Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/31/2021 at 5:37 PM, smokeybandit said:

All the CDC-issued cards are 4x3 cardstock.

 

States may have their own cards.

 

Using a fake vaccine card is a felony

 

1-800-hhs-tips

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Pfizer officially petitions the CDC, this afternoon, to expand the EUA to 12 years old and up.

 

And J&J is having production/distribution issues. Shipments should drop 80% next week. 

 

Not a big deal since some states are halting innoculations due to adverse reactions.

 

Or so I saw on TV tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

And J&J is having production/distribution issues. Shipments should drop 80% next week. 

 

Not a big deal since some states are halting innoculations due to adverse reactions.

 

Or so I saw on TV tonight

 

Was it a J&J facility that incorrectly mixed a vaccine compund?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Just google excess deaths US 2020. Pick you preferred news source. Data will be from death certificates submitted to CDC. Pick any other year. Other years will show spikes from bad flu seasons, etc. 

Here are the CDC's calculations of excess deaths-scroll down for graph. Note it takes a few weeks for death certificates etc to be counted.

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 (cdc.gov)

 

 

Edited by Stallion
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, broberts said:

 

Was it a J&J facility that incorrectly mixed a vaccine compund?

 

I believe so

 

Something like that happened with Salk vaccine. 120,000 bad doses created a man made epidemic

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Woof

 

 

Seperate thread for that. 😇

 

You can create one about Good old days in NYC in Floataway Lounge. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, broberts said:

 

Was it a J&J facility that incorrectly mixed a vaccine compund?

It wasn’t a J&J facility. It was a 3rd party manufacturer that was contracted to make the J&J vaccine (really unprecedented that J&J has shared the recipe to the “secret sauce” to outside mfg. to increase capacity) 

 

This factory also had a contract to produce Astra Zeneca, they mixed up some steps between the 2 processes. 


This factory lost their J&J contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

 

You need to extremely careful when analysing the data.

 

Out of the last 50 years 2020 ranks 35th for mortality in the UK

 

The links you posted covers the period 2014-2019 and there is no mention that for the UK we had 2 years where mortality in the UK was dramatically lower than the norm skewing the data lower for the 5 year average. 

 

The data is not wrong but should be taken with reference to wider data sets.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

 

You need to extremely careful when analysing the data.

 

Out of the last 50 years 2020 ranks 35th for mortality in the UK

 

The links you posted covers the period 2014-2019 and there is no mention that for the UK we had 2 years where mortality in the UK was dramatically lower than the norm skewing the data lower for the 5 year average. 

 

The data is not wrong but should be taken with reference to wider data sets.   

Cherry Picking is always done when a case is weak. Everyone talks about Diamond Princess when there were likely well over a hundred other of cruise ships out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It wasn’t a J&J facility. It was a 3rd party manufacturer that was contracted to make the J&J vaccine (really unprecedented that J&J has shared the recipe to the “secret sauce” to outside mfg. to increase capacity) 

 

This factory also had a contract to produce Astra Zeneca, they mixed up some steps between the 2 processes. 


This factory lost their J&J contract. 

 

Sub contacting out is totally the norm now😉

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-makers-tap-contractors-to-produce-billions-of-doses-11608373800

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We need a flying pig emoji 😉🤣🤣

On every cruise that I was on from 2009 to 2013 I brought signed copies of my book and gave them away to anyone who wished the free copy to every CC person who showed up to the Meet and Mingle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

On every cruise that I was on from 2009 to 2013 I brought signed copies of my book and gave them away to anyone who wished the free copy to every CC person who showed up to the Meet and Mingle.

 

I gave you a Thank You.

 

So what's book about, Cliff Notes version.

 

Haven't read a book in 15 years. That was the flying pig comment

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Pfizer officially petitions the CDC, this afternoon, to expand the EUA to 12 years old and up.

 

Which is scary since their kids trial was very small compared to adults and there's no emergency need for kids to get the vaccine

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I gave you a Thank You.

 

So what's book about, Cliff Notes version.

 

Haven't read a book in 15 years. That was the flying pig comment

The book is about the power of friendship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

 

Which is scary since their kids trial was very small compared to adults and there's no emergency need for kids to get the vaccine

In this age group they are able to use the adult trials as a predicate cohort. All that really needed worked out was dosing (and I believe the 12-15 group is getting the same 2 dose regimen as everyone else has been getting)
Not at all scary, and piggy backed trial groups are pretty normal 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In this age group they are able to use the adult trials as a predicate cohort. All that really needed worked out was dosing (and I believe the 12-15 group is getting the same 2 dose regimen as everyone else has been getting)
Not at all scary, and piggy backed trial groups are pretty normal 


I can’t wait until my 12-year old granddaughter gets the vaccine. Hoping she is fully inoculated when she goes to summer camp in July. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, time4u2go said:

Thank you for taking the time to post those links. I appreciate it. Quite fascinating, as it turns out. Having just taken a few moments to peruse some of the graphs, you can see a clear downward trend pretty much everywhere in the United States. Of particular note is South Dakota, which (according to its governor, Kristi Noem) never locked down. It had a spike somewhere between Oct 2020 and Feb 2021 (hard to tell since the graphs aren't month-by-month), and yet its trend is also downward, and was nowhere near New York's. Even most of Europe is trending downward in terms of cases. Therefore, all the more reason to stop the lock downs and open up tourism again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Sky616 said:

This has not been authorized by the FDA.  Just a rushed experiment.   Can't even say it's a vaccine.

When will it not be "AN EXPERIMENT" ?

 

How many hundreds of millions if not billions will it take to not be "AN EXPERIMENT." ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...