Vaccine Requirement News

With a half dozen vaccines (so far) and all sorts of health systems in various nations with various official languages - what exactly will be required as proof of vaccination?

Iceland only accepts people who have gotten one of four vaccines, and the certificate must be in English or one of the Scandinavian languages - otherwise you need to have an official translation of that certificate.

As a US citizen living in Uruguay, I'm curious about what Celebrity will require this summer. I'm basically looking for a heads up on what we'll probably need when we go cruising in 2022. Our TA says it's currently only for 2021 and not 2022 (when we're booked) but I'm thinking it will be for 2022 as well.

Let's get through the first six months of the cruising restart first. Hoping for smooth sailing.

2 hours ago, Mariketa said:

I would be totally shocked if the requirement lasts more than a year. I’ll have to remember to write it down so I can go back and see, one year from whenever they start up again. That’s just my guess, but I’ve been wrong before and it’s not even that rare. 😀

Time will tell but I don't think it will be a permenent requirement either. One to three years. Depneds on how many get vaccinated and also mutations. The ones who won't get vaccinated are actually stretching out the time vaccination will be required. If the ones who drop in here are typical they are a pretty gullible and lost cause group of nutters so I won't bother trying to convince them. Funny thing is how the left wing antivaxxers and the right wing antivaxxers have come to anti science agreement. But most people I know whether they supported the last administration or the current one are getting vaccinated even if they were initially hesitant.  I think 70% will be reached. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t believe that and the current data doesn’t support your opinion. 

M8

I can't seem to find any data that states children have less viral load than adults. I would imagine there must be some tests that have that data you speak of otherwise children would not be able to go back to in person learning in schools.

BUT........What about these?...

Children as silent spreaders of Sars Cov2

Kids have more viral rna in their ariways than adults

Viral loads in young children.........

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Then back to my example. It’s a lot less likely that a child under 18 will become symptomatic than a 70+ year old. 

Royal is starting sailing in the Summer and you can bet your dollar it will include children. 

M8

Let's not forget that the 70+ year olds will be vaccinated. 95% of vaccinated people will NOT become infected and of those who do contract the disease, many will not have any symptoms. I think I would bet my money on the vaccinated older folks to have less infection transmission than children under 18.

24 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I can't seem to find any data that states children have less viral load than adults. I would imagine there must be some tests that have that data you speak of otherwise children would not be able to go back to in person learning in schools.

BUT........What about these?...

Children as silent spreaders of Sars Cov2

Kids have more viral rna in their ariways than adults

Viral loads in young children.........

Two of these links are from August 2020. If you’re vaccinated, it shouldn’t matter if kids are onboard. 

Here is the CDC’s current position of Covid and kids. Read down for the part how has Covid spread in schools. The data seems to show that it’s the teachers and staff responsible for most outbreaks in schools. 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/transmission_k_12_schools.html

M8

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Let's not forget that the 70+ year olds will be vaccinated. 95% of vaccinated people will NOT become infected and of those who do contract the disease, many will not have any symptoms. I think I would bet my money on the vaccinated older folks to have less infection transmission than children under 18.

But if someone was to get sick, isn’t the 70+ more likely to struggle with Covid than a 10 year old?

M8

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But if someone was to get sick, isn’t the 70+ more likely to struggle with Covid than a 10 year old?

M8

Actually no if the 70+ is vaccinated. Vaccination is a game changer for everyone, including seniors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

Actually no if the 70+ is vaccinated. Vaccination is a game changer for everyone, including seniors.

What about the 5%?  You even mentioned it. Very few kids get sick but 5% of adults vaccinated could get sick and a 70+ is more likely to have a more severe reaction than a kid. 

M8

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Two of these links are from August 2020. If you’re vaccinated, it shouldn’t matter if kids are onboard. 

Here is the CDC’s current position of Covid and kids. Read down for the part how has Covid spread in schools. The data seems to show that it’s the teachers and staff responsible for most outbreaks in schools. 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/transmission_k_12_schools.html

M8

Well said, CDC reports I also read in school largest issue was Teacher/Admin, Adult to Adult cases not with the Children. Most actual Covid cases with Children were brought from Home, not from other kids or Staff. Also Children more false Positives then actual real Covid cases. Though was few spikes from Sports exposure outside of classrooms. One of the most surprising in the CDC study was less High School and Middle School cases then in Grade Schools(which were low). This as younger kids sat/stayed in one room for most of Day, older kids 16-18 less likely catch it. 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, lovelife said:

I just heard on a DC news station that Royal Caribbean will be requiring vaccinations in order to sail.  Has anyone else heard this?

