36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

6 blood clots out of 1.6 million vaccines, no deaths.  Seems like a bit of an over reaction to halt distribution.  I don't expect it will last long, an advisory committee will review the data later this week, and distribution will restart I believe.

While I agree with you it seems like the stock market is looking for a reason to sell off. One of these days the sell off keeps going. Its climbing a wall of worry with inflation fears, michigan seems to be having spiking. Michigan asked for more doses and cdc says no, they don't act immediately which sounded dumb to me. They act in a couple weeks to help. Sounded good to me to give them some extra, but now we see why they cant, so maybe this was known.

If lock downs worked the states numbers would show it. I wish the cdc would review science, as Michigan is talking shut downs again which has been proven not to work, look at the numbers. Vaccines work. 

Seeing the climb in cases in Michigan and ny nj and there were a couple more states spiking isnt good for cruises reopening. 

53 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

6 blood clots out of 1.6 million vaccines, no deaths.  Seems like a bit of an over reaction to halt distribution.  I don't expect it will last long, an advisory committee will review the data later this week, and distribution will restart I believe.

6.8 million one death one in critical condition

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

While I agree with you it seems like the stock market is looking for a reason to sell off. One of these days the sell off keeps going. Its climbing a wall of worry with inflation fears, michigan seems to be having spiking. Michigan asked for more doses and cdc says no, they don't act immediately which sounded dumb to me. They act in a couple weeks to help. Sounded good to me to give them some extra, but now we see why they cant, so maybe this was known.

If lock downs worked the states numbers would show it. I wish the cdc would review science, as Michigan is talking shut downs again which has been proven not to work, look at the numbers. Vaccines work. 

Seeing the climb in cases in Michigan and ny nj and there were a couple more states spiking isnt good for cruises reopening. 

Michigan is showing highest cases in children than anywhere.  They are also showing the largest number of the uk variant.  

Nj/ny teeter back and forth like other states now that everyone is out with beautiful weather.  Those numbers will decline as more and more are vaccinated.  

The pause of j and j is a setback and maybe they will set new rules on who can get j and j like some other countries are doing with astra zeneca that has same blood clot issues.

So happy, so far, my family received pfizer vaccine.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Kind of like the odds of dying of the plandemic?

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

State of PA opened up to vaccinating anyone 16 or older.   Not sure who was getting J and J in my area.  First it was reserved for teachers only, then being used for restaurant and transportation workers.  

I wonder if this new issue has anything to do with the fact a plant in Baltimore had mixed up ingredients for astra zeneca with j and j vaccines. Maybe they did not get all batches recalled in time.

Nothing to do with the plant issues.  The pause has to do with 6 blood clot cases in women less than 50 years old.  6 out of the millions of vaccines given.  The FDA and CDC have recommended the pause to further study the situation.  Some guidance has been given for those who had the J&J shot: watch for severe headaches or leg pain within the first 13 days after you had the shot.  Very rare condition, similar to that experienced with AZ vaccine.  

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

...and now they're making noises about Moderna having excessive adverse affects.  Seems like Pfizer is trying to take out its competition.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Nothing to do with the plant issues.  The pause has to do with 6 blood clot cases in women less than 50 years old.  6 out of the millions of vaccines given.  The FDA and CDC have recommended the pause to further study the situation.  Some guidance has been given for those who had the J&J shot: watch for severe headaches or leg pain within the first 13 days after you had the shot.  Very rare condition, similar to that experienced with AZ vaccine.  

Some countries have set restrictions on who gets the AZ vaccine, maybe the US will do the same with J&J vaccine.     As you said it is very rare but it also doesn't help having this issue with millions of people already on the fence on whether or not to get vaccinated.    At least Doctors now know how to treat this should someone show up in the ER with the symptoms.    

3 hours ago, sjg1973 said:

Kind of like the odds of dying of the plandemic?

1,600,000 cases of Covid would cause 16,000 deaths, which is no where near 1 death caused by the J&J vaccine. 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

6.8 million one death one in critical condition

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

My question would be how many of them are on the pill?  The pill is known to cause blood clots in some women and maybe the vaccine enhanced that issue.  Just a thought.

So surprised many of you are interested in statistics all of a sudden !  

6 out of 7,000,000ish.  

Anyone know how common blood clots are with taking birth control?  Wifey tells me 1 out of 1000... Look it up and correct her.  

They either know more than leading on, or are just idiots.   Personally, I think they are idiots.

Many of you are Team Save Every Life - how does this land with you?  

The optics of this are astounding to me!!!  

Cruise lines are private businesses and can set their own rules onboard. No shoes; no shirt no admittance to the lido. No mask; no vaccine no chance of ever being a chair hog on upcoming cruises once they start.

I'm glad private enterprise is finally coming to its senses and is beginning to take a stand on this requirement. Setting up rules is the only way to ever get back to operations without the threat of future lockdowns. I sure don't want to get stuck in a small cabin for weeks when on vacation. A vaccine and mask gives us the safety to cruise again without irresponsible people disrupting the holiday for everyone else.

DeSantis didn't dare dictate to Disney when The Mouse decided it was too dangerous and closed for a time. When it opened again, you have to wear a mask and socially distance or they call the cops. The Governor won't dictate to cruise lines either.

Watch for Disney to begin a vaccine rule, too, after everyone has gotten a chance to get the free shots.

DeSantis hasn't dropped the requirement for everyone to get vaccinations for measles, smallpox and other diseases. Is that what we can expect form him next? Florida would become a laughingstock in on the world stage. All this to prove he's supposed to be as tough as another Russian Mafia hood?