Vaccine Requirement News

11 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

I received mine at Publix in Florida, I didn't write down my driver's license # or my social, they did not ask for it at time of vaccination either. So yes Publix knows my name and address, but how am I in some sort of database?

Can't speak for Florida but in oHIo are info was typed in by the pharmacy directly to the County Health dept. I know this because they asked about my wifes shots from a different pharmacy I asked how they knew this and told they have to entire everything in the CHD data base.

As someone with school age kids I am very familiar with getting vaccine records which I have to request from their pediatrician. When I did my first COVID shot at Walgreens they asked for my doctors info so they could forward the record to them. From what I can tell there is no national vaccine database, it's all handled by local doctors offices. So, my best guess is that if you want to go on a cruise that requires the COVID vaccine you would just get a copy of your records from your doctors office.

The other option is they could ask to see the paper card you get but that seems so unofficial and easy to fake that I'm not sure there is much point to it. Although I suppose our SSN cards aren't much better looking which is considered an official document.

I know there is talk about vaccine passports but given the normal speed of government offices it may be a moot point by the time they actually get them into people's hands. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tippyton said:

So the only record "they" have of you is neither a name, SSN, or any other sort of personal identifier...?  As I suspected....

So the government will try to mandate it, businesses with be merely box checkers to placate the government, and imposters like me will be...meh.

No SSN asked and even asked if I wanted info send to my Drs ect or not. Had 12 places ask me schedule in 14days, after first shot, even went online see if could have schedule multiple appts. Vaccine Card received doesn't even have my name on it, just Vaccine info. That one was the surprise. Vaccines(except kids) required to Cruise this Summer Yes, later on into Regular Cruises Nope. Don't see this Vaccine ever 100% Mandate, at least in US. This isnt like Kids requiring Vaccines/Card for school, they dont even require Influenza even though that killed more minors in last yr then Covid.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

People put too much faith in the federal government (completely apolitically) to think they all have this info or could easily get it.

You have (tens of) thousands of providers across the country of varying levels of technical sophistication and varying levels of data collection that would have to put all this data together. That's before any legal challenges to the data.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Two minutes in Excel with the right information, could easily match it to a social. That’s the manual way of doing it, computer could do it in under a second.

F- I hope we learned from the UK and stopped using Excel as a data base. (they lost records because they hit the cell limits). As long as it's done in a database, it's crazy easy to do records match.

Heck, I bet Google, Facebook, and all other social media companies already figured out who has gotten the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

People put too much faith in the federal government (completely apolitically) to think they all have this info or could easily get it.

You have (tens of) thousands of providers across the country of varying levels of technical sophistication and varying levels of data collection that would have to put all this data together. That's before any legal challenges to the data.

I agree, the USA healthcare system is to.... to... it's just stuff thrown on the wall at the zoo. I suspect this will be all that the NIH and other health care agencies needed to require all providers have electronic medical records that are interoperable.

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It is easy to get if you got the covid vaccine.  As an aside, I audit school health records in the summer.  Incoming kindergarten are required to have 5 dtap, 4 polio, 2 MMR and 1 polio plus HIB and pneumococcal vaccine series.  Incoming 6th graders have to have meningococcal and tdap vaccines.  I have fellow nurse and pharmacist colleagues who are giving covid vaccines and inputting info into the state system.  You need to have training to be able to input this.  Once you work with this information, you realize how much better it is to be able to have vaccine information available online as opposed to the old yellow cards of the past.  I have had to deal with many parents who just would not give me any vaccine records for school not because they were anti vaxxers but because it wasn't a priority for them.  When I was able to retrieve vaccine records for work, it made my job much easier.  

10 hours ago, TheMiz said:

In oHIo we had to show our Red/White/Blue card or SSN card  ( for payment ) along with our drivers license . All info was stored at the County Health Dept. and I am sure it is passed on to the State level too.

In Ohio, we only had to show our driver's license as an ID.  We had uploaded our insurance info online, but were told we didn't need it.  We live about a mile into Michigan but our service providers are in Ohio, so we were able to get the vaccine in Toledo.  DH and I get our 2nd dose on Saturday. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

In Ohio, we only had to show our driver's license as an ID.  We had uploaded our insurance info online, but were told we didn't need it.  We live about a mile into Michigan but our service providers are in Ohio, so we were able to get the vaccine in Toledo.  DH and I get our 2nd dose on Saturday. 