Not sure how this might play out for cruises, but here in the USA - it is against the law to require someone to receive an experimental vaccine. ie:  A doctor working in a hospital can be strongly encouraged to take the Covid-19 vaccine but he cannot be fired for refusing [as long as the vaccine is still in an experimental stage].  But once/if FDA approved, the whole game changes.

If a cruiseline eventually requires a vaccine, they are going to lose a lot of business from non-vaccinated loyalists.  

The current COVID 19 mRNA "vaccines" (specifically Moderna and Pfizer) fulfill all the definitions of gene therapy and none of the definitions for a vaccine.

Since mRNA “vaccines” do not meet the medical and/or legal definition of a vaccine, marketing them as such is a deceptive practice that violates the law that governs advertising of medical practices.

These "vaccines" are experimental gene therapies and are not FDA approved.  They are FDA authorized for emergency use only. 

Additionally, there is no evidence that either "vaccine" will prevent someone from getting Covid or transmitting Covid.  The manufacturers will tell you this.  They simply do not know because the "vaccines" have not been adequately studied in clinical trials. 

I am not anti-vaccine in any way.  But - there are so many unknowns with these Covid-19 "vaccines". 

Clinical trials will be ongoing for the next few years.  

The mRNA technology has never made it out of clinical trials.  

The rats never fared very well after receiving the "vaccine" and then encountering a corona virus in the wild.  They died. 

As for me and my household - we had one adult have Covid last Spring.  Mild flu-like symptoms.  She recovered very quickly.  I did not isolate from her in my home.  I am a big believer in herd immunity.  

We also purpose to have a healthy immune system, which we don't hear the experts talking about enough. 

Tens of thousands of medical personnel around the world are cautioning us about receiving these Covid-19 vaccines.  Most of these are either retired or self employed and are not in danger of being fired for voicing their concerns. 

One virologist and molecular biologist recently stated that "COVID-19 is not even a disease. COVID-19 is a series of clinical symptoms" 

It's a big subject.  It deserves independent research by individuals. 

There is a lot of information available to research.  A google search is not research. 

I love cruising.  

I know the industry has been hit hard. 

I pray for a quick and successful path forward so I can be welcomed onboard soon! 🍷

• Like 8

11 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Do you realize that the messenger leaves the body quickly after it has given the "instructions". Gone, finito, dissipated, no more, donesville.

That means that if someone does not have a reaction to these mRNA vaccines within a couple of weeks, there is no long term effect that can possibly happen. Read up on these vaccines. Read the part under FACTS ABOUT COVID-19 mRNA VACCINES

Understanding mRNA Vaccines

The information posted on the CDC link is at best misleading and at worst factually incorrect.

FACTS

1) According to the submission by Pfizer to the MHRA they do not know what happens to the synthetic RNA as laboratory tests showed it was not expelled in the urine,fecal matter, saliva or sweat of the lab animals, neither was it detected in the bloodstream. It is suspected that the body breaks down the synthetic RNA into its constituent parts but where it goes is unknown, it may well be expelled or it may be absorbed into the body. It was also shown that part of the chemical makeup of the vaccine not the synthetic mRNA settled in the liver of the animals and the livers were slightly larger than the control animals.

2) Experiments have been underway for years using synthetic mRNA to alter the DNA of Zebrafish as it was initially believed that mRNA cannot alter DNA because it does not enter into the nucleus. The experiments confirmed synthetic mRNA and natural mRNA can and do alter DNA. In Zebrafish when synthetic mRNA was inserted in vitro into the fish causing them to fluoresce altering their DNA. The experiment also proved that synthetic mRNA was transgenic as 50% of the offspring also fluoresed. This does not mean the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine will alter a person's DNA, this would only happen if it was designed to. But it it could be used as a tool in the future to alter the genetics of a person to help control or stop the development of genetic diseases.

3) mRNA was also designed to alter the DNA of cancer cells by creating a "R-Loop" this was designed to stop cancer cells reproducing, this was only ever studied in stage 4, end stage cancer patients as one of the side effects was an autoimmune reaction which sometimes killed the patient.

This was specifically pointed out in the studies and it was recommended that any future studies would need to have the candidates screened extensively.

4) It was known from the very beginning of synthetic mRNA research that it can and does cause an autoimmune response which can prove fatal. This is why it needs to put in a lipid/hydro gel envelope and needs to be stored and handled with great care.

