link, it does seem like vaccine proof could be the wave of the future.  They mention Clear kiosks at venues that will take a touchless temperature and link to the health app to enhance the vaccine proof.  A company like CLEAR wouldn't be spending the time and money on an app like this if their business model didn't show a good chance of it being used.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

Just now, cured said:

There are several companies working on apps that will flash green to indicate you have been vaccinated.  For instance, CLEAR, that company that allows you to go to the front of the line at security has expanded their Health Pass app to indicate you have been vaccinated.  https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

I want the tattoo instead - small barcode on the back of my neck that TSA can scan which allows me to move freely across state lines.  

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I want the tattoo instead - small barcode on the back of my neck that TSA can scan which allows me to move freely across state lines.  

I thought the vaccine already came with a chip embedded in it?  At least that is what a few of my friends that follow some group that starts with a little used letter tell me.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

At this point of time it is useless in speculating on what RCCL MAY require to board a ship in the US.

CDC has yet to provide more direct guidelines, even after stating that said guide lines would be issued in the last week or so (this was based on what they said three weeks ago).

Unlike what the CDC can mandate in the various states, they do have a Yay/Nay vote in regards if ships can sail from US ports.  Discussing if the various cruise lines decide to have more than stringent requirements than the CDC is a moot point at this time.

16 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Ha, Yeah! Bioscan of sorts coming everywhere. I was helping design secure Comsec areas of new Building then 9/11 happened, designs changed using these even to get into regular unsecure areas... 

My DH, BIL and DD all got first shots today.  They had to drive almost 3 hours each way and go back for second shot in 3 weeks.  DD was going as the driver but she got lucky and someone cancelled.  They gave her a shot.  I will have to get busy and get mine scheduled (locally) because no one is sailing without me!  Katherine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

And they are so big . They look to be about 1 1/2  -  2  inches long .

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hate needles too.    But I got my first shot today and didn't feel a thing.    I always look away and didn't even know she was done till she started to re-adjust my sleeve. 

I hate needles, too, but neither of us felt a thing getting ours.  The nurse said we should move our arms throughout the day, which we did, and we have not had a single side effect.

• Like 1