On 3/31/2021 at 5:37 PM, smokeybandit said:

All the CDC-issued cards are 4x3 cardstock.

States may have their own cards.

Using a fake vaccine card is a felony

1-800-hhs-tips

22 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Pfizer officially petitions the CDC, this afternoon, to expand the EUA to 12 years old and up.

And J&J is having production/distribution issues. Shipments should drop 80% next week. 

Not a big deal since some states are halting innoculations due to adverse reactions.

Or so I saw on TV tonight

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And J&J is having production/distribution issues. Shipments should drop 80% next week. 

Not a big deal since some states are halting innoculations due to adverse reactions.

Or so I saw on TV tonight

Was it a J&J facility that incorrectly mixed a vaccine compund?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Just google excess deaths US 2020. Pick you preferred news source. Data will be from death certificates submitted to CDC. Pick any other year. Other years will show spikes from bad flu seasons, etc. 

Here are the CDC's calculations of excess deaths-scroll down for graph. Note it takes a few weeks for death certificates etc to be counted.

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 (cdc.gov)

Edited by Stallion
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, broberts said:

I believe so

Something like that happened with Salk vaccine. 120,000 bad doses created a man made epidemic

Edited by John&LaLa
2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Woof

Seperate thread for that. 😇

You can create one about Good old days in NYC in Floataway Lounge. 😉

14 hours ago, broberts said:

It wasn’t a J&J facility. It was a 3rd party manufacturer that was contracted to make the J&J vaccine (really unprecedented that J&J has shared the recipe to the “secret sauce” to outside mfg. to increase capacity) 

This factory also had a contract to produce Astra Zeneca, they mixed up some steps between the 2 processes. 

This factory lost their J&J contract. 

54 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

You need to extremely careful when analysing the data.

Out of the last 50 years 2020 ranks 35th for mortality in the UK

The links you posted covers the period 2014-2019 and there is no mention that for the UK we had 2 years where mortality in the UK was dramatically lower than the norm skewing the data lower for the 5 year average. 

The data is not wrong but should be taken with reference to wider data sets.   

13 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

You need to extremely careful when analysing the data.

Out of the last 50 years 2020 ranks 35th for mortality in the UK

The links you posted covers the period 2014-2019 and there is no mention that for the UK we had 2 years where mortality in the UK was dramatically lower than the norm skewing the data lower for the 5 year average. 

The data is not wrong but should be taken with reference to wider data sets.   

Cherry Picking is always done when a case is weak. Everyone talks about Diamond Princess when there were likely well over a hundred other of cruise ships out there.

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It wasn’t a J&J facility. It was a 3rd party manufacturer that was contracted to make the J&J vaccine (really unprecedented that J&J has shared the recipe to the “secret sauce” to outside mfg. to increase capacity) 

This factory also had a contract to produce Astra Zeneca, they mixed up some steps between the 2 processes. 

This factory lost their J&J contract. 

Sub contacting out is totally the norm now😉

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-makers-tap-contractors-to-produce-billions-of-doses-11608373800

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We need a flying pig emoji 😉🤣🤣

On every cruise that I was on from 2009 to 2013 I brought signed copies of my book and gave them away to anyone who wished the free copy to every CC person who showed up to the Meet and Mingle.

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

On every cruise that I was on from 2009 to 2013 I brought signed copies of my book and gave them away to anyone who wished the free copy to every CC person who showed up to the Meet and Mingle.

I gave you a Thank You.

So what's book about, Cliff Notes version.

Haven't read a book in 15 years. That was the flying pig comment

19 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Pfizer officially petitions the CDC, this afternoon, to expand the EUA to 12 years old and up.

Which is scary since their kids trial was very small compared to adults and there's no emergency need for kids to get the vaccine

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I gave you a Thank You.

So what's book about, Cliff Notes version.

Haven't read a book in 15 years. That was the flying pig comment

The book is about the power of friendship.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Which is scary since their kids trial was very small compared to adults and there's no emergency need for kids to get the vaccine

In this age group they are able to use the adult trials as a predicate cohort. All that really needed worked out was dosing (and I believe the 12-15 group is getting the same 2 dose regimen as everyone else has been getting)
Not at all scary, and piggy backed trial groups are pretty normal 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In this age group they are able to use the adult trials as a predicate cohort. All that really needed worked out was dosing (and I believe the 12-15 group is getting the same 2 dose regimen as everyone else has been getting)
Not at all scary, and piggy backed trial groups are pretty normal 

I can’t wait until my 12-year old granddaughter gets the vaccine. Hoping she is fully inoculated when she goes to summer camp in July. 

On 4/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, time4u2go said:

Thank you for taking the time to post those links. I appreciate it. Quite fascinating, as it turns out. Having just taken a few moments to peruse some of the graphs, you can see a clear downward trend pretty much everywhere in the United States. Of particular note is South Dakota, which (according to its governor, Kristi Noem) never locked down. It had a spike somewhere between Oct 2020 and Feb 2021 (hard to tell since the graphs aren't month-by-month), and yet its trend is also downward, and was nowhere near New York's. Even most of Europe is trending downward in terms of cases. Therefore, all the more reason to stop the lock downs and open up tourism again.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Sky616 said:

This has not been authorized by the FDA.  Just a rushed experiment.   Can't even say it's a vaccine.

When will it not be "AN EXPERIMENT" ?

How many hundreds of millions if not billions will it take to not be "AN EXPERIMENT." ?