5) No one knows what the long term implications on health are with synthetic mRNA because no one before this vaccine has lived long term after treatment. The body may well expel or absorb the synthetic mRNA to no detriment to the individual or it may cause autoimmune issues in the future, there is real concern in the scientific community into finding the answer.

mRNA vaccines and treatments have shown and are showing a very promising future for modern medicine but this does not mean that the risks and potential problems should be hidden or misreported by organisations like the CDC.

My wife received the Pfizer vaccine and will have her second dose on Sunday we were well aware of the history and risks involved with the mRNA technology before deciding to accept the vaccine but the risk to my wife from covid-19 is and was far greater due to her cancer diagnosis.

I have received my first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine the day the EU announced suspension due to worries over blood clots, I was not worried simply because I had read the research and already understood the risks and benefits. 

The EU and news media failed to report that those that had received the Pfizer vaccine were reporting more blood clots than AstraZeneca vaccine but this was and is still lower than the number reported in an unvaccinated population.  

But it is very concerning when organisations are not transparent with the public, when important research into mRNA treatments that laid the foundations for the mRNA vaccines is dismissed by internet fact checking organisations as fake news and when Governments and other bodies use misinformation concerning vaccines as a political, economic tool and for financial gain.

Edited by nomad098
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

The information posted on the CDC link is at best misleading and at worst factually incorrect.

FACTS

1) According to the submission by Pfizer to the MHRA they do not know what happens to the synthetic RNA as laboratory tests showed it was not expelled in the urine,fecal matter, saliva or sweat of the lab animals, neither was it detected in the bloodstream. It is suspected that the body breaks down the synthetic RNA into its constituent parts but where it goes is unknown, it may well be expelled or it may be absorbed into the body. It was also shown that part of the chemical makeup of the vaccine not the synthetic mRNA settled in the liver of the animals and the livers were slightly larger than the control animals.

2) Experiments have been underway for years using synthetic mRNA to alter the DNA of Zebrafish as it was initially believed that mRNA cannot alter DNA because it does not enter into the nucleus. The experiments confirmed synthetic mRNA and natural mRNA can and do alter DNA. In Zebrafish when synthetic mRNA was inserted in vitro into the fish causing them to fluoresce altering their DNA. The experiment also proved that synthetic mRNA was transgenic as 50% of the offspring also fluoresed. This does not mean the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine will alter a person's DNA, this would only happen if it was designed to. But it it could be used as a tool in the future to alter the genetics of a person to help control or stop the development of genetic diseases.

3) mRNA was also designed to alter the DNA of cancer cells by creating a "R-Loop" this was designed to stop cancer cells reproducing, this was only ever studied in stage 4, end stage cancer patients as one of the side effects was an autoimmune reaction which sometimes killed the patient.

This was specifically pointed out in the studies and it was recommended that any future studies would need to have the candidates screened extensively.

4) It was known from the very beginning of synthetic mRNA research that it can and does cause an autoimmune response which can prove fatal. This is why it needs to put in a lipid/hydro gel envelope and needs to be stored and handled with great care.

5) No one knows what the long term implications on health are with synthetic mRNA because no one before this vaccine has lived long term after treatment. The body may well expel or absorb the synthetic mRNA to no detriment to the individual or it may cause autoimmune issues in the future, there is real concern in the scientific community into finding the answer.

mRNA vaccines and treatments have shown and are showing a very promising future for modern medicine but this does not mean that the risks and potential problems should be hidden or misreported by organisations like the CDC.

My wife received the Pfizer vaccine and will have her second dose on Sunday we were well aware of the history and risks involved with the mRNA technology before deciding to accept the vaccine but the risk to my wife from covid-19 is and was far greater due to her cancer diagnosis.

I have received my first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine the day the EU announced suspension due to worries over blood clots, I was not worried simply because I had read the research and already understood the risks and benefits. 

The EU and news media failed to report that those that had received the Pfizer vaccine were reporting more blood clots than AstraZeneca vaccine but this was and is still lower than the number reported in an unvaccinated population.  

But it is very concerning when organisations are not transparent with the public, when important research into mRNA treatments that laid the foundations for the mRNA vaccines is dismissed by internet fact checking organisations as fake news and when Governments and other bodies use misinformation concerning vaccines as a political, economic tool and for financial gain.

I don't know what sites you are getting your information from but I would much prefer to believe the CDC. I'm not and have never been into conspiracy theories so will stick with what our government has put out there.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I don't know what sites you are getting your information from but I would much prefer to believe the CDC. I'm not and have never been into conspiracy theories so will stick with what our government has put out there.

US Government

CDC reporting system

UK Government

UK yellow card system

FDA, MHRA and EMA

Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca submissions to the medical authorities

Biochemist Katalin Kariko responsible for synthetic mRNA development which created the covid-19 vaccine for Pfizer and the numerous papers she has published, including her papers on the server adverse reaction of the immune system caused by synthetic mRNA which lead to her breakthrough discovery of placing the synthetic mRNA in a lipid envelope.

Numerous scientist developing mRNA treatments and vaccines with published peer reviewed papers

Taking information from a website  even a government one and declaring it to be the truth without  evidence, confirmation or verification by definition would make you a conspiracy theorist. 

Again Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and the other vaccine companies have produced amazing feats of science but that does not mean people should subjectively ignore the actual research behind the science. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boo's Mom said:

If a cruiseline eventually requires a vaccine, they are going to lose a lot of business from non-vaccinated loyalists.  

On the flip side, they are going to gain a lot of business from vaccinated loyalists (and non-loyalists)!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, nomad098 said:

Taking information from a website  even a government one and declaring it to be the truth without  evidence, confirmation or verification by definition would make you a conspiracy theorist. 

Again Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and the other vaccine companies have produced amazing feats of science but that does not mean people should subjectively ignore the actual research behind the science. 

Seriously? I don't think so. I'm not about to research the actual science behind the vaccines. I've tried and those abstracts are enough to give me a headache. There are more qualified scientists such as virologists, immunologists and such that dissect the research. Let them have at it then I'll look at their results.

From where I'm sitting, the FDA has granted emergency authorization for the mRNA vaccines. That is good enough for me. The MHRA gave a Condition of Authorization for the Pfizer vaccine. Also, good enough for me although I had the Moderna vaccine. 

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:43 AM, A&L_Ont said:

A couple weeks from now I hope the numbers remain low after FL has been bombarded with holiday break students.  That would be a great positive, on top of the declining case counts.

Definitely a concern, although I imagine most of the resulting cases will actually be discovered once the vacationers return to their home states.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Seriously? I don't think so. I'm not about to research the actual science behind the vaccines. I've tried and those abstracts are enough to give me a headache. There are more qualified scientists such as virologists, immunologists and such that dissect the research. Let them have at it then I'll look at their results.

From where I'm sitting, the FDA has granted emergency authorization for the mRNA vaccines. That is good enough for me. The MHRA gave a Condition of Authorization for the Pfizer vaccine. Also, good enough for me although I had the Moderna vaccine. 

Unlike you I do not have the same blind faith and trust in scientists and Governments as I am aware of the very poor behaviour of both of these groups in the past all of which is a matter of public record, I am also aware that the FDA and MHRA have licenced treatments in the past in good faith only to have to rescind and recall treatments/drugs, so I research and verify and do not take things at face value.

From the CDC website you are pointing people to

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They cannot give someone COVID-19.

• mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

First bullet point absolutely true

Second bullet point only partially true, mRNA does not enter the nucleus but this is very misleading statement, numerous studies have shown the coding of mRNA can and does have have an effect on DNA. To make a Zebrafish bio luminescent you code mRNA to alter the fishes DNA in vitro. You can also use mRNA to close off parts of the DNA structure altering the function of the DNA, this is used effectively with end stage cancer patients with 27% of end stage patients showing significant delays in the progress of the cancer. The whole point of the mRNA vaccine is to create the spike protein of a virus without creating the whole virus manipulating the viruses genetic makeup. 

Third bullet point is a completely untrue as Pfizer has stated they do not know what happens to the synthetic mRNA in their submission to the MHRA, they can only confirm where they have not found it. So how would the CDC know something that neither the scientists who developed the vaccine or the manufacturers who produced and studied it are unaware of.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Sorry but I respectfully will agree to disagree. Let me leave you with this......

I would much prefer to be stuck on an elevator with a vaccinated 80 year old than an un-vaccinated 17 year old.

I have been vaccinated and frankly, could handle either.  

1 hour ago, nomad098 said:

Unlike you I do not have the same blind faith and trust in scientists and Governments as I am aware of the very poor behaviour of both of these groups in the past all of which is a matter of public record, I am also aware that the FDA and MHRA have licenced treatments in the past in good faith only to have to rescind and recall treatments/drugs, so I research and verify and do not take things at face value.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

Second bullet point only partially true, mRNA does not enter the nucleus but this is very misleading statement, numerous studies have shown the coding of mRNA can and does have have an effect on DNA. To make a Zebrafish bio luminescent you code mRNA to alter the fishes DNA in vitro. You can also use mRNA to close off parts of the DNA structure altering the function of the DNA, this is used effectively with end stage cancer patients with 27% of end stage patients showing significant delays in the progress of the cancer. The whole point of the mRNA vaccine is to create the spike protein of a virus without creating the whole virus manipulating the viruses genetic makeup. 