No insurance needed here in Nashville.  No one asked for insurance information.  Don't recall anyone asking for our id.  Our names were on a list.  Filled out info form as to our medical history and that's it.  

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

No insurance needed here in Nashville.  No one asked for insurance information.  Don't recall anyone asking for our id.  Our names were on a list.  Filled out info form as to our medical history and that's it.  

You don't need insurance. If you have insurance the labor cost of the person giving the jab is paid thru your insurance.  If you don't  have or show  insurance then the labor cost is paid directly by federal covid funds. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

You don't need insurance. If you have insurance the labor cost of the person giving the jab is paid thru your insurance.  If you don't  have or show  insurance then the labor cost is paid directly by federal covid funds. 

We have insurance but no one asked for it.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

at $18.50 to $30  I questioned the fees which of course we didn't have to pay , I was told it a fee for paper work etc. 

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That's not true. The only thing sent is demographic information, not names or other identifying info.

I signed a bunch of releases at Walgreens. 

No idea what any of it was, just wanted my shot😉

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

They had your uploaded insurance info so you are good to go, you should only have to show your State issued Driver's License.

In my hometown Massillon, oHIo if you planned on getting your shot through the City of Massillon Health Department they do check your addresses etc. if you are out of the city limits your appointment is cancelled .

16 year and older  started in oHIo Monday

5 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

They had your uploaded insurance info so you are good to go, you should only have to show your State issued Driver's License.

In my hometown Massillon, oHIo if you planned on getting your shot through the City of Massillon Health Department they do check your addresses etc. if you are out of the city limits your appointment is cancelled .

16 year and older  started in oHIo Monday

They said that they weren't going to bill them, anyway, so we'll see.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:42 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

You like using that term. I suppose you’re not religious. I think some might take offense to this terminology.  

M8

Using this noun means I’m not religious???  And it’s offensive??
zeal·ot
/ˈzelət/

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

43 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:
Using this noun means I’m not religious???  And it’s offensive??
zeal·ot
/ˈzelət/

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

From what I have read the anti-vaxxers are not pursuing any religious ideals. They fall for conspiracy theories, or have an anti science outlook or are gullible to crackpotism. They have temporarily intersected with the Q nuts who will soon move on. (the Q kooks think one of our neighborhood pizza places is a child trafficking ring, totally ludicrous)It is not about religion.  I know folks with strong religous ideals , they constantly pollute my FB feed with unwanted tomes which I ignore, yet most of them have posted about getting their doses or trying to get a vaccination appointment.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

They said that they weren't going to bill them, anyway, so we'll see.

You don't get billed .  But the pharmacies bills the feds , they are not doing it for free.

Edited by TheMiz

Ok.  We didn’t get our shots at a pharmacy but through our city/County, Nashville.  No insurance questions.  I'm not even sure pharmacies are doing it in our county because of how Nashville is handling it.  You go online,  sign up, show up at the civic center, check in, fill out the information sheet, get your shot, wait your 15 min, or 30 for me, and off you go.  So yes, probably using covid funds. No complaints.  We got our shots.

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:
18 hours ago, Tippyton said:

No SSN asked and even asked if I wanted info send to my Drs ect or not. Had 12 places ask me schedule in 14days, after first shot, even went online see if could have schedule multiple appts. Vaccine Card received doesn't even have my name on it, just Vaccine info. That one was the surprise. Vaccines(except kids) required to Cruise this Summer Yes, later on into Regular Cruises Nope. Don't see this Vaccine ever 100% Mandate, at least in US. This isnt like Kids requiring Vaccines/Card for school, they dont even require Influenza even though that killed more minors in last yr then Covid.

If you have a vaccination card without your name on it, I’m not sure this would go too far if you were to try to use it as prof of vaccination.

5 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

If you have a vaccination card without your name on it, I’m not sure this would go too far if you were to try to use it as prof of vaccination.

True, point was surprised they didnt put my name on it. Getting second shot Sat, will fill name in before