Cruising out of Long beach- questions about hotels with shuttles

For my Cruise out of Long Beach I will be arriving the day before... and want to find a hotel the night before the cruise that is closer to the terminal  with shuttle to the Cruise terminal but walking distance to the metro so we can explore.

For the day of disembarkation I am wondering if there is a hotel near the same area with a shuttle to Long beach airport. (found the holiday inn near the airport which will work if there is not,) but not much to explore there and we will have all day and the next morning to explore.

What is  reasonable transportation from the Long beach airport to the area close to the the terminal where hopefully my hotel will be the day we get in. Any idea on what to expect to pay for this trip.  I am guessing there is not a shuttle from the airport to that area of long beach.... Wondering how expensive an Uber would be for that kind of distance?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I recommend Hotel Maya (a Hilton property).  It's a nice place and walking distance to the cruise terminal (they also offer a free shuttle if you difficulty walking).  My second recommendation is Hilton Hotel Long Beach.  They also offer a free shuttle to the cruise terminal which you'll need since that hotel is not walking distance.  I've stayed at both and would give the slight edge to Hotel Maya for the proximity to the terminal as well as the beautiful grounds.  Oh and they also offer park and cruise package for those that drive to port like we do.

Edit:  Sorry, I can't help with the airport transportation questions.

Edited by 4hunters
  • 1 month later...