Third bullet point is a completely untrue as Pfizer has stated they do not know what happens to the synthetic mRNA in their submission to the MHRA, they can only confirm where they have not found it. So how would the CDC know something that neither the scientists who developed the vaccine or the manufacturers who produced and studied it are unaware of.

Very thought provoking but how can the CDC make these statements and not be able to verify them?

1 hour ago, nomad098 said:

You must have a more scientific and inquisitive mind than I do. Everything I have read about these mRNA vaccines, is very positive to me. Nothing about them makes me leery that I have done something that may be detrimental to my health in years to come.

The technology is amazing to me. I like the fact that these mRNA vaccines need just a bit of a tweek to protect against variants rather than the process needed for traditional vaccines and that can be done very quickly with mRNA vaccines. I honestly do not believe our DNA can be changed although I imagine there are some folks out there that can us a bit of a rehab in that department. LOL.

I really appreciate your dedication to the research you have done but I wonder why, if you were able to unfold many of these things you have mentioned, why the mRNA manufacturers were still able to get the emergency authorization from the FDA? Do you honestly feel the emergency authorization will be rescinded and these vaccines will never get the approval the manufacturers seek?

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Every guest over 18 for both Royal and Celebrity’s sailings from the Caribbean this summer must be vaccinated. Kids under 18 must show a negative PCR test.   There is no exception for those “yet to be vaccinated”

Yes, sorry - poor wording/explanation on my part.  I meant kids 16-17 who are unable to be vaccinated in most states. 

I hope no one is suggesting RC doesn't have the right to set qualifiers to cruising. This isn't new. No babies under six months, no pregnant ladies passed a certain gestational age. If you don't want the vaccine, don't get it. You are being denied vacation on a cruise ship, not access to housing, employment, or medical care.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Boo's Mom said:

Not sure how this might play out for cruises, but here in the USA - it is against the law to require someone to receive an experimental vaccine. ie:  A doctor working in a hospital can be strongly encouraged to take the Covid-19 vaccine but he cannot be fired for refusing [as long as the vaccine is still in an experimental stage].  But once/if FDA approved, the whole game changes.

The current COVID 19 mRNA "vaccines" (specifically Moderna and Pfizer) fulfill all the definitions of gene therapy and none of the definitions for a vaccine.

Since mRNA “vaccines” do not meet the medical and/or legal definition of a vaccine, marketing them as such is a deceptive practice that violates the law that governs advertising of medical practices.

These "vaccines" are experimental gene therapies and are not FDA approved.  They are FDA authorized for emergency use only. 

Additionally, there is no evidence that either "vaccine" will prevent someone from getting Covid or transmitting Covid.  The manufacturers will tell you this.  They simply do not know because the "vaccines" have not been adequately studied in clinical trials. 

I am not anti-vaccine in any way.  But - there are so many unknowns with these Covid-19 "vaccines". 

Clinical trials will be ongoing for the next few years.  

The mRNA technology has never made it out of clinical trials.  

The rats never fared very well after receiving the "vaccine" and then encountering a corona virus in the wild.  They died. 

As for me and my household - we had one adult have Covid last Spring.  Mild flu-like symptoms.  She recovered very quickly.  I did not isolate from her in my home.  I am a big believer in herd immunity.  

We also purpose to have a healthy immune system, which we don't hear the experts talking about enough. 

Tens of thousands of medical personnel around the world are cautioning us about receiving these Covid-19 vaccines.  Most of these are either retired or self employed and are not in danger of being fired for voicing their concerns. 

One virologist and molecular biologist recently stated that "COVID-19 is not even a disease. COVID-19 is a series of clinical symptoms" 

It's a big subject.  It deserves independent research by individuals. 

There is a lot of information available to research.  A google search is not research. 

I love cruising.  

I know the industry has been hit hard. 

I pray for a quick and successful path forward so I can be welcomed onboard soon! 🍷

That is actually not true. Any privately owned company can require that their employees be vaccinated. Just like the cruise lines can do the same. As a matter of fact, here in NJ, Rutgers University just announced today that all incoming Fall students must show proof of vaccination. 

• Like